The Future of Bleach

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Considering how much it is suffering from shounen syndrome I hope it crashes, burns, and causes a quantum collapse that erases it from out memories. Basically what I'm saying it it was good and fun, but when you figure out nobody important is allowed to die, then the series loses all fun and charm.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Hubilub said:
Bleach = LOAD OF ASS

At least nowadays. You know how the plot used to be mysterious and cool?

Hmm, how about we claim that EVERY FRIKKIN' THING THAT HAPPENED WAS PLANED OUT BY THE VILLAIN!

Seriously, BLEACH is trying way hard to have a convoluted plot, and it's failing hard. The manga used to be so awesome, but now it's all angst and plot twists.

Seriously, how many times can you have a person use deus ex machina to win a fight? I recall a match that had the two people fighting shifting between Deus ex Machinas 5 TIMES!

"You are strong... BUT I HAVE SUPER-SECRET WEAPON!"

"NOOOOOOOOO!... PSYCHE! I also have super-secret weapon!"

"NOOOOOOOO!... PSYCHE! I have moar secret-weapon!"

"NOOOOOOOO!... PSYCHE! I also have moar secret-weapon!"

And it goes on and on and on.

Do you know how boring it is to have a bad guy that has been played out as a god? IT'S BORING! That's what made the ending to Shaman King suck ass! There wasn't a decent final battle, they just used the power of love to defeat the villain.

The ending to Bleach will suck and I hope the show dies
Next chapter, try reading it as if Aizen is the main character, bent on world domination. you know, like a more serious version of Pinky and the Brain, or Invader Zim. When I started to read it like this you know how much better the manga became? I mean, remeber when Aizen tricked Toshiro into stabbing who he thought was Aizen but was really....Yeah, instead of me feeling let down because I character I never got into died, I was laughing my ass off because Aizen(the now main character to me) pulled the biggest "Fuck You" I've ever seen.
*sigh*They really should make Aizen the protagonist. The only "good guy" I like is Kenpachi and, well, can we really call him "good"?

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Lullabye said:
Haseo21 said:
And who would be the new main villian be if Aizen dies?
Ichigo.
_>
Think about it.
If I was him, I'd have had enough of everyones(especially Orihime's) bullshit.
Plus it's not like he's the most stable character in the series. It really doesn't take much for him to start going crazy.
Speaking of which im really getting pissed at this.

Soul society-"Oh well Ichigo isnt doing something right looks like he is evil now....we mean it this time.......just ignore the tons of bull-shit he did for us in the past."

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
The bleach anime is nothing but worthless shit right now, but the manga continues to interest me, so I'm happy with that for now.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Lullabye said:
... You are a fucking genius.

Shame that I can't do the same with Naruto. There's not a single person there I like except possibly Kakashi, but they'll never let him win.

And Tobi's plan is fucking retarded.

"FEAR MY POWERPOINT OF DOOM!"

But I digress..

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
Hubilub said:
Bleach = LOAD OF ASS

At least nowadays. You know how the plot used to be mysterious and cool?

Hmm, how about we claim that EVERY FRIKKIN' THING THAT HAPPENED WAS PLANED OUT BY THE VILLAIN!

Seriously, BLEACH is trying way hard to have a convoluted plot, and it's failing hard. The manga used to be so awesome, but now it's all angst and plot twists.

Seriously, how many times can you have a person use deus ex machina to win a fight? I recall a match that had the two people fighting shifting between Deus ex Machinas 5 TIMES!

Do you know how boring it is to have a bad guy that has been played out as a god? IT'S BORING! That's what made the ending to Shaman King suck ass! There wasn't a decent final battle, they just used the power of love to defeat the villain.

The ending to Bleach will suck and I hope the show dies
I hate to say It but this. I kind of knew it was going downhill when Ichigo was all "Hey I know that you people have worked hundreds of years to perfect swordsmanship and master your bankais and abilities but I can beat you all and I've only been doing it for a few months(?). Also now I can magically use bankai."

