The last time you felt immersed in a game.

Twin Of Aphex

Nov 7, 2008
For me its 'Fallout New Vegas', As i type this reply iam on a loading screen. I borrowed it from a friend last week not expecting much as I was never a massive RPG fan, but I have been hooked since I first inserted the disc. Iam already planning my second and third playthroughs... My girlfriend on the other hand is not impressed with me as of late.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Netrigan said:
bloodymassacre said:
sg137iu said:
Alan Wake, anyone? That game just sucks you in!
Idk, i found that game fairly bland, basically waving a flashlight around to defeat enemys, not saying its a bad game, just not my type to suck myself into the game
Every time I was in danger of getting immersed, Alan would supply a bit of helpful narration like, "the bridge was out, I'd have to find another way to get to the lighthouse."

Hmmmm, last time I was immersed to the point of thinking I could do parkour moves on the way to the corner store would be Assassin's Creed II. That would seeped in pretty good.
I once entered my group of friends I imagined white streaks on the floor

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
It was Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the earth. That was a great game, although it could've been brilliant if it wasn't so watered down (no pun intended) with terrible voice acting and really annoying bugs.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Well I just beat Half life 2 episode 2 yesterday (HL2 is the best game ever btw!) and I have to say, those games are damn immersive.

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
Half-Life 2 and its episodes.
Quite simply, I really care for those NPCs. I really feel the struggle of the rebels against the combine's Orwellian future hell.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Stalker: Call of Pripyat.
I never even got a quarter of the way through it, but i love that game.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Metro 2033. The atmosphere is absolutely perfect for sucking you in.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
mass effect 2, that game is just soooooo god damn incredible I lose track of hours and often find myself still awake playing it the next morning.

BJK55123

Dec 10, 2009
Demon's Souls. It was one of the best games I've ever played. It was the first game that made me have to learn in a long time. That platinum trophy was worth every hour.

Coalhada

Feb 6, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
Minecraft. When you spend so much time building your secret underground lair, only for some green incarnation of evil to explode, killing you and spawning you so far away you might never find it again, you feel a genuine sense of loss...
Totally agree. Whenever I'm in serious danger and think about losing all my gear, I shiver.

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
I get immersed in most of my games; it's how I enjoy them. The most recent was Fallout: New Vegas. You know, until it freezes for twentieth time in thirty minutes.

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
Minecraft. click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click I AM MINECRAFT GUY

That's how it went down, basically.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Mass Effect 2...I was looking out at the Illium Vista for like 5 minutes before realising I wasn't actually there lol

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Demon's Souls. The level of concentration needed to play that game is immense, because if you falter, even for a second, that game will fuck. You. Up.
Agreed, first game I ever pulled an all nighter with my friend. We raped. :D Guy invades our game, my friend hides, comes out when the guy passes, uses god wraths and 1 hits them. :D

Dizeazedkiller

Feb 11, 2011
half life 2 firstly, one of the only games i've ever played and actually liked the characters. It has to be mentioned, though, that after listening to commentary, the HL2 guys spend ALOT of time figuring out how the characters should act for audience benefit, also the soundtrack gets you into it and the little tidbits like an area with a chair, a bear and a grenade crate over a pit of zombies, creating a back story for an unknown character that only perceptive players will notice? thats just epic.
Amnesia, of course, because it is designed to be immersed in like someone before me has mentioned. Also the controls help you to get immersed because to hold objects you actually have to hold the mouse button, unlike some games where u just toggle picking an object up and dropping it with 1 key.
Screaming "Why won't you fucking die!" at a game reminds me of how i react to alot of PvP games, especially WoW with its balance issues. Doesn't give me any sense of being immersed, just wanting to win.
Portal needs a mention, Glados and all her commentary just kept me enthralled. As well as the same effort that was being put into it as was put into HL2. again i realised this from listening to commentary.

bobfish92

Feb 2, 2011
I'm pretty damn surprised no-ones mentioned stalker yet.
But yeah, every stalker. CoP was not too immersive until I actually got into pripyat, then the immersion light flicked on.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Neverwinter Nights.

OK, it's not the most recent game I was immersed in but doggnnit, it deserves to be mentioned.

The keys to immersion are atmosphere and general freedom.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Resident Evil 4 particularly due to the games excellent pacing