The Guardians of Light: Second Edition CHAPTER TWO- CLOSED, ACCEPTING CHARS FOR NEXT CHAPTER

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Deios, who had had his eyes closed and his brow furrowed with concentration for the majority of the journey suddenly opened his eyes, his pupils burning bright flame-orange, they soon faded back to their usual dull red and he turned his head, as if just noticing his surroundings.
"sorry about that silas, are we nearing avalon?," he said frustratedly as he began to move his stiff joints.

Deios was now wearing his crimson steel breastplate, his chest showing through the gap in the centre, and his rod which was clutched in his hand was shimmering slightly.

He sat out of his seat slightly and looked around briefly then re-seated himself and looked across at silas blankly.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Silas shifted his weight against the rail and turned. "Over six hundred plus years of history is hard to relate within an hour. My family goes way back, to the founding of the Guardians. They've been here and there, but only were really leaders late in their time. Eliza was the second Grey to be a High Master. My grandmother was, so is said, a pretty bad-ass sort so I assume the rest of my family was. Theres a ton of books about them, every bookstore carries them, though if you want more ask my mother...she retains more...or my brother wherever he is."

Silas tipped back to look out at Avalon "Been there once when I was four, don't remember much. Mom and Dad wanted me to visit.....what did they call you Damien? 'Uncle D'? It is nice there, lemme tell you but stay too long it starts getting into your head and you don't want to leave."

A shadow passed over the boat as a great huge dragon with silver scales swooped over them and then dove deep into the water. "Looks like Io is playing..." said Silas absently then turned to Deios "Whazzat, spitfire? Can't hear you over the sound of you mumbling." Silas always gave Deios a hard time but it was all in jest.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Dan was sitting on the floor of the boat, his hair, hanging in front of his face, preventing anyone from seeing him.
"Jesus...all you ever talk about is yourself..." He mumbled after hearing silas' speech.

He slowly climbed to his feet, but not bothering to wipe the hair out of his face. He walked over to the edge and leaned against it.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Deios shot silas a hard look then repeated himself a little louder.
He then realised he was still clutching his rod, he hastely stuffed it into his robes and continued to look at silas.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
"It'll be a few more minutes....hopefully the less sea-worthy among us will be alright." said Silas, yawning and stretching. "I can't shake the notion I forgot something..."

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Damien looked at Ivan. "Son of a traitor? Boy, Corruption of Blood laws died out even before I was born. I don't give a shit if your father was Vlad the Impaler and your mother was the devil herself, you are still one of the Guardians! I'm fucking sick of all the funeral services I have to give! I don't want to see another damn KIA! Another week and you would be presumed dead! No matter what, you are still one of us." He let go of Ivan, annoyed. He clasped his staff. "Oh, and don't even try drawing your sword. I was kicking ass for a decade before you were even conceived."

Damien sighed and removed the barrier, hearing Silas' questions. "In order, Avalon is the only portal to the Far Veil because it is the root of all magic. Reality is thin there, and so that is the only place where a portal can stabilize. Also, to all of you: No magic in Avalon. You can wake up the Sentries, and they will kick your ass into the Far Veil, sans portal. They're immortal, immune to magic, and made of stone that will regenerate as soon as you hack it off. They're situated around the World Tree so none may harm it. Let me put it this way: If all four High Masters attacked one with the help of all the Guardians in the world, my money would be on the Sentry. There are eight of them." He then answered the second question. "Uncle D? Never heard that before, but it's better than I was expecting. Hell, the only one I haven't outlived in your family was your grandmother, and she was old"

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
"347 was quite old indeed" said Silas "It is a shame much of my family history is either too boring to mention or forgotten. You remember my brother Dorian, don't you Damien?" Silas was looking out over the waves, Avalon was fast approaching.