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Asturiel said:
At least it was bearable in the beginning.

First episode, BAM, really fucking awesome, one of the best openings to an anime show ever, superior art compared to manga, everything is great.

Then come the plot twists, the overused plot-point of Ichigo being defeated, growing more powerful, being defeated, growing more powerful.

At least in Dragonball they gave SOME explanation as to why they grew more powerful when they were nearly killed. Here it's just "Oh, did I mention you are even stronger now?"

And.. GAH! I can't stop complaining.

Why can't Bleach be as consistently good as One Piece?

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Hubilub said:
Lullabye said:

Shame that I can't do the same with Naruto. There's not a single person there I like except possibly Kakashi, but they'll never let him win.

But I digress..
Yeah, my favorite character died off in Naruto a loooong time ago. Poor Itatchi. at least kakashi isn't dead...yet(They killed him once, they'll do it again.)
And the whole 'moon eye' thing with retard tobi.
Speaking of which, what happened with Tobi? He used to be a dumb little terd, who as I recall, wasn't even part of Akatsuki and no one knew who he was, but then he turns out to be Madara who actually founded the damn group and no one asks any fucking questions. Not even a "Hey, weren't you supposed to be comic relief?" or something.
Ugh, I think I'm going to stop reading/watching it.
At least one piece hasn't fallen victim to the angsty stupidity that every anime seems to be falling to these days.

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
Some Japanese magazine did a interview with kubo, and he said that after the current arc is over there will be one filler arc and one full story arc. So I think it will continue for quite a while.

Hubilub said:
This I agree with, Bleach has so much promise but always falls short. One piece has yet to disappoint me.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
Hubilub said:

I feel like you just described, like, every fighty shounen manga ever.

I used to be super into the manga back in the day (I couldn't stand watching the anime; I don't think a single person on the animation team had ever seen an actual human being before) but I gave up during the Arrancar arc because I couldn't stand the increasingly drawn-out fights.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Lullabye said:
Hubilub said:
Lullabye said:

But I digress..
Yeah, my favorite character died off in Naruto a loooong time ago. Poor Itatchi. at least kakashi isn't dead...yet(They killed him once, they'll do it again.)
And the whole 'moon eye' thing with retard tobi.
Speaking of which, what happened with Tobi? He used to be a dumb little terd, who as I recall, wasn't even part of Akatsuki and no one knew who he was, but then he turns out to be Madara who actually founded the damn group and no one asks any fucking questions. Not even a "Hey, weren't you supposed to be comic relief?" or something.
Ugh, I think I'm going to stop reading/watching it.
At least one piece hasn't fallen victim to the angsty stupidity that every anime seems to be falling to these days.
I remember when Itachi and Sasuke fought...

"OMG THIS WILL BE AWESOME!"

*4 illusions later*

"Will you fight already?"

*Orochimaru comes out*

"What the, aren't you dead ye-

*Orochimaru dies*

".... What the hell was that good for?"

*Itachi dies*

"WHAAAAAT!?"

And that Tobi stunt was assy. I mean, it was fucking obvious that he was supposed to be Kakashi's childhood friend Obito, but since everyone called it, he was made into Madarame so that it would be shocking!

Bullcrap.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I think after Eizen it should just friggin end.

The series to be honest has gone on long enough and I'm only reading to see it through because I have already put quite a bit of time into it.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Xcelsior said:
Some Japanese magazine did a interview with kubo, and he said that after the current arc is over there will be one filler arc and one full story arc. So I think it will continue for quite a while.

Hubilub said:
This I agree with, Bleach has so much promise but always falls short. One piece has yet to disappoint me.
It did disappoint me a bit recently

Finally they save Ace, and they barely dedicate 1 chapter for that. Couldn't they at least have had an awesome bro-on-bro team-up against the marines for a couple of chapters before killing Ace off?

