THE Game That Defined Your Childhood

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I guess It's gotta be Sonic 3. I spend hours of a day mastering the special stages and figuring out where everything was at aged 7. Back when there was no internet to tell me where to look... crickey...

Pokemon, Spyro, Crash, Final Fantasy, Mario and many many others had helping hands but Sonic cemented the deal. I just couldn't get bored of Sonic.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Riven.

I spent weeks with my dad to complete that game as a four year old, and I remember everything to this day. Definitely THE game of my childhood.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
Ape Escape, I spent months of time on that thing, I got 100% many times, then did the same on 2, 3 never quite enticed me in the same way though which I found somewhat depressing.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Karutomaru said:
Lionsfan said:
Banjo Kazooie, both 1 and 2. Those were the first 2 games I remember ever 100%ing, and investing time to finish the game
Ditto, except it took me years to finally beat the first game, and I moved on to the second before I was done.
This thread made me nostalgic so I dusted off my N64 to play Banjo-Kazooie again....only to find out I never 100%ed it. I only got 99 notes in Click Clock Woods, but never 100. Words can't describe how angry I was

/coolstorybro

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Well...to probably jump on a major bandwagon here, Pokemon Blue. It was the game that made me switch from "video games are stupid bleepy-light toys for ADD babies" to "OMG, video games are AWESOME".

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Terminate421 said:

I want them to remake this on the 360.....with XBL matchmaking
God yes. My friends and I would have a 5 minute ceasefire in the beginning of our matches and just collect weapons. Then a+b. Then chaos.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
Wingcommander 2, Final Fantasy 1, annnnnnnnnd I'll have to say Spacehulk! DEATHWING COMPANY!!! Drakken mixed with DOOM, and Aliens tossed in for good measure.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Hearing the music from "Sonic R" instantly transports me back to days of preschool, coloring books, and the absolute wonder that was running around a map playing tag as tails.

Hearing the Ending to Sonic the Hedgehog '91 as played by a orchestra made me cry tears of pure nostalgia. It was the most beautiful thing ever.

In fact, my childhood=Sonic.

BRB...gonna go look for the genesis and the saturn.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
You'll see it to your left; Final Fucking Fantasy VIII.
When I haven't played it for ages the pre-menu credits and the opening cinematic almost nostalgify me to tears. Is that normal? I don't know.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
Tetris, Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic Adventure (Fucking love that game), Ocarina of Time, and last but not least halo:ce. Say what you want about that franchise, but beating that game co op with my brother is one of my fondest memories

randomsix said:
Terminate421 said:

I want them to remake this on the 360.....with XBL matchmaking
God yes. My friends and I would have a 5 minute ceasefire in the beginning of our matches and just collect weapons. Then a+b. Then chaos.
One if the best games to play co op....EVER

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Jak and Daxter series and Croc.

Anyone remember that cute character? :D

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Sonic the Hedgehog and Goldeneye are the oldest games I remember playing but the first I ever owned and played through was LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK TO THE PAST :) that game helped to raise me. Also, gotta mention Pokemon.

Ha Final Fight was awesome too

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Childhood, easy Pokemon Red Version, I saved up for that FOREVER and finally ( with my folks tossing in $20 of birthday money) had enough to go to Costco buy the game the gameboy color and the strategy guide in a package deal for $100. Now a hundred dollars is alot of money. To a 3rd grader in the 90's $100.00 was more money that I had ever held or seen in my entire life, I felt like Bill Gates and I was gonna go spend my entire fortune on ONE GAME, THE GAME.

So yeah, that's why Red version is MY GAME, but I didn't officially become a "gamer" until Jr High when I played Diablo II.