The last thing we watched, cartoon/animu edition

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Not really. Get some rest; ya drunk.
I took those screenshots three years ago. Maybe if I sober up for three more years they'll look almost the same. Wait, what?

"They took a perfectly fine 35mm restoration then de-grained it, smeared it, then added a ton of grain back to hide it. It’s weird, it has the most grain of any of the BDs, yet the least amount of detail. In addition, they forced it to 1080p 23.976 fps instead of leaving it in 1080i like it should be, owing to the fact that Bebop is VFR (variable frame rate), so to force a progressive image is to loose frames, specifically in the CG cuts. Episodes with 60i (and not just 30i) include 6, 17, 19, 20, and 23."

Oh, looks like the French Dybex Blu-ray is better too, in terms of grain retention and therefore detail.

Last edited:

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I took those screenshots three years ago. Maybe if I sober up for three more years they'll look almost the same.
We can only hope. Alcohol affects everybody differently.

I'm willing to admit you may be right, but I still watch Youtube at 480p for the most part so I really don't care either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Samurai Blue: After Image is a cool short film I just watched. Props to the animators for getting this out there.