Although all was forgiven when
Whitebeard died. The No-cuts-on-his-tattoo almost made me cry manly tears

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
it has the same problem as naruto, it highlights some big decisive battle or whatever in the future, then it stretches the time till then by a ludicrous amount. then it turns out that that battle ended up not meaning that much and was only a prelogue to the next conflict. And then the cycle keeps repeating until the manga has more chapters than most books have pages (note i only read the manga as i cant stand the fact that the show is actually 75% filler)

I like mangas where the total length of the series is about 10 volumes as it turns out (ie Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Basilisk etc.) It seems to be the right length.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
if they get there heads out of their assess and cut the crap it will be an awesome show but all the damn filler just ruins it for me...

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I've only seen up to the end of season 3, loving what I'm seeing at the moment. Can't really say what I think the future holds for Bleach, seeing as I'm still technically in the past. All I do hope is that it keeps on going the way it has been. But it needs one thing....MORE YACHIRU!

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Lullabye said:
If I was him, I'd have had enough of everyones(especially Orihime's) bullshit.
Plus it's not like he's the most stable character in the series. It really doesn't take much for him to start going crazy.
Yes, but Orihime has boobs, big ones. You seem to forget this.
*Sarcasm switch turned off*
Koganesaga said:
Considering how much it is suffering from shounen syndrome I hope it crashes, burns, and causes a quantum collapse that erases it from out memories. Basically what I'm saying it it was good and fun, but when you figure out nobody important is allowed to die, then the series loses all fun and charm.
A lot of people die during the Anacar arc. Reason why nobody important died in the first one was.
That the soul society turned out to be good and good guys cant die...bad ones can!
Khitten said:
Filler - filler - filler - no one giving a fuck anymore - filler - filler - clear that the story has ended long ago but is just being kept alive by idiot 13 year olds - filler - filler - filler - creator committing seppuku in shame of what became of his series - now that the old mans out of the way, nothing but filler!
That comment was extremely, extremely, extremely appropriate for your avatar. Interesting.
Lullabye said:
Next chapter, try reading it as if Aizen is the main character, bent on world domination. you know, like a more serious version of Pinky and the Brain, or Invader Zim. When I started to read it like this you know how much better the manga became? I mean, remeber when Aizen tricked Toshiro into stabbing who he thought was Aizen but was really....Yeah, instead of me feeling let down because I character I never got into died, I was laughing my ass off because Aizen(the now main character to me) pulled the biggest "Fuck You" I've ever seen.
*sigh*They really should make Aizen the protagonist. The only "good guy" I like is Kenpachi and, well, can we really call him "good"?
My major question about that is why the fuck didn't Ichigo yell sooner? Or was he just very surprised that they were dicking around like that for so long that he froze...
Hubilub said:
Lullabye said:

But I digress..
I fear powerpoints, they're boring!!!

Also they couldn't even let him die, which disappointed me. Kakashi gets a second shot but Jiraya doesn't?
*Grumble Grumble*
Hubilub said:
At least it was bearable in the beginning.

First episode, BAM, really fucking awesome, one of the best openings to an anime show ever, superior art compared to manga, everything is great.

Then come the plot twists, the overused plot-point of Ichigo being defeated, growing more powerful, being defeated, growing more powerful.

At least in Dragonball they gave SOME explanation as to why they grew more powerful when they were nearly killed. Here it's just "Oh, did I mention you are even stronger now?"

And.. GAH! I can't stop complaining.

I'm speaking strictly from a manga perspective. Only time I watch the anime is during AMVs and cool moments I want to see how they did.

And I agree with you about the plot, its fairly bullshit, but after the soul society arc I saw the plot just ploop. And it did. But Aizens mind games are interesting, and once Urahara shows me his Bankai I will be sated with bleach forever!

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
Fraid I got sick of the terrible, terrible filler arcs a while back. Don't know if it's worth catching up, there are better things to do.

I really loved that first soul society arc :*( don't think it'll ever be as good as that again...

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Asturiel said:
His Bankai might be the only thing that can save Bleach.

That and they resurrect Ulquiorra... SO THEY CAN KILL HIM AGAIN!

I hate that bloody piece of fan-service.