The game that took your frustration virginity

Jun 11, 2008
Probotector or Megaman 2 or Super Mario Brothers it was one of those and forgive me I was 3 it is hard not to rage at Probotector when you get near the last boss and die due to a trap.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Mario Hoops 3-on-3

SOMEHOW, through the power of JESUS I managed to unlock the playable Black Mage character. THen I went and tried to unlock his alternate costume.

Through 4 teeth gritting, nail biting, beastial rage inducing stages did I have to basket a ball through to win the championship trophy. And THEN came the true final stage.

That was when Jesus abandoned me.

That was the day I literally threw my DS against the ceiling and proceeded to stomp the shit out of it for being so fucking evil as to allow a window to pure madness exist within itself. Somehow, the game itself survived my assault, so I chucked it into a ditch.

The odd thing is... I'm a very mellow guy. That was the only instance in my life where I just completely lost it. I mean REALLY lost it. Did I already mention the part about me stomping the shit out a DS I worked 5 weeks to pay for at the time? Proof that the DS, and Mario Hoops are the work of Cthulhu, an instrument to spread madness to the masses!

Jauffre

Sep 1, 2011
Pokemon Ruby, played all day from the 4th gym to the elite 4 w/o saving and then my battery died. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- just about sums it up.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
There are two I can think of:
Frogger Adventures for the PC (GODDAMN LAWNMOWERS!!!)
Super Ghouls n Ghosts for the SNES (I have since beaten this, so all is well).

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Toejam and Earle.

Constantly bumping into crazy scientist guys and being chased, escaping them to be eaten by a mutant mailbox.

That game irritated me to no end ... but I loved it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Two games come into my mind, Pokemon Pinball and Super Ghouls n Ghosts. I can never understand how I suppose to capture 151 Pokemon using only the flippers and the ball (I never understand the timing) and G n G was just plain too hard.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
P.N.03

Kudos to anyone who knows what this game is, and why it made me rage.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Lego Racers 2. This Ice Giant you had to race got a head start and I could not beat him for like a year. I think I cried when I actually beat him.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Call of Duty: World at War...

It was the first Call of Duty I ever tried to beat on Veteran...

This video explains nicely...

Sweet holy fuck I love Rage Quit. It sums it up so perfectly in a flustered mess of hatred and contempt.

OT: Pokemon Yellow. Fuck you Lance and your three Dragonites, just, fuck you.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Rikdyou said:
Gta 4........ i know its a very good game. But i was really tolerant with games until this one. Its just i sucked at it, and no mid-level checkpoints for some reason ppissed me off. Also i SUCKED at driving.
:( I <3 Gta 4 but it just pi***es me off.
I hear you man, the checkpoint annoyed the HELL out of me after the mid point of the game, i could get past the driving once i got used to it though

OT: Dont know if it was my first but its the one earliest i can remember: The original crash banicoute for the playstation one.. "Y U NO GO WER I SAY?!?!?!?!"

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
The very end of the first ever Spyro.
I gave that my fucking all, and no-one in my family could beat it.
Frustrating, and to this day i have never beaten it.
Plus i was like 6 at the time.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
UT2003. Then again I was playing with over 100 ping so it's to be expected :/

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
Call of Duty: World at War...

It was the first Call of Duty I ever tried to beat on Veteran...

This video explains nicely...

FUCKING GRENADES.

...that is all.

(yeah, COD: WAW, great game - frustrating as shit).

fryzee

Aug 26, 2011
halfeclipse said:
Super Mario Kart, for obvious reasons >_>. And it's still the same cheating bastard now as it was then.

RAGE!
HAHAHAHAHAH

So true.

Klagermeister said:
Super Ghouls n Ghosts for the SNES (I have since beaten this, so all is well).
Yeh, and ghosts n ghouls, that game is probably the most frustrating for myself, not only do you rage getting through the game the first time round, but then going through it again to beat the devil... RAGE.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Quite recent for me, I've never really got frustrated and raged at any game until the latest Bulletstorm DLC. One of the requirements on Ultimate Echoes is to do The Marina in under 2 minutes using only the pistol. I keep failing by 1 second. Probably doesn't help that I am quitting smoking and everything makes me tetchy at the moment.

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
Lego Racers, my god that game isn't fair, you had to know those tracks like the back of your hand, to even stand a chance.

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
Trying to fly a plane in a plane race in saints row 2....I litrally lack the ability to fly any form of aircraft which isnt a helecoptor. Same sitation meant i couldn't complete GTA san andreas. Think i must of had the part of the brain which gives ability to fly a plane removed at birth :(

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Sonic 2 is the first game I remember having (that I can remember the name of. I had a C64 beforehand, but I don't know what the games were called), and I remember trying really hard to beat some of the stages. Going back to it now I forgot how hard that game actually was.

The first game I can actually remember breaking my calm exterior and causing me to Hulk out was SWAT 4. That game can be so damn cheap some times and if you play it on anything above normal difficulty a single mistake can ruin the run.