The Game You Grew Up On

Skelatix

May 27, 2009
Kings Quest V... only got rest of them years later, and Mortal Kombat 2 on my old Sega Megadrive. Dug out my Sega couple weeks back and lost a entire weekend playing Sega games.

tasthesose

Mar 20, 2009
Mine would have to be Pools of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blades trilogy. I can still hear the sounds of the orcs dying from my first fireballs tossed on a Commodore 128 those long years ago. :)

tasthesose

Mar 20, 2009
Maileigh said:
I grew up watching my brothers play games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, and Wizards and Warriors. When I got a little older (around the time the Super Nintendo came out) I started my own escapades with Final Fantasy 4 and 6, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and the like. I got so good at RPGs that I was the first out of all my siblings (6 older brothers) to make it to the second disk of Final Fantasy 7.

Not the biggest accomplishment, but still. Out of all those I'd say that Final Fantasy 6 (3 at the time... stupid US numbering system) has got to be my all-time favorite game. It's my foundation block.
That was a close second to me. I borrowed my friend's SNES just to play that game, but it wasnt until I was 16 or so, and firmly set in my gamer ways already.

McGee

Mar 31, 2009
Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit. Two very badass oldschool 2D platformers.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Donkey Kong on the Gameboy. My brother got it for his birthday and I played it way more than him.

Following that, Pokemon.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
I started on games like Spyro and Crash bandicoot(when the games werent being shaken for sequels)
then i got intrested with The Legend of Zelda games which paved the way for my love of Medieval fantasy games where you go around with a sword hitting goblins and such, infact im downloading a 7-day-trial for Age of Conan right now.

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
Banjo-Kazooie. This game is the best 3D platforming will get, being both funny and challenging. I still have fond memories of it.

Gruthar

Mar 27, 2009
Christ I feel old. I grew up on a port of Space War! and Castle. The game that really got me hooked was actually the original Microsoft Flight Simulator. Then came classics like Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, and a whole slew of MPS Labs/MicroProse games.

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
I grew up in the golden age of Lucasarts, first with Monkey Island and Loom, then later with things like Full Throttle and ay od the Tentacle. there was also Doom, Commander Keen, X-Com

PieMaker

Oct 7, 2008
Covert Action was an amazing multi-facet game, taught me how to be a CIA agent, from field operations to cryptography. Of course i'm not in the CIA right now, but Stan Smith would vouch for me!

aRno

Jun 2, 2009
Test Drive I....
THE FIRST !
Gianna Sisters and all the stuff on the good old Commodore 64...
Fuck I'm feeling old....
Very old...

Operation Firestar got me the days back...
First game that scared the shit out of me...
Second one was Alone in the Dark I....

Then Mafia I was the game, that inspired me to get into the industry...
:)

God, I'm old...