Zetsubou

Sep 14, 2009
Habiev cleared his throat and spoke in a low baritone. "Damien, you seem to be the expert in these matters. What is it going to be like beyond the veil? Are we guaranteed that basic physics will even work in that abyss?" He looked around quickly at the other Guardians, "Not that I'm nervous or anything...."

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Damien laughed. "I gotta say, your grandma was one of the best agers I've seen in my life. I look like shit now, and I do everything I can to keep up with you youthful bastards. She didn't look a day over 30, and she didn't lift a finger to do it. Oh, how I miss dragon magic." His voice trailed off wistfully. He then snapped back to reality.

"I remember your brother screaming like a little girl who just saw her first lizard after I hoisted him up by the ankles and threatened to pitch him out the bleedin' window. Of course, he tried to put itching powder in my clothes, so the bastard got what he deserved." Damien chuckled. "Anyways... yeah, I faintly remember your brother. He always the sneaky sort, and always seemed to have a plan of his own for everything. He's also one of the best damn Fortunamancers I've seen in my entire damn life, having been able to elude even me."

Finally, Damien responded to Habiev's question. "Boy, I hafta say that I don't know. you can think of the Far Veil as made up of zones. Some of them are not unlike earth, physics works the same and all that, but some regions not even the devil herself can figure out what the hell is going on. I'll try to take us through most of the 'normal zones' whenever possible."

Damien thought for a moment and said, "And before anyone asks, yes, contrary to all popular fiction, the devil is a woman. She runs a nice bar too. A few too many Cubi for brats like you boys, but if we ever have to get info, she's one of the first people I would turn to. One of my fellow apprentices, Rowan, actually had her bless his ascension to the rank of Guardian!" He laughed.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Finally. We're almost there...
He turned to look at the others.
They don't shut up do they?
He sighed and sat back down. He closed his eyes and put his open hands on his knees. He was focusing on the auras around him.

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Zyphe had not said much during the whole trip, in fact, he couldn't say much. He had aged himself to be a dottering old man, and thats they way he stayed. He just sat there with a blank expression and a bit of drool on his lip. He went into this form everytime he wanted to think without much distractions. He was mentally preparing himself for the trip that loomed over him and his friends. With a wave of his fingers he began aging backwards, turning himself back into the young man with the bushy eyebrows."We almost there guys?" He asked.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Kin sat down next to Zyphe. "Looks like we are about ready to depart from the boat."
He began to gather his things. "So question..." He said in a curious tone. "...How old are you really?"

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Dan listened to Kin speak and chuckled slightly.
Again with the talking...
His hair was hanging in front of his face again.
I wonder what we'll go through on this journy. No one has spoken to me yet, so i'm surrounded by strangers. But I don't care. I'm not a chatty person and I know it...

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
"If I told you older than time itself would you believe me?" Zyphe said with a chuckle. He looked over at Kin and tried to determine his age.
"Well from the looks of it I am old enough to be your.. Great grandfather, maybe more, I have forgotten the exact number." He said with a monotone.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Dan couldn't contain his laughter. He let out a loud, deep, laugh.
He remained silent, and kept his hair in his face, but continued to chuckle.
I believe what i'm hearing. But what i'm hearing is so hilariouse...

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Deios stood and walked over to zyphe and dan, a stern look on his face, he stood on dan's right and looked down at him.
"What are you laughing about?" he queried with one eyebrow raised.
"This is no place for jokes, or is something else amusing you?"

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Dan didn't look up at the man beside him. He stopped chuckling.
"Is happieness not aloud in this world?" He said shortly.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Did i say the world? Just not on this mission, leave the man alone" he stated calmly

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Silas flipped a fob watch out of his pocket. "Chronometrons, gentlemen. Not going to get caught in any anti-time or time-stop fields in there, set your chronometron's time to half past three." and he wound the watch and put it back in his pocket. "Communicators open, don't want anyone going solo...and thats all I have for advice ask the High Priest for anything else."
Land was coming up the dock was a few feet away.