The inspiration of your username

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
My username is what I came up with when trying to imagine what a Canadian Transformer would be like (or rather a Transformer that landed in Canada I guess). Incidentally he transforms into a snowmobile.
Would the Canadian equivalent of the Dinobots be a bunch of robot moose running around?
It'd probably be Canadian dinosaurs, like Albertosaurus or Edmontosaurus.

They'd look cool, but, you know, not nearly as cool as the american Dinobots, way too polite and fairly passive. But, they'd be less polarizing among the other transformers.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
the December King said:
Happyninja42 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
My username is what I came up with when trying to imagine what a Canadian Transformer would be like (or rather a Transformer that landed in Canada I guess). Incidentally he transforms into a snowmobile.
Would the Canadian equivalent of the Dinobots be a bunch of robot moose running around?

They'd look cool, but, you know, not nearly as cool as the american Dinobots, way too polite and fairly passive. But, they'd be less polarizing among the other transformers.
Have you SEEN a Canadian during a Hockey game?? Nothing polite or passive there.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Canadamus Prime said:
the December King said:
Happyninja42 said:
Canadamus Prime said:

Have you SEEN a Canadian during a Hockey game?? Nothing polite or passive there.
Oh, granted - you should have told me they were at a hockey game! Even worse if their robo-children are actually on the ice.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
pookie101 said:
slugger? SLUGGER???? its the m36 jackson !!!!

seriously though good choices.. ive always had a soft spot for the shermans and collected them all :D ah man i havent played in a long time and didnt know they moved the t18 and t82.. they were awesome fun
Look, I started playing WoT back when the Soviet T-28 Medium had the 85mm F-30 cannon that's now the top weapon on the Tier 5 version of the KV-1 Heavy Tank. Oh, and Matchmaking spread was wider too, back then. I don't think T4s saw T8s(unless they were Lights or Arty), but 4s definitely saw 7s back then. And the Type 59 could sometimes face Tier 5s that had effectively no chance of hurting it.

So I always knew the M36 Tank Destroyer as the Slugger. That's never changing.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
the December King said:
Canadamus Prime said:
the December King said:
Happyninja42 said:
Canadamus Prime said:

Oh, granted - you should have told me they were at a hockey game! Even worse if their robo-children are actually on the ice.
Oh if their robo-children are playing... that's a nightmare that'd have Satan himself screaming in terror.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
'Fiz' is a nickname that I got from a bar/restaurant that I used to frequent before it closed down. The one of the bartenders and bar manager were pretty chill, and the bar manager had quirky ways of remembering people's drinks. So, he came up with a saying for mine and it involved the word 'Fiz', so that was my nickname at the bar.

I miss that place. :/

And 'toaster' due to an inside joke with a few friends, and a certain shitty Silent Hill game.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
'Fiz' is a nickname that I got from a bar/restaurant that I used to frequent before it closed down. The one of the bartenders and bar manager were pretty chill, and the bar manager had quirky ways of remembering people's drinks. So, he came up with a saying for mine and it involved the word 'Fiz', so that was my nickname at the bar.

And 'toaster' due to an inside joke with a few friends, and a certain shitty Silent Hill game.
I just Mandella effected...I always read it as "Fitz", like Fitzgerald.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

And my brain immediately assumed "Ella Fitzgerald".

I'm pretty okay with that jump in silly brain fuckery.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Saelune said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Middle school hubris, and laziness were my inspirations.

I was on a philosophy kick in middle school over 20 years ago. I remember proudly embracing the "profound" idea that I should be open to ideas and information, even if it's not information I want to be true, something most of us consider common sense nowadays.

Anyway, it was then that I started using "Sageoftruth" as my screenname in everything. My father saw it on my screen and expressed his approval, which made me grow even more attached to it.

