The last Game you Over Hyped about ?

burninjack4l

Aug 15, 2008
I found myself way WAY too excited over Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II.
This was a great game, but not to the extent I got hyped for.
I expected this game to be a lot more like the original Dawn of war, for those who have played it can understand what that really entitles, being that it's for the most part a rather unique game... And I got even more excited since they were introducing a lot of what made another RTS, Company of Heroes, so exciting. However, to cut this down from a full review, to just me being slightly disappointed... I expected Dawn of War II to be a game that could fill my time for months, up until Starcraft II came out... Yeah, I beat the campaign in two days, then again on hardest with a friend of mine less than a week later. I played on Windows Live (gag) in Multiplayer up until Rank 10, and found myself growing tired of it. Best 50 dollars I've ever spent? No.

psyko1

Mar 20, 2009
Sims 3. Still excited but beginning to think June will come and it will be delayed again...
I enjoy the building houses and stuff. Not to mention just plain torturing sims is fun.
Though my current excited passion is really the nvision 3d. Picking it up in 9 days! WOOHOO! 3d on my games! I've seen the demo setups at ncix and wow, sweet. Can't wait to bring Left 4 Dead out of the box. Not to mention running around Middle Earth in 3d!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Empire: Total War. I get geeked whenever a new Total War game drops, mostly because it's my all-time favorite series. Of course, as a PC gamer I should know better than to buy games at launch, as Empire now sits largely idle waiting to be patched to a state worthy of the series.

Aslyum Beast

Jan 25, 2009
Street Fighter IV. I flipped my lid when i heard it was coming out. I planned many months and days in advanced to get it. I had played almost every released version of Street fighter II, Street Fighter III, and even the infamous Street fighter 3D. Most people never realized how much i was In love with fighting games because when they saw me on XBL before Soul Calibur 4, i would be playing Halo 3 or GOW. A few months before the game came out, I became skeptical and thought it may not be worth it, but then when i watched a video confirming Cammy in the game, I had to get it. I came their everyday to gamestop that week to see if it came in. I even skipped my first day of the year on release day.

Penguinishka

Mar 19, 2009
Goodness that hasn't happened for a while. I guess it would have to be FF XII. I remained excited despite still not having finished it and restarting it once or twice.
But that was years ago when I was young and foolish.

Trifer420

Mar 20, 2009
Age of Conan, my friend got me all hyped up about it, then I couldn't wait for it to come out. Then the rest is just consisted of many regrets.

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. And boy was I disappointed.

I'm hoping CoR: Assault on Dark Athena turns out to be good or I'll have to add that to the list.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
I was really excited about Mirror's Edge because of the promotional videos and art, then I watched Yahtzee's review.

Never again will I let myself get excited about an unreleased game.

burninjack4l

Aug 15, 2008
Trifer420 said:
Age of Conan, my friend got me all hyped up about it, then I couldn't wait for it to come out. Then the rest is just consisted of many regrets.
Good, f***ing, god.
I bought that the day it came out
Was SO excited...
Then, yeah, my god.
I just, I can't agree with you any harder on that one.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Falien said:
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - pure bliss.
I played MP1 after it had been out for a couple years, and MP2 was already out, so after I finished 1, I immediately went to 2 and loved both.

Waiting for Metroid Prime 3, however, was an exercise in anxiety, even though I didn't even own any Nintendo consoles. When MP3 finally came out, I was sooooo excited to play it, especially since I was getting a free copy for reviewing purposes. It basically held up to my overhype, ESPECIALLY the first Ridley battle. Holy shit. :D

Hindesite

Apr 7, 2009
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Yup, me too.

TKgasmic

Nov 26, 2008
Call of Duty: World at War. Well right now I'm "hyping" over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm a CoD fan if you haven't noticed.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Spore waited years for that and then stayed up all night waiting for it since I pre-downloaded it then stayed up the rest finishing it.finished the years of waiting in one frickin night. biggest disappointment ever

Exploding8

Nov 8, 2008
Spore. It was nearly as fun as I had hoped... but it only lasted for a week at most. Definetly not worth the 3 years of waiting for it.

sargebw86

Apr 4, 2009
Quake Live

I absolfrickenlutely enjoyed Quake 3 Arena, so when I found it was in open beta, I signed up and used my friend's high speed connection to download and play it for a while. Then his store closed down so I tried playing at home on my dial-up connection...

"Connection Interrupted"

At least I could play against bots to no lag, but I decided that I'd rather find a game I can play on my slow-ass connection for the time being, hence I went with EVE. That, and I'd rather see the game after the beta is done and the game is officially released.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
Fallout 3. Now I've beaten the game over to death; done all the quests, all bobbleheads, all the named weapons, etc. Right now I want to get the collector's edition for the bobblehead and lunchbox.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
MGS4.... I was way over-hyped for that game... and then it wasn't even as good as No.3. Dissapointing.