The GOP's rampant legal attempts to Usurp Power After Biden Win.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

So, Iowa

Arizona

Georgia

Montana

Florida

Texas

Missouri

This from a party that had a group of people pretend to be state electors, Yet this political party targets people who look like me because somehow our existence is more of a problem.

Once is a mistake, twice is suspect, three times is a pattern of behavior, but I'm still not supposed to consider the Republican Party hostile to people who are of my race despite their concerted efforts to take away my voice... Because they don't like the accusations of what is literally the Law of the Lands that they control.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Sure is nice that these losers in my state have now made it so you have to get an affidavit with your birthday and drivers license number notarized to send in mail-in ballots.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

So, Iowa

Arizona

Georgia

Montana

Florida

Texas

Missouri

This from a party that had a group of people pretend to be state electors, Yet this political party targets people who look like me because somehow our existence is more of a problem.

Once is a mistake, twice is suspect, three times is a pattern of behavior, but I'm still not supposed to consider the Republican Party hostile to people who are of my race despite their concerted efforts to take away my voice... Because they don't like the accusations of what is literally the Law of the Lands that they control.

It makes sense in that the adherence towards truth and/or honesty is hardly a concern for republican politics. What matters are results. It has only rewarded them further power and wealth throughout history, so why stop now? I mean, your other post I just seen involved M. Taylor Greene: a well known batshit conspiracy pusher and lately a fawning qanon spreader, she won Georgia by a landslide on that bullshit (while her opponent sacrificed everything only to lose to the typical slurry of toxic lies) There is little hope in looking for truth in their rhetoric, though I do admire your optimism. Unfortunately, the few truthes there are are only weaponised to bolster the majority of untruthes and awful policies. It is important to keep calling it all out though, so definitely keep on keeping on raising the awareness!

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

So, Iowa

Arizona

Georgia

Montana

Florida

Texas

Missouri

As the lawyer representing Republican interests in a voting rights case during Supreme Court hearings recently admitted on camera, it's because they view voting as a zero sum game, and if they let more people vote, they will lose it. Fuck peoples' rights as long as they get to maintain power, I guess.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I find the irony in the right to vote being more dangerous than the right to bear arms a little funny, I guess.

Reactions: MrCalavera

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Really? So if one person newly gains the right to vote, another person loses theirs?
No. The people voting aren't the competitors in an election, the people being voted for are the competitors, and one candidate gaining a vote is the exact mathematical equivalent of the other losing a vote.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
No. The people voting aren't the competitors in an election, the people being voted for are the competitors, and one candidate gaining a vote is the exact mathematical equivalent of the other losing a vote.
not necessarily.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
They kind of are. Just indirectly, through a proxy.
actually, I think tstorm823 is correct on this narrow point. The competitors in a US election are quite distinct from the voters; the voters aren't really choosing the candidates in any real sense. Coalitions are coordinated by mass media, which also means the options are chosen by mass media (or a complex involving the mass media). And if the options are chosen by some mechanism other than voter will, it's most accurate to say that the options presented are the competitors (or the particular factions among the ruling class that the competitors represent) rather than the voters.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
It very literally is.
Way to skip over the second half of that sentence. You know, the part about Republicans denying citizens their constitutional rights to maintain power.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sigh... the Republicans are saying the quiet part out loud again.

“Democrats value as many people as possible voting, and they’re willing to risk fraud. Republicans are more concerned about fraud, so we don’t mind putting security measures in that won’t let everybody vote—but everybody shouldn’t be voting." (emphasis mine)

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sigh... the Republicans are saying the quiet part out loud again.

“Democrats value as many people as possible voting, and they’re willing to risk fraud. Republicans are more concerned about fraud, so we don’t mind putting security measures in that won’t let everybody vote—but everybody shouldn’t be voting." (emphasis mine)
Children, people who already voted, people who weren't going to vote but then Democrats showed up in a bus and drove them to the wrong precinct...

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Children, people who already voted, people who weren't going to vote but then Democrats showed up in a bus and drove them to the wrong precinct...
Are Republicans so completely incompetent that they're attempting to stop those groups from voting and instead preventing citizens from submitting legal ballots due to their implementation?

Or are Republicans (and you) simply lying about who is being targeted?

Either way, everyday Americans lose their constitutional rights so Republicans can maintain power...

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Are Republicans so completely incompetent that they're attempting to stop those groups from voting and instead actually stealing constitutional rights from citizens due to their legal implementation?

Or are Republicans (and you) simply lying about who is being targeted?

Either way, everyday Americans lose so Republicans can maintain power...
I am a Republican, you don't have to group me separately.

"So Republicans can maintain power" is effectively the same phrase as "so the Republican constituency can be represented."

And it is just your perception that it's a lie. Transparency and accountability are important in elections, the last two presidential elections should be evidence enough of that, and Democrats fight against that because they believe they gain electoral advantage in an opaque and unregulated system.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Here's a thought: Read the article. Because this guy went on to say:

"Not everybody wants to vote, and if someone is uninterested in voting, that probably means that they're totally uninformed on the issues. Quantity is important, but we have to look at the quality of votes, as well."

It's as plain as day: This person wants to keep people from voting if he feels their votes would be "low quality". How would you like it if your vote were restricted because someone felt you were "totally uninformed on the issues"?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's as plain as day: This person wants to keep people from voting if he feels their votes would be "low quality". How would you like it if your vote were restricted because someone felt you were "totally uninformed on the issues"?
In a certain sense, my vote is restricted. I have to decide to vote, or I don't get to. In Democratic dream world, they'd be allowed to drive out to their target demographics, open a ballot, hand them the pen, tell them who to vote for, and then submit the ballot for them, so that even people who didn't decide for themselves to vote would have their votes in for the Democrats. It's not difficult to vote. Every state has absentee voting if you can't make it to the ballots. The large majority of people not voting are those who don't care to. If having to want to vote is the restriction, that's pretty much the natural state of voting.