Since then, over the years, the name just grew on me, and it seemed like too much trouble to change to something new. I often worry that it makes me sound smug, but this screenname and I have too much history together.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Back in Highschool me and my two buddies played a LOT of Call of Duty 4. We had a couple competetive matches but mostly just had our little clan and played for fun. We decided to coordinate our Gamer Tags so we all made them Chinese restaurants in our hometown. JUMBO PALACE is me of course, plus Magic Wok and Big Wing Wah. Good times. Now even though I've lost touch with them and haven't kept up with COD in years it just kind of stuck and is my go-to username for stuff.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Azure-Supernova it has been, since the early times. Way back when GameSpot was in its prime and Unions existed. Azure was my go-to colour of choice and I was fascinated with Supernovas, so there you go. Relatively boring, but it's on everything in one way or another!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
American Tanker said:
I used to play a lot of World of Tanks. Not going into details, but I figure I made the game free for a lot of people.

My favorite tank lines, in general, were the Americans. Turreted Tank Destroyers like the Wolverine, Slugger, M8A1, Hellcat, etc. etc.? Fast but durable Heavy Tanks like the T1HT and M6? Well-rounded Medium Tanks like the M4 Sherman, Ram II, M26 Pershing, etc. etc.? Awesome low-tier tanks like the M3 Stuart, T18, T82(now both moved to the fucking Artillery line, god dammit), T1 Cunningham, M22 Locust, etc. etc.? And all that wicked gun depression for hill fighting? HELL YEAH!

Of course, there were several other tanks from other lines that I enjoyed as well, most notably the Soviet T-34-85 and KV-13 Medium Tanks and BT series and T-46 Light Tanks, the French FCM 50t Premium Heavy Tank, the German Panzer III Medium Tank, the British Cruiser Mk.III line of Light and Medium Tanks(practically my second favorite line behind the Americans) and the Japanese Medium Tanks(the Type 2597 Chi-Ha at Tier 3 is a fucking beast with its 47mm death cannon).
Ah, and this whole time I thought you meant "Tanker" as in "trucker who carries gas, or other fluids that must be stored in a tank canister. I guess putting "American" at the beginning just made me think "Trucker" for some reason.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
When I was a musician there was this open mic night at this one place where all the regulars started to use fake names for lols.

I was playing one night and my drunk buddy started yelling "Raven Bird of Mystery!" over and over and it stuck.

That was a reference to before Halloween when we were looking in a Halloween store (in LA and a lot of the big cities on the west coast Halloween is parties from the weekend before to the weekend after into Day of the Dead. It's a huge party time if you're in your 20's) and there was a parrot that was labeled "Parrot" and it could sit on your shoulder.
But next to it was "Raven Bird of Mystery" which gave us stupid lols for no good reason.

It became and inside joke and later my nickname. So, Ravenbom.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I got into experimental electronic music early the ?90s, so there?s the ?experimental? aspect. Later that life, my math teacher mentioned ?X prime? and I liked the way it sounded, so it stuck with me (unlike the rest of algebra.) Later-er that same life, I was gifted my first PC in ?98 and needed a username for Yahoo, so I mushed ?X prime? and ?experimental? together, got creative with the spelling, and ?Xprimentyl? was born; it?s pronounced ?x-pri-men-til?.

And fun fact, when Halo introduced the 4-digit/alpha call signs for multiplayer, mine was ?X2D1,? or ?X to the first.?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Wintermute said:
It's from Neuromancer, a book that should have its own movie by now.
I'm not sure how well it would translate, because a lot of Gibson's attraction (for me) is his odd use of words that shouldn't paint a picture but do. Though Johnny Mnemonic has a certain place in my heart. Not a massive one, granted, but I still watch it if it's on.

Ygrez

Oct 6, 2009
My username is a reversal of my usual one (Zergy) since it was already taken when I joined escapist.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Saelune said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Honestly, if I were to catch that I would not complain.

I mean, who wouldn't want to have more soul in their life?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I used to take the names of characters and towns from the Final Fantasy series and use them for naming my computer, hard drives partitions and account names. After using CaitSeith from Final Fantasy VII I liked it and it kinda stuck with me.

*voice: But that is Cait Sith...

TYPO!