The Guild Wars 2 Flood Begins.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
For those of you interested, the Guild Wars 2 Press Beta has begun and the videos are already hitting Youtube, the game looks incredible polished and is more and more convincing that it will be well worth the price and the wait for it.

Guild Wars 2 Guru [http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/press-closed-beta-test-t27964.html] has a great compendium of other videos including, Emotes, Skill Overviews, World Vs World Gameplay and a myriad of other things. [2xDouble]

What do you guys think? If you were on the fence does this help tip you over the edge or have you already made up your mind about it and this just helps re-affirm that you'll be diving into this right away.

I hope to jump right into it myself.

targren

May 13, 2009
Neither. I'm still on the fence until some real concrete info comes out (I don't trust "press beta" reporting for the same reason I don't trust IGN reviews).

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
finally getting a breakdown of all the Mesmer skills =)

the portal isn't tied to the greatsword...but the greatsword is even more awesome than i expected!

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I've been waiting for this for a while, I just really hope it doesn't get pushed back.

One of the only games I'm excited for this year, cheers for the links.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I like the way when the characters talk in the Anime facing-talky cutscene style their arms shake gently, often making their hands accidentally clip into their armour.

It'll be interesting to see how this will affect the amount of people playing the Old Republic, or indeed, all other similar MMOs.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
This could potentially be the biggest dissapointment of the year or the best thing ever. If it does what it says its worth finally buying a new computer over, but I will wait and see before following it blindly.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
DazZ. said:
I've been waiting for this for a while, I just really hope it doesn't get pushed back.

One of the only games I'm excited for this year, cheers for the links.
Same, you can run around with a Flamethrower! What isn't grand about that? Plus just $60 and you're set. Hopefully in ArenaNet makes a shit load of money off of this it'll add another notch into the payment method of MMO's besides just Sub and F2P (which can be done horribly.)

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
I think I'm gonna stay on that fence for now. I guess I really can't give it anything until I get a chance to take it for a spin myself.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I liked Guild Wars so maybe I'll get this sometime, if I'm bored, still got some stuff to do in Lotro but it seems alright.

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
Never got into the first game but I might be picking this one up at the suggestions of friends. It's been a while since I have played an MMO

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
After getting burnt on the last 4 "new idea" MMOs to come out, I'm done. Until you can plug me into a tavern scenario in full VR? I'm spending my money on Assassins Creed games and shop tools.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
So stoked for this, I played the original GW for years, and even today I jump in for some quick PvP. I cant wait for this, and will be purchasing this without a doubt.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I can't say I'm on the fence as I'll have to buy the game simply because I dumped 8k hours into GW1, it'll be a sentimentality puchase regardless.

However, I am not all all enthused about some of the design decisions, primarly the high level cap and the crafting that seems to be a more dumbed down TF2 system. I also expect an economy that's in even worse shape than Guild Wars was.

But yeah, still buying, still playing, at least until I reach level 40 and get bored. Always seems to happen with the level 50+ MMOs.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Guild Wars is free to play right? Aside from the actual purchase of the game that is.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
well I was looking forward to trying GW2, but it looks like it's got the point-and-click combat that I don't like. (I was expecting something more action oriented, like Vindictus)

hopefully there's some kind of demo

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
anthony87 said:
Guild Wars is free to play right? Aside from the actual purchase of the game that is.
Correct, on top of that they have a good tack record with balancing, their store purchases have a very heavy lean towards cosmetics. Although with GW2 it may all change, only time will tell.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
What I don't understand is why people keep saying this game is so revolutionary. It just looks like a polished MMO that does things differently. This is hardly the next EverQuest, is it?