The Jiggly Problem

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
My personal problem with the whole tit debate and why I would get upset if I caught a guy oggling is that...I shouldn't have to have them stared at. I'm personally of the belief that there is no difference between a man's chest and a woman's chest except one is usually fatter...hopefully the woman's, but hey we can't all be happy with our cup size.

Now I'm a very introverted person so I doubt I would EVER do so, but I think if I want the option to go without my shirt, I should have it, just like men do. If I have to look at man boobs or extremely tight pectorals without batting an eye and being able to maintain eye contact, then guys should be able to do the same. But even if some magical law came into being that said I could bear my breasts wherever I wanted, I wouldn't be able to.

Because my chest HAS to be sexualized! Or at least that's how it can sometimes feel and I don't appreciate that. I can look at an in-shape man's pecs think "oh he has really nice pecs, that's sexy. Wonder if he likes video games and if he's got a girlfriend" and go on about my day. A guy looks at my tits and that's...it. They're not thinking about what my interests are, they're not wondering if I have anything to do that weekend so maybe they can spend time with me, they're sizing up my breats and what that means for them sexually and that's ALL that seems to matter. If they're not big enough, they're not attractive enough, if they're saggy, then you need a tit job to be more attractive, if you're overweight, like me, then it's too bad cause she has rockin' tits. In the end it wears on me that my tits matter more than that I have really pretty eyes and I kick ass on the xbox and I can be really funny and I can't stand romance movies.

Now I'm not saying ALL looking is bad or that ALL guys are like that, but that outright oggling is. It's a bit of a boost to the ego to know someone DID look for both men and women. But it's when they leer and stare and don't stop that it's creepy and demoralizing, if you're just looking for a cheap thrill and not interested in me, that's fine, but if you're not gonna even give a shit enough to ask my name I shouldn't just let you stare at my tits like that's all I'm good for. And when it's the 100th guy that's looked at your tits before your face....well then you start to get a little pissed off and so you start trying to defend your breasts from the leecherous looks.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
Gerishnakov said:
How can you possibly like her body? It's so utterly unreal.
Its not that bad.

Particularly compared to some other characters in existence.
"It's not that bad" is not a phrase one should use when referring to women they find attractive.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Gerishnakov said:
Paragon Fury said:
Gerishnakov said:
How can you possibly like her body? It's so utterly unreal.
Its not that bad.

Particularly compared to some other characters in existence.
"It's not that bad" is not a phrase one should use when referring to women they find attractive.
I don't see why people get so up in arms about it. Yes, its an anime character. Yes, she is attractive. Yes, I like her.

Problem?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Paragon Fury said:
Yeah I have social issues, particularly with women. So?

I'm sorry. I had to.

I think to be honest you're over-thinking this.
If you're not embarressed to be looking at a character with big tits, you shouldn't care.
And as for images of real women, thats kind of different. Sexualisation of real women is everywhere, if women got offended every time they saw it we'd have no time in the day for anything else.
Also, seeing guys get all hot-and-bothered over pixels is just funny.

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
I honestly don't really think that breasts should be much of an issue. Guys are supposed to be attracted to a woman's body just as much as a woman should be attracted to a man's body. There really isn't any harm in looking, but when you start to gawk and get 'pervy' with it is when there's a problem. Women have checked me out as much as I've checked them out and so long as they don't start objectifying me, groping my ass/crotch, or make overly-sexual advances on me, I don't have much of a problem with a girl looking at my ass.

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
Here's how much of a man-child I am: I see "The Jiggly Problem" and think of Jigglypuff.

But you're right, somewhat, there is a curiosity surrounding the big mounds of flesh and fat on the chest of a woman.
I recall a time when I was but a mere freshman in high school. I'm walking down the hall one day, when I'm suddenly blind-sided by a well-endowed pair. Emphasis on the "blind." This particular pair was half-exposed, covered in glitter, and moved with just a bit of jiggle.
It's scientifically proven that the three things that most attract any person's gaze are: large objects, shiny objects, and moving objects. The pair in question exhibited all three properties.
ANYWAY, I notice the pair, because I couldn't not notice. She noticed that I noticed, and gave me a face. Gentlemen, I think we all know that a face can be just as insulting and infuriating as someone saying something, often even moreso. All I said was, "You have shiny shit on your cleavage. Why would you do that if you didn't want people to look?" Then I walked away very quickly, as I was deathly afraid that she would throw a hissy-fit.

Okay, that's only half-true. I noticed the pair, which was indeed large, exposed, and glittery. She didn't notice me noticing, but it really got me thinking about the thought process of, "I'm going to show off my boobs, but I don't want guys to really look at them," that a disconcerting number of ladies seem to have.

Now, with all that said: Why would women be alright with guys noticing legs, but getting all in a tizzy when we notice the breasts? Well, I almost had an explanation, but then I realized it was kinda dumb. I'll be honest, I've got nothing for this one.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Mafoobula said:
Here's how much of a man-child I am: I see "The Jiggly Problem" and think of Jigglypuff.

But you're right, somewhat, there is a curiosity surrounding the big mounds of flesh and fat on the chest of a woman.
I recall a time when I was but a mere freshman in high school. I'm walking down the hall one day, when I'm suddenly blind-sided by a well-endowed pair. Emphasis on the "blind." This particular pair was half-exposed, covered in glitter, and moved with just a bit of jiggle.
It's scientifically proven that the three things that most attract any person's gaze are: large objects, shiny objects, and moving objects. The pair in question exhibited all three properties.
ANYWAY, I notice the pair, because I couldn't not notice. She noticed that I noticed, and gave me a face. Gentlemen, I think we all know that a face can be just as insulting and infuriating as someone saying something, often even moreso. All I said was, "You have shiny shit on your cleavage. Why would you do that if you didn't want people to look?" Then I walked away very quickly, as I was deathly afraid that she would throw a hissy-fit.

Okay, that's only half-true. I noticed the pair, which was indeed large, exposed, and glittery. She didn't notice me noticing, but it really got me thinking about the thought process of, "I'm going to show off my boobs, but I don't want guys to really look at them," that a disconcerting number of ladies seem to have.

Now, with all that said: Why would women be alright with guys noticing legs, but getting all in a tizzy when we notice the breasts? Well, I almost han explanation, but then I realized it was kinda dumb. I'll be honest, I've got nothing for this one.
I love when guys make up situations in which women were bitches to them in order to complain how women are bitches. :p

Basically, boobs are so sexualised it can feel weird with people always looking. Also, it feels nice for some guys to look, but not all guys. Creepy guy who smells like shit on the bus is not who I get dressed up for. I can't stop people looking, but they can't stop me not liking it if I dont like it.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I dunno, that is a pretty retarded-looking picture you were looking at. She may have been reacting a bit to the clownishly bad character design, in which the focus on her tits isn't exactly helping.

I mean, that's not even a real person. Someone decided to make her look like that.