The last time a game made you rage.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I'm currently playing the new Twisted Metal game. I was having fun with it, too. Until I got to THIS point.

Without spoilers, I'm at a section where you have to race other players. It's a checkpoint race, and you have to hit every single checkpoint through the city to continue. Okay, fair enough I suppose. But then you have to start racing on top of buildings, and if you miss even ONE ramp jump, you may as well start over, since there's absolutely no way to win at that point. Okay, that's annoying.

But the granddaddy "fuck you" comes at the end. Even if you manage to hit every checkpoint, you then have to find an unmarked checkpoint, somewhere on the map. And if the computer finds it first, then your car explodes. Which basically means "first place, or no place".

I have been stuck on this race for an hour now, and it's starting to make my eyes bleed from pure rage. Fuck me, this is hard.

What are some other rage-inducing moments that are currently pissing you guys off?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (I know, I'm a badass)

Trying to play Round 2 of Chase against Flygon. He's ground type so Pikachu can't zap him to hold still, he only lands for about two seconds at at time, and he sends out constant sandstorms to trip you up.

Took me like...four tries.

...I don't think this is a good story >_>

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Blight Town in Dark Souls has me raging...I have decided to not play for a week and get a clear head, stupid frame rate drop.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dark Souls, just....the whole game.

Don't get me wrong, I love that game to bits, but just about every single death has brought me into a rage. I don't play that game if I have zero patience.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
UMVC3 . The only reason it makes me rage is because it's a competitive game , so going against other players is sure to make one rage at some point . Although i immediately rage once i see a team with a wesker on it . Not because i'm sure to lose , just because i have to try harder to win . But nothing satisfies me more that beating a wesker team down with x-23 , dr doom and morrogan/storm .

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
A thief race in AC:Brotherhood. I get 5 seconds away from the near end, 2 checkpoints away, and every single fucking time Ezio does a dive into the heypile below. I can't figure out how to get around it.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
Ornstein and Smough in Anor Londo. Y U NO LOCK ON ENEMY, GAME?

I think I should take a break for a few days.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Street Fighter IV, fighting Seth. After thirteen straight losing matches in a row, I finally win a round. He then proceeds to pull a completely new moveset out of his ass and crushes me.

I was afraid for the safety of myself and my loved ones after that learning experience.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Assassin's Creed 2 in the beginning (relatively). First, they don't explain the controls much, thankfully I did just finish playing AC 1, so that wasn't a problem but it still bothered me. Second, the Italian accent was really annoying - I would have preferred if the game was entirely in Italian or entirely in English - the Italian accent seemed retarded to me. And the worse part is that from time to time the characters would slip into Italian for no apparent reason (aside to reassure me that they were indeed Italians). Then, I had to meet "Leonardo" - I was actually praying to not be Leonardo DaVinci because I didn't want the game to just name drop me and make me feel impressed with it. No, at that point I would have been more impressed, if the painter Leonardo was somebody else. Finally, you get yo meet your uncle...and one of the first things he has to say is "It's-a me-e, Mario!". I rage quit at that point. It was too much. I had wait until the frustration went away to be able to play again.

Thankfully, with time it got better but I was literally on the verge of not bothering with the game any more. I got used to Leonardo and the name dropping, so much that when Machiavelli showed up I didn't feel anything. Italian accent was still annoying, though.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
This one "puzzle" in Okami. It was really damn difficult because i can't for the life of me draw the "Wind" symbol without intensely thinking about which direction I need to draw. It's meant to be bloody simple!

The entire puzzle is blowing a ball around a corner... Took me 30 minutes and I was in a complete rage the whole time.

To a lesser extent UMVC3, now I can deal with losing even when Wesker's involved! I love my team now. Phoenix Wright, X-23 and Amaterasu. Team Ragtag Bunch of Misfits. Since they have nothing in common. A lawyer, a goddess and a clone... Nope I got nothing.

I personally love fighting Team Trenchcoat now just because beating it is so satisfying. Plus the fact that the guy is even using that team is a testament to his complete suckiness and general lack of imagination.

But fuck people taunting after my entire team's dead pisses me off no end. Fucking taunt mid-game if you're gonna do it. You won, congrats. Don't be a dick about it.

I sometimes taunt mid-game with Turnabout Phoenix Wright or Ammy but only mid-game. Scout's Honour. Except if I make an epic one character comeback, then LOL taunt vision activate! And let's face it Ammy's taunt is just awesome, makes me wanna play Okami

[sub]Awooooooooo![/sub]

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Just felt like posting again to say... FUCK, finally beat that god-forsaken level.

...I need a drink.

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
Well it wasn't entirely the games fault but when me and my friend were playing Saints row the third on coop we finally beat one late game mission (no spoilers don't worry) after 2 hours and about 10 attempts on it (he thought it would be a good idea to play on hardcore mode) we beat it and the end mission cut scene starts and i kid you not the second it starts both of our games froze and crash setting us back at the very beginning of the mission before about 3 checkpoints, we tore our headsets off at that point and screamed ourselves raw. it was a good thing i was alone at my house at the time i think i made the windows rattle...

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Just a few hours ago, actually, in Skyrim. I hate that insta-kill move dragons have by grabbing and tossing you to the ground. I'd been running around without saving for a few hours and came upon a dragon, and it killed me before I could even draw a sword.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
DeadSp8s said:
Gears of War 3, Myrrah on Insane. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Fucking Royal Guards. They are like ninjas I swear.

Legendary Souls in Soulcalibur 5 is my most recent example. INPUT READING AI HOOOOOOOOOOO!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That stupid harp duet minigame in Legend of Zekda: Skyward Sword.

This is one of the reason why I hate the bloody motion control as it's not super hard to play a harp in real life! Well at least play the string straight in a back and forth in rhythm of the tune!!!

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I rage a little bit every time I play Super Street Fighter IV, since there are so many safe moves in that game it drives me nuts.

Micromyni

Jan 26, 2012
Prototype. All of it. I'm flipping between it and inFamous at the moment, and for some reason my brain stubbornly refuses to release the muscle memory fixture on inFamous' controls so I can play Prototype without pressing the wrong button.