The Game of Your Childhood

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm, I clearly forgot Lemmings... How could I? Now I have to play that game again on my Amiga 500 emulator...

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
super mario world. I played the original super mario bros first, but smw was my favorite and the one I played the most.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Commander 'fracking' Keen! jeez has it been so long?

The old click and pointers, Sam and Max, Indy and the fate of atlantis, DAY OF THE TENTACLE!

Things like Moonstone on the commadore 64 (or Amiga - I can't remember) have to be my earliest memories.

But X-wing and TIE Fighter have to take the ultimate prize...

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Knighty-boy said:
What game if any, is the game that most reminds you of your youth.

mine a toss up between Ace combat 3 electrosphere, Worms Armageddon or a bit later, Halo: Combat Evolved
either MGS2

or Rayman

or Jak and dexter

or the first Spiderman (i would go into race mode where you have to past through rings in the
across the open instead i would ignore and just swing around for ages)

Sep 8, 2008
the 2d sonic and zelda games, super mario 3, the early civilizations and for some reason warcraft 2.

Jul 23, 2008
Marble madness.

Just hearing the music for the first level again takes me back to sitting cross-legged far too close to the tiny TV in my living room.
I still have the game sitting on my shelf next to DVDs and CDs. but alas. My sega master system II is gone.

TLMG

Feb 2, 2009
Sonic, Street Fighter II.

Oh and a game where you play as a red dot. Never could remember the name, it was on Sega Megadrive.

EDIT: Did a bit of research and found out. It was Cool Spot. Probably the greatest game ever =P

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts and God of War series.
There not the first ones I played, but as I still am a child (or a teenager atleast), those games remind me of my childhood the most, and with them I have the fondest memories.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
All games from the orginal Nintendo system

The Castlevania trilogy
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventures of Link
The Untouchables
Batman
Metroid
Gauntlet
Top Gun

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Lessee...

Commander Keen definately gets a vote from me. I remember well that game.

Also, Cosmo's Cosmic adventure, Duke Nukem 1 (I remember being astounded by the graphics, in that when he turned, his gun was being held by the other side...) Operation Neptune.

And an extra special prop to Quest for Glory 3. I loved that game...

Erazor521

Dec 7, 2008
Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic SOnic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic Sonic and Crash Bandicoot too I guess.

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
Masters of Orion and Zork.

Those two remind me of why DOS was such a pain in the ass back in the day.

Knighty-boy

Oct 29, 2008
KeithA45 said:
Knighty-boy said:
What game if any, is the game that most reminds you of your youth.

mine a toss up between Ace combat 3 electrosphere, Worms Armageddon or a bit later, Halo: Combat Evolved
Wow, how old are you? Did you just start gaming in the last 7 years? Seriously, I mean no offense but I still think Halo is rather new to be in someone's "childhood gaming" category

I'd probably have to say games like G.I.Joe - Atlantis Factor for the NES, Tetris Attack for the SNES, or Kirby Superstar for the SNES all hold sentimental childhood memories for me. I also hand-held gamed alot more when I was younger, so games like Pokemon (Red, Blue and Yellow only) and any of the Kirby or Zelda (Link to the past especially) games for Gameboy/Gameboy Color also remind me of when I was younger.

And for the record I'm 19.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Megaman (NES and SNES)?!
Well halo is more later thats why i said "or a bit later halo: combat evolved" its mor ethe memroies ive had playing halo with my bros then the game itself

PrimeSynergy

Aug 24, 2008
Any early game on the N64 and a few random SNES and Turbo Grafix games. I honestly don't remember what the SNES and TG games were since I think I was too young to remember. Either that or my brothers didn't keep em around too long. I do remember playing Wave Race, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, and some other crap. Good times...