The Funniest Star Wars: The Force Awakens Memes And Fan Videos

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
The Funniest Star Wars: The Force Awakens Memes And Fan Videos

We've collected our favorite The Force Awakens joke and memes. Merry Christmas!

Read Full Article

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, I admit it: these made me laugh, especially the last few. (A lightsaber buster sword or chainsaw? Yes please! I don't care if it's ridiculous!)

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Brian Tams said:
Whether you love or hate the Light-Claymore, you have to admit; these are pretty funny.
I love it. People keep complaining about the cross guard, even though regular lightsabers don't have those.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Those are hilarious. I like the light chainsaw. I don't know how that'd actually work, but it's funny.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Renegade-pizza said:
Brian Tams said:
Whether you love or hate the Light-Claymore, you have to admit; these are pretty funny.
I love it. People keep complaining about the cross guard, even though regular lightsabers don't have those.
The most common complaint about the Claymore is "its dangerous to the wielder...." yet no-one seems to understand a "blade" without a crossguard is almost as dangerous, they don't realise its easy for the wielder's hand to slip down onto the blade.

If a Jedi/Sith has enough control over their weapon to prevent that having a crossguard the same as the blade is little problem either.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
J Tyran said:
The most common complaint about the Claymore is "its dangerous to the wielder...." yet no-one seems to understand a "blade" without a crossguard is almost as dangerous, they don't realize it's easy for the wielder's hand to slip down onto the blade.
Which kind of becomes a moot point when you consider that in this case the crossguard that is supposed to keep you from touching the blade is another blade. :p
Also, just to note down the most common complains:

-It's dangerous to the wielder. Anyone who ever actually held a sword with a wide crossguard knows that most just swinging it can easily put you in contact with it, which is a problem when just touching it can singe and cut you.

-It's pointless. Crossguards do two things: They stop strikes aimed directly at the hands (which, to be fair, this one could probably do well) and to stop the opponent's blade from sliding down yours and cutting off your fingers in the process. It's the latter that this crossguard simply wouldn't fulfill, as a lightsaber sliding down its blade would cut right through the emitters anyway, and if the emitters are made from one of the many lightsaber-proof materials of the setting then, well, why don't you just have a simple solid crossguard that would not cut off your own wrist at the slightest mistake?

-It looks dumb. This particular one is in the eye of the beholder. In fact it compares pretty well with Darth Maul's double bladed lightsaber, as there are people who find it absolutely badass while others find it the stupidest thing since air-conditioned motorcycles. At least it's not as bad as the lighsaber tonfa...

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
GabeZhul said:
At least it's not as bad as the lighsaber tonfa...
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091120173916/starwars/images/4/47/Maris_Brood.jpg
That is totally safe, I don't know what you are talking about...
In terms of stupidity, clone assassin 2ft long elbow blade is up there too.
If a 40k ork has more practical weapons, its time to rethink what you are using.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Regarding the Broadsaber; I have no issue with the way it looks or it's conceptual design, in fact, as someone who has attempted to learn lightsaber fighting in real life, I think the lack of any hand protection on a normal lightsaber is a huge weakness of the weapon. It makes a lot of otherwise very effective defensive techniques totally impossible, and cripples the defensive abilities of the weapon.

No, my issue is that having the hand guards be miniature sabers is dangerous and makes no sense. In the course a sword fight, you're going to have to maneuver the hilt of your sword quite a bit, and it's very easy for you to inadvertently touch the hand guard. In normal circumstances, you won't even notice, but with this weapon, simply performing a flourish can result in you slicing off your own hand.

This was not necessary; there exists metal in the Star Wars universe that is invulnerable to lightsaber blades, just make the handguard out of Cortosis or Phrik alloy. Hell, Darth Sidious himself constructed his lightsaber from Phrik alloy. Had this new weapon been altered in this small way, I would have considered it a superior piece of craftsmanship to the original saber.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
The most common complaint about the Claymore is "its dangerous to the wielder...." yet no-one seems to understand a "blade" without a crossguard is almost as dangerous, they don't realize it's easy for the wielder's hand to slip down onto the blade.
Which kind of becomes a moot point when you consider that in this case the crossguard that is supposed to keep you from touching the blade is another blade. :p
What, my point that a regular lightsabre is almost as dangerous as this new one is a moot one?

b.w.irenicus

Apr 16, 2013
I think it is kind of pointless to argue the practcal effects of a ligjt-saber (!). The only vald argument in my opinion is how it loos. And yeah, that is higly subjective. Is think it look stupid as hell, but if the design is a hint that the duels in the new Star Wars movie are gonna be more like medieval european sworfights rather than those bouncing-martial-arts-wannebe-stuff-fights from the prequels, I' m on board.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
J Tyran said:
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
What, my point that a regular lightsabre is almost as dangerous as this new one is a moot one?
Yes. To break it down; if you have a lightsaber without a crossguard, your hand might slip and then the blade might cut off your arm. If you have the one with the crossguard, your hand might slip and then the crossguard might cut off your arm while also getting in the way of twirling it around like a normal lightsaber. So yeah, the beam-crossguard is actually making the lightsaber even more dangerous to the user, so your point is moot.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
Yes. To break it down; if you have a lightsaber without a crossguard, your hand might slip and then the blade might cut off your arm. If you have the one with the crossguard, your hand might slip and then the crossguard might cut off your arm while also getting in the way of twirling it around like a normal lightsaber. So yeah, the beam-crossguard is actually making the lightsaber even more dangerous to the user, so your point is moot.
No actually its not... either way the blade is dangerous to the wielder during normal use.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
J Tyran said:
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
GabeZhul said:
J Tyran said:
No actually its not... either way the blade is dangerous to the wielder during normal use.
Careful there, you are moving the goalpost. You originally claimed that "a "blade" without a crossguard is almost as dangerous" (emphasis added by me). What I posited is that the design of the lightclaymore would make it exactly as dangerous as the standard lightsaber when considering what happens if the wielder's hands were to slip down onto the "blade". There is a tiny difference between "almost" and "exactly", wouldn't you agree?

However, you are right at the end. A lightsaber without a crossguard is indeed almost as dangerous as the claymore, meaning the standard one is less dangerous and thus the more sensible design... Though again, neither is all that sensible, but that's another matter entirely. :p

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
Its gonna be so funny when we find out that the guy in black robes is not even a Sith but rather just some fanboy trying to look cool only to hilariously slice half his body off xD

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
J Tyran said:
Have you seen the hilt of a lightsaber? It would be ridiculously difficult for a person's hand to slip on it thanks to the texturing of the grip, and if it does start to slip, you'd catch it on a knob, dip, or bulge long before you hit the emitter (And, since the blade is narrower than the hilt, you can pull your hand away before it gets close to touching the beam). The lack of weight in the blade also keeps the user aware of where their grip on the blade is.