Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Sgt. Sykes said:
I'm a male and I have no idea what this joke is about. Can anyone help with explanation?
I *think* it might be that the quality of shoes in the store is related boredness of the significant other waiting. The better the shoes or sales in a store, the more time that is spent in the store, and the more bored/suicidal the guys waiting for the shopper are. I didn't get it at first either because when shoe shopping at a mall you can go to more than one store so the guy that is mildly bored could have simply been at his first store while the hanging man could have been at his 5th or 10th or whatever. And also style is subjective.

OT: Definitely not only true for females. Everybody hates shoe shopping with me, but it's just so damn hard to find something that I like that is also the right price. That's why I hate shopping in general.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
I'd laugh but myself and a mate were on holiday recently and he was getting souvenirs for his mum, sister and brother,4 hours...4 F*****G HOURS...after the 3rd there was serious contemplation of either throwing myself off the bridge or throwing him. Then the next day we had to still find something for his sister, another 2 and a half hours. The angel chorus after it was over had never been so beautiful...sniff.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Farther than stars said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I feel I should give at least a short explanation of my own. I disagree with you entirely because I believe that everything can be joked about, so long as it is done in a tasteful manner. I think putting restrictions on what can or cannot be included in humor is just downright silly, and I don't see my view on this changing anytime soon.

That is all.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
With regards to the whole suicide thing, that's just down to the societal belief that a woman's life, leaving aside any details that may influence otherwise(such as career, wealth etc), has more inherent value than a man's. As a result having a woman die in any fashion is considered 'worse' than having a man die. But this is really not the place for that discussion.

While I may not have a SO, I've been shopping often enough with my sisters and mother to know that shopping *sucks* and that whoever decided to put benches outside the stores has my undying adoration.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Helping a woman shop for shoes is the closest to limbo a man can get.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Zeetchmen said:
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.
Ok? Did you want something to happen? Pointing out that something is not fair that everyone knows won't do much you know.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
ZombieFanatic said:
Farther than stars said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I feel I should give at least a short explanation of my own. I disagree with you entirely because I believe that everything can be joked about, so long as it is done in a tasteful manner. I think putting restrictions on what can or cannot be included in humor is just downright silly, and I don't see my view on this changing anytime soon.

That is all.
Fair enough. But, just to be clear, this discussion wasn't about what "can't" be joked about, but what "shouldn't" be joked about.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
IamQ said:
Zeetchmen said:
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.
Ok? Did you want something to happen? Pointing out that something is not fair that everyone knows won't do much you know.
Oh, I don't know. I think the social consciousness can be quite influenced by rational debate. Besides, it seems too simple to say that everyone is evenly aware of gender stereotypes. And as a matter of fact, I don't think you should ever assume that anyone is aware of anything. After all, one thousand years ago, everyone 'knew' the sun revolved around the earth.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Maiev Shadowsong said:
One way pandering? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha.

Get back to me when women aren't sex objects.
This isn't Tumblr.

On topic: I fail to see how anyone can be excited by shoes, unless they've never worn a pair in their life. They don't really do anything interesting. It's like being excited to buy toilet roll or dinner plates or something.

taltamir

Mar 16, 2005
Zeetchmen said:

We need empirical evidence. To do that we need an experiment...
I think you just came up with the perfect comic for tomrrow

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
So I wanted to make a joke about the similarities of Peg Bundy and Erin's friend. THEN I REALIZED THAT HER NAME HASN'T BEEN MEANTIONED IN SO LONG THAT I'M NOT CERTAIN SHE'S NOT JUST ERIN'S HALLUCINATION OF THE END RESULT OF HER CUSTOM CHARACTERS FROM EVERY GAME WITH A CHARACTER EDITOR.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Shoe shopping with my ex, I had no problems with, Infact I found it an enjoyable experience. However, once we went into the perfume shops.... that's when I realized there is no god, just same-smelling perfumes with overly elaborate titles

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Desert Punk said:
scorptatious said:
Wow, shoe shopping looks very sole crushing.

I'm sorry.
You should be.

You need to be Punished.

Go sit in your corner until you know better.

OT: A pretty funny comic, and I know a few of those looks well.
He needs to get Punched.
We do Knot stand for shoe puns here.
He should get Booted from the forums.
Its like he gets a kick out of it.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Don't worry, Daystar just quoted penny arcade comic. Where they got that makes me wonder though.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10
I like that comic ans it's been a while since I've read it. I knew Daystar was quoting something but i couldn't remember what. Thanks for the reminder.

on topic: I found this comic funny and the people who are taking it too seriously need to lighten up.