The inspiration of your username

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
American Tanker said:
pookie101 said:
slugger? SLUGGER???? its the m36 jackson !!!!

seriously though good choices.. ive always had a soft spot for the shermans and collected them all :D ah man i havent played in a long time and didnt know they moved the t18 and t82.. they were awesome fun
Look, I started playing WoT back when the Soviet T-28 Medium had the 85mm F-30 cannon that's now the top weapon on the Tier 5 version of the KV-1 Heavy Tank. Oh, and Matchmaking spread was wider too, back then. I don't think T4s saw T8s(unless they were Lights or Arty), but 4s definitely saw 7s back then. And the Type 59 could sometimes face Tier 5s that had effectively no chance of hurting it.

So I always knew the M36 Tank Destroyer as the Slugger. That's never changing.
i miss the 85mm on that.. my favourite vehicle was the su-85 with the 107mm.. that and the 75mm on the M5 stuart

i will say you have excellent choice in tanks :)

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I had a variety of nicknames at school. Most were centred around me being shit personified or looking like a murderer (grogeans, kamikaze, killer etc. I was also called Ogre)

I was a footballer and due to this, apparently I had thick legs. The other students thought they were like tree trunk so that another name I was called trunkage. Its the only nickname I every liked. I keep it as a reminder that if I got through school I can get through anything

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Mine came from two things I love. Magic, and video games. I love magic in stories, (The mystic kind, not the Vegas kind) and I'm a gamer, so I liked it. Also, the idea of a Mage with the ability to conjure items or use powers from videogames or just fiction as a whole I think is a cool mental image and concept.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Zydrate said:
Zydrate comes in a little glass vial.
It also comes from a moderately obscure movie, Repo! The Genetic Opera, which sort of laid the groundwork for the higher budget movie "Repo Men".
Has some good music, even though I've heard some skeevy things about the main writer Terrance Zdunich.
repo the genetic opera is one of my favourite films of all time.. good choice :D

its your fault i now own a copy of it :p

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I like Gryphons and I was suffering an existential crisis.

Said crisis continues to this day.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I've had a love of dark elves ever since playing Curse of the Azure Bonds as a child. They were typically the first major enemies you faced (besides the thieves' guild, but they were chumps), they were very tough without feeling unfair, they had the best equipment in the game (and my first experiences with save file manipulation were loading my parties with drow equipment that wouldn't crumple in the sun), and some of them were even situational allies. My very first internet handle was even directly from one of the major dark elf enemy types.

So naturally, when I started doing actual tabletop D&D, my first character was a drow rogue/wizard. And she was Neutral-aligned. Nothing more to it than that (she had an actual name, but I've never used it online; it's a recurring name for my RPG characters, though).

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Way back I wanted to join a FF message board and I wanted a dragon name, but different from all the many users that had some sort of Bahamut in their name. Then I saw/beat Tiamat in FF8, thought the name sounded cool plus seemed unique enough, and stuck with it ever since. Funny thing is my friends and I started DnD a few years ago and the first major boss we faced was a giant 5 headed dragon named..Tiamat. Apparently she's been a huge deal for quite a now, which was a big surprise to me since in FF8 she was only a mini-boss and I can't remember them ever reusing the name. So what I thought was just a minor dragon was actually a major powerhouse in another game. (Also never knew it was the dragon was female, that was another neat little tidbit) It's great when life gives out random surprises like this that just puts a smile on my face. :)

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Well, I ran through a few gaming handles when I started cutting my teeth on Soldier of Fortune LAN deathmatches and honestly the names sucked: they had all the retarded hallmarks you're imagining but as I got older I rediscovered Thomas the Tank Engine who is a long held traditional kids show. Aside from marveling at the insane model and miniature's work - fucking seriously the first few seasons of this has some amazing effects - I found I still really liked Gordon: sure he's a pompous blowhard but for a long time his attitude was informed by the genuine fact that he was the biggest, baddest, strongest train on Sodor.

That and I find that old steam locomotives like Gordon have a really cool look that I dig.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
I actually derived mine from the ASOIAF books, way before Game of Thrones was a thing. Something about the moniker "Bastard of Bolton" stuck in my brain, and some people were calling me a bastard one night playing TF2 and I changed my Steam handle to "Bastard of Melbourne." One other option was "The Mountain That Rides (Payloads)", but that was too long to be practical.

It's ironic, because I hate Ramsay Bolton as a character. Very two-dimensional. Like, he existed just to be hated. Maybe there's a self-deprecatory joke in there; I don't know.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ladd

I was stuck for a username shortly upon getting the internet back in 1998-99 and tried to input 'Rad' in to some website, after thinking of final fantasy tactics, where he had the name 'Rad'. It was taken, so it threw in the same three characters again in a random order. And then it sorta stuck.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Samuel L. Jackson's character in Formula 51 and I share the first name. His last name is cooler than mine, and so I'm borrowing it.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Gethsemani is the garden in Jerusalem where Jesus disciples slept the night before the crucifixion. It is also a Greek women's name and I like how it rolls off the tongue. I suppose that after 12 years I should be out of my edgy religious reference phase, but I still like the nick and it goes well with my madonna avatar.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Well, me and my friend always called eachother by Padfoot and Prongs. I am Padfoot. Also wolves are my favourite animals. So Padwolf was born! It is now pretty much my username for everything

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
(Points to Avatar) that there is Fuu Hououji from Magic Knight Rayearth.

She's a Magic Knight, and her magic powers are all Wind based/theme. [footnote] though aside from attack spells, she has healing, barriers and a binding spell, which arguably falls under Earth, and she her colour scheme is predominately green gold/yellow and white so you could argue she's both [/footnote]

kitsunefather

Verbose and Meandering
Nov 29, 2010
I took this account name most places after my son was born, as Kitsune is his middle name.

He has this middle name for several reasons; my wife's family has a tradition of geeky or nerdy middle names, I wanted something mythological and kind of trickstery (and Loki is too easy), and our best friend considers him 10% hers and she's half japanese/half italian (and he was conceived while we were staying with her).

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Guilion said:
I was very into graphic design (Particularly animation) in my teenage years, I probably heard GUI a thousand times in that period of time.

Somewhere along the line I started calling myself GUI-lion and eventually I just removed the hyphen.
Huh...I guess then pronouncing it as "Gweleon" is wrong then?