THE FREUD GAME!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Well scrubs, it's time to play a little game. I call this THE FREUD GAME! Why you may wonder? Simple, because I'm just getting out of Psychology and English class only to discover that after learning Freud's theories (Mostly his sexual theories, such as Oral, Sadistic-Anal etc, etc)
I'm starting to see it EVERYWHERE!! It gets annoying. So join me in my misery.

ONTO THE GAME!
The rules are quite simple.

[HEADING=2]Rules:[/HEADING]

1. List one of your favorite video games

2. List any if not all Freudian elements within the game. Be it; story, character or over all gameplay.
NOTE: These can be stretched or exaggerated...kinda like the size of a male penis. FREUD FREUD!!

3. If the game you have listed does have Freudian elements, simply put FREUD FREUD in big bold letters in your post or next to the game you listed.

4. If said game has no Freudian elements then congratulations. YOU'RE A WINNER!!

NOTE: Other users may take the liberty to re-evaluate one of the winners games to see if they really do have or don't have Freudian elements

What is a Freudian Element you may ask?

[HEADING=2]Freudian Elements can be represented as such:[/HEADING]

- If a certain character has mother issues, I.E. unconsciously wanting to shag her. This can also work Vice Versa with a female character having a disturbingly close relationship with her father. (Basically an Oedipal Complex)

- If there are gameplay elements that seem somewhat to extremely phallic. Whether they bet subtle or not.

- Other aspects of a game that give an idea of retreating into the womb. (Example: Devil May Cry 1 or Earthbound)

- Extreme sexism to the point of Penis envy and that every woman is simply a man who cannot represent themselves as one. (Go figure with that one)

- Or the easy one in which the character deals with the conflict between the Id and Superego thereby forming the Ego.

[HEADING=1]Now that you know the rules. Go out and have fun!![/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]"You all have Penis envy"[/HEADING]

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Ser Imp said:
I'd say the Reaper ship from Mass Effect 2 is pretty phallic FREUD FREUD
Did I do it right?
Yes you did! If you would like to post a picture then feel free to do so.

Plus you can say Freud Freud in any font you choose, just as long as it sticks out.

Congratz

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
well DMC is in my top 10 right now.
and Dante does have parent issues.

Demons Souls features oversized swords (i think the biggest one has 'Bone' in it too) Freud! Freud!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Nevyrmoore said:
Would it be a bit of a cop-out to say Shadows of the Damned?
Eeeeeeh kinda, but hey it doesn't really matter if it's subtle or not. So yeah it's a valid point.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
SOLITAIRE!!! It was the last game I played. I'm trying to find something Freudian in it but I'm afraid I won

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
well DMC is in my top 10 right now.
and Dante does have parent issues.

Demons Souls features oversized swords (i think the biggest one has 'Bone' in it too) Freud! Freud!
Well considering he is currently Dating Trish who was designed to look just like his Mommy, I'd say that Dante had reached full OEDIPAL COMPLEX

FRUED FRUED

Sep 19, 2008
Vuavu said:
SOLITAIRE!!! It was the last game I played. I'm trying to find something Freudian in it but I'm afraid I won
The Jack has to land on top of the queen who I personally have always viewed as his mother.

So son on top of mother ergo Freudian.

The Cap said:
f1 2011

WINNAR1!!
The shape of the cars could be considered phallic if somewhat loosely.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Leon Last Lord Shyle said:
Vuavu said:
The Jack has to land on top of the queen who I personally have always viewed as his mother.

So son on top of mother ergo Freudian.
HA! Nice exaggeration! This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for when disputing XD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Freud Freud Left 4 Dead. The two most powerful infected are the Tank and Witch. Arguably representative of the mother and father, whom it you are highly encouraged to kill. Very much like the tail end of castration anxiety, or penis envy when the child fears/feels hostile towards the same sex parent.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Battlefield 3. I can't find any Freud elements, discounting anything to do with Teabaging or 'the guns are penises'.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
binnsyboy said:
Freud Freud Left 4 Dead. The two most powerful infected are the Tank and Witch. Arguably representative of the mother and father, whom it you are highly encouraged to kill. Very much like the tail end of castration anxiety, or penis envy when the child fears/feels hostile towards the same sex parent.
Oooooh very nice. Very direct quote of his theory.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
MrJKapowey said:
Battlefield 3. I can't find any Freud elements, discounting anything to do with Teabaging or 'the guns are penises'.
WINNER!!!...until credible dispute

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
First, obviously: Snake = Penis FREUD FREUD
Volgin is Snake's father and Snake kills him to get to his mother, The Boss. FREUD FREUD

In Bioshock 2 you play as a Big Daddy and you thrust your drill into people. FREUD FREUD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Madara XIII said:
MrJKapowey said:
WINNER!!!...until credible dispute
To a female player, the large guns could symbolize penis envy.

As for my Left 4 Dead thing, I'm doing my Psychology A level, and we've started out with Freud.