The last time a game made you rage.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
loudestmute said:
Street Fighter IV, fighting Seth. After thirteen straight losing matches in a row, I finally win a round. He then proceeds to pull a completely new moveset out of his ass and crushes me.

I was afraid for the safety of myself and my loved ones after that learning experience.
Yeah I hear you that guy pissed me off I still cant beat him on normal and above to this day except with my 2 mains. Silver Kasumi from DOA4 had a similar effect sometimes she would go down easy but then other times it would be counter, smash to floor half life gone then 18 hit juggle air combo you are dead after pushing 1 button (please dont have a stupid boss in 5 team ninja).

Soul Calibur 5 had a slightly less rage inducing effect on Legendary souls until I realised how to cheese the AI by spamming certain moves and throws oh and defeating the A ranked opponents in quick battle usually I take the first 2 fights then they go absolutely mental goddamn it still I usually beat them before my blood boils over.

Tazzy da Devil

Sep 9, 2011
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Learning the spin dash. I had to hit a certain amount of targets with it before the guy teaching it would let me use it. Not only was it kinda hard, it was completely pointless! I'm like, "I'm using the bloody move now! Why the hell do I need your permission to use it!?"

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
DeadSp8s said:
Gears of War 3, Myrrah on Insane. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!
It's not possible.

OT: With ME3 on the doorstep, I've decided to run through ME2 again. In Legion's loyalty mission, nearing the end, I derped around a little too much (Vanguard biotic charges are too much fun, I swear) and died. Fair enough, I thought, gotta be more careful next time around. And my game loads... the beginning of the mission. Wat. All my checkpoints failed, and had to do the mission from the F*CKIN BEGINNING AGAIN!

My controller met the wall.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Probably Deus Ex revolution on hard. Enemies can drop you in a millasecond and your somehow supposed to feel like a cybernetic bad ass. yet I walked straight up to somebody, pointed a sniper rifle point blank at his face and shot and he proceeded to kill me before the gun recoil was even over.

Sniper rifle shot. POINT. BLANK. TO. THE. FACE!! Fuck that overrated pos.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mass Effect the first crashing on me just as I was getting into it last night.
Luckily I had recently saved, but it was still annoying.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I was playing the MGS HD colelciton, and one of the Snake Tales in MGS2.

There's this one where you and Emma have to escape a room full of enemies that continually respawn, and don't stop. The only way to get out of the room with her is to hold her hand, and you walk really slowly. And if you get hit, you let go of her hand.

I was so fucking mad I could't finish it

Jan 27, 2011
Minecraft.

I'm playing one of Vechs' "super Hostile" maps (spellbound caves to be precise), and OH MY GOSH I hate hate HATE Vechs!!

He sets those maps up just right so that monsters can spawn in places you think are safe (light level is JUUUST low enough to spawn them), and the creeper ambushes are no fun either. Especially when you're starting out with nothing, and arrows are hard to come by... >_<

EDIT: Oh and the incident before that that made me rage at a game was Dreamkiller (a serious Sam style run and gun shooter).

There was this boss that just kept regenerating and I couldn't kill it. The heroine then hinted that I needed to find out where the bees were coming from, and I looked for nearly half an hour to find the source...Only to have to look it up on a forum (there was no FAQ on GameFAQS), and find out that there was this beehive WAAAAY in the distance behind the boss platform and that I jut needed to shoot that...I was BEYOND pissed.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
The last time I raged at a game?

Hm. Probably Skyrim. Game's hunky-dory until you meet up with a Dragon Priest and his usual fuckton of Draugr. My current character isn't terribly long range-centric (level 38 Orc with an Orcish Greatsword enchanted 2 D MAXX and a hundred points in Smithing) so I just had to rush him and hope to God that his cronies wouldn't cause me to eat through my Healing Potion reserves.

I died. A lot. Took me about six tries to pull it off by a hair's breadth. Still, the reward was well worth it, Rahgot (Forelhost, The Rift) has a mask that has a higher base defense than a fully upgraded Dragonbone Helmet *and* it counts as a piece of Heavy Armor! Yay, I don't lose my "Cushioned" perk!

These rages are the best. You start out absolutely burning with the desire to chuck your keyboard out the window, and then an epic reward falls into your lap, melting all that anger into sweet, sweet exultation.

Awesomesauce.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Shank 2's survival mode. My brother and I were playing it two or three times each day for the past week until we beat it. The amount of times we lost at the last second was enough to put our teeth on edge.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
The last time I played Super Meat Boy. *SIGH* I'm just...really bad at it.

