The Last Game You Finished

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas...

... for the fourth time.

Edit: Never mind, replaying not allowed... hmm... probably Syndicate, then.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
That would be Dragon Age: Origins on my part. funny story on that;

I gave up on my first playthrough right at the final battle with the Archdemon, I was a Human Noble Warrior engaging the Archdemon with Loghain, Zevran, and Wynne on my side, we fought the Archdemon and things went reasonably well (though I had to use health poultices slioghtly more often than usual).

BUT THEN, the Archdemon flew away like a coward to that one part of the rooftop that had a big gap in it that kept me from getting to him in melee range, not helped by the fact several Darkspawn Zerg-Rushed my allies, forcing me to use a balista provided to continue attacking the Archdemon, and when he finally flew to where I could walk up to him and slash at him some more, only for my allies to be knocked down, any troops I call to my aid barely doing anything to help, and I end up running out of health poutices and killed by either the Archdemon or the Darkspawn backing him up before I could finish cutting down the last of his health.

So I decided to start over as a Circle Elf Mage, and this time I took more time building up XP, resources, and poutices, and when I did get to fighting the Archdemon, things were much easier as not only did I bring Wynne, Lelianna, and Sten. but I had the Inferno spell for when the Archdemon makes himself melee-proof by flying to that one spot.

Sure enough, I killed the Archdemon and got myself a fairly good ending as my reward.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Prototype 2.

I quite enjoyed the game, and the ending was alright too. I was more happy I finished the story and was at my (partially) maximum potential for free-roam now. The game's dark humor was pretty refreshing (The first Prototype had little to none of humor.) and it actually made me laugh out loud a few times, something that doesn't happen too often to me.

Especially Heller's taunt near the end of the game. One that has 'skull' and 'fuck' in the same sentence. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well there's The Last Story.

Great game. This game and Xenoblade Chronicles are probably two of the best JRPG's out for the Wii.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Just finished FFVII again a couple days ago.
On this playthrough I managed to finally put two and two together and figured out that it's not Sephiroth that you're chasing around the world, it's Jenova. Suddenly these two scenes

[sub][sub][sub]Heh, that typo never gets old[/sub][/sub][/sub]

as well as a lot of the plot, makes a whole lot more sense.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Spec Ops: The Line, I just finished it a few days ago.
So far, it's my Game of the Year. While I know that they're on the opposite ends of the game spectrum, I can't think of any game that has filled me with such unyielding dread since Silent Hill 2.
While making a player feel bad about something the game asked you to do is a hard thing, Spec Ops does it right. Even if you don't think about as a deconstruction of modern war games and a jab at the player themselves, it's still a long, well crafted and almost classical plot about a man who wanted to be a hero, and in the process, became a monster.

slackboy72

Jun 12, 2008
Berenzen said:
On this playthrough I managed to finally put two and two together and figured out that it's not Sephiroth that you're chasing around the world, it's Jenova. Suddenly these two scenes

Yeah I think you may be wrong on your spoiler but it's an interesting idea.

http://au.faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
I honestly can't remember. In the only games that seem worth finishing anymore, I seem to get distracted with side quests and don't end up beating the thing, because I'll remember another sandbox-type game that I haven't finished and play that for awhile. I guess it might be Oblivion. I finally finished that about 3-4 months before Skyrim came out.

D-Soul

Sep 5, 2012
If we are talking about recently beaten games for me its Bayonetta(finished it Labor day) and Jubelius was an absolute pain to beat thanks to the camera

in the last few months.

Super Robot Wars J
Parasite Eve
God of War C.O.O
God of War: G.O.S
Prototype

yea I been playing a lot of old games.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Just finished up my Mystic Knight on Dragon's Dogma.

That class is weird. Goes from being nigh useless, to damn near the most OP thing in the game.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
slackboy72 said:
Berenzen said:

Yeah I think you may be wrong on your spoiler but it's an interesting idea.

http://au.faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html
No, logically it makes sense.

Then it jumps straight to the Jenova*DEATH death, instead of every other point that you fight Jenova- where 'Sephiroth' throws a piece of it at you. Once you beat it, the black materia is on the ground.

Then Tifa says, after a little bit more exposition

This is literal. Taking a look at what happened:

1}'Sephiroth' attacked the party there, and it wasn't referring to itself in the first tense. Earlier on in the game we know that he did refer to himself in the first tense.

2) Cloud & co. defeated it.

3) Once defeated, it disappeared, and the Black Materia fell to the ground.

Put two and two together to get the idea: The person that the party has been chasing has never been Sephiroth.

Need further proof? Here's exposition from Ilfana, who describes Jenova as

this means that Jenova, and it's pieces, can take the shape of any being that it wants to.

Everything ties together. Despite all of Sephiroth's powers, he doesn't have the ability to transpose himself as an image. He stuck in materia at the center of the Northern Crater. What he can do however, is control Jenova because he himself has a whole bunch of it's cells in his body. So yeah, it's a plot twist that nobody really gets that solves a whole bunch of plot holes in the earlier plot.

Also, it means that Jenova, not Sephiroth, killed Aerith.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
krazykidd said:
canadamus_prime said:
krazykidd said:
Gah I can't remember , especially since it excludes the games i replayed ... Ummm ... Oh yeah! dragon quest 8 . The ending and epilogue was great , very satisfying.
Did you get the second ending?
There's a second ending? Well fuck a duck. Guess i gotta go back to that game then . Without spoiling it , is it worth it? Like does that ending leave you satisfied?
Well I think it is. Esp. considering during the quest to achieve it you find out the origin of the hero.

krodux

Jul 15, 2012
Homefront. Played the campaign in one sitting, took about 7 hours on normal difficulty.

maswell

Aug 6, 2010
Diablo 3. At least on normal. I'm still working towards 60. Man I don't play games as much as I used to.

Teacakes

Sep 5, 2012
I just completed Home, which is on sale on Steam at the moment, I believe. I still don't understand it and will be trying for a different ending in the hopes that it will have a plot that isn't "man kills wife and gets amnesia and is left to explore the ruins he created."

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Alan Wake. Fun (If not actually all that creepy) story, beautiful graphics, great music. Heard Space Oddity for the first time in ten years and was happy.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
It was the first MGS. Im playing through the whole series in anticipation of MGS5.