Right now I am just playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's not particularly 'challenging', but I can honestly say I am having fun.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
vech superhostile...all of them, i have completed 2 of them todate, was doing good on the knew one but save corruption ended that.

darksouls, i kept getting pulled into a fight with a guy in the garden area, but somehow he was able to zip across the field and kept killing me, still haven't figured out how he managed it

the binding of isac, because that game is just a pain in the arse.
and last night on killing floor, because i was playing with people who literally didn't have a clue and was getting sick of soloing levels

these are my most recent game plays, dont usually rage over games, but every now and again

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
DoPo said:
Assassin's Creed 2 in the beginning (relatively). First, they don't explain the controls much, thankfully I did just finish playing AC 1, so that wasn't a problem but it still bothered me. Second, the Italian accent was really annoying - I would have preferred if the game was entirely in Italian or entirely in English - the Italian accent seemed retarded to me. And the worse part is that from time to time the characters would slip into Italian for no apparent reason (aside to reassure me that they were indeed Italians). Then, I had to meet "Leonardo" - I was actually praying to not be Leonardo DaVinci because I didn't want the game to just name drop me and make me feel impressed with it. No, at that point I would have been more impressed, if the painter Leonardo was somebody else. Finally, you get yo meet your uncle...and one of the first things he has to say is "It's-a me-e, Mario!". I rage quit at that point. It was too much. I had wait until the frustration went away to be able to play again.

Thankfully, with time it got better but I was literally on the verge of not bothering with the game any more. I got used to Leonardo and the name dropping, so much that when Machiavelli showed up I didn't feel anything. Italian accent was still annoying, though.
How can those things annoy you? Those were some of the reasons the game was great!
Volan said:
Just a few hours ago, actually, in Skyrim. I hate that insta-kill move dragons have by grabbing and tossing you to the ground. I'd been running around without saving for a few hours and came upon a dragon, and it killed me before I could even draw a sword.
I'm gunna have to agree with this. I always forget to save!
But tbh most games make me rage- I'm just a ragey kinda person :/

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That would be Sonic Generations. That final boss battle was just one big broken gameplay mechanic, and when I finally beat it it was pure luck that I was able to gather enough rings to stay in the fight. Had a lot of fun with the rest of the game, but this one battle felt like someone chucking a handful of sand and poop on my perfectly good icecream cone.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
That stupid harp duet minigame in Legend of Zekda: Skyward Sword.

This is one of the reason why I hate the bloody motion control as it's not super hard to play a harp in real life! Well at least play the string straight in a back and forth in rhythm of the tune!!!
I ended up just memorising the movements so I could start them before the girl actually did.

For me it would have to be the last platforming section of Psychonauts (played it for the first time last week), with that net with the holes in it that you have to climb up. The controls were just really awkward with a keyboard; if I had a controller for my PC I would have gotten it easily. But with the keyboard I was trying do balance levitate, left, forward, and jump with the same hand and it's hard to keep your fingers in place with that many tasks.

Ended up using my right hand for forward and jump, and my left hand for left and levitate, and just hoped the camera didn't do anything stupid.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The last game that made me rage was Jak II.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game. But it has ridiculous difficulty spikes. Not to mention very bad checkpoint placement.

A particular mission would be where you

had to protect 3 of Krew's men in order to reach the Heart of Mar. This section pissed me off to no end. The people I had to protect were annoying, they can't defend themselves worth a shit, there is this one section where I had to dodge a bunch of lasers and shoot down the metal heads firing them, and finally, there was a massive ambush of metal heads at the end.

You and the three guys have to survive the entire mission, otherwise you have to do it all over again. It was a very frustrating and painful experience.

And that's just one of the missions in the game that pissed me off. Jak II was a very difficult game.

Thankfully, Jak 3 wasn't nearly as frustrating. As that game had a better difficulty curve and a better checkpoint placement.

Innocent Bystander

Jan 29, 2012
AC: Brotherhood, when you have to catch the first Courier. I almost had him, and then I accidentally ran up a wall. I then have to chase the bastard all over the Coliseum, and I kept falling down holes. Finally I managed to get close enough to the guy and tackle hime. And then I stabbed him, because I was pissed off.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
I rage a little bit every time I play Super Street Fighter IV, since there are so many safe moves in that game it drives me nuts.
Fucking this! That game makes me so mad sometimes. Seth, you cheating bastard!

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Assassin's Creed Revelations this game wants you to run everything perfectly and after quite a few tries not being able to get the perfect sync, not letting me restart at a checkpoint made me rage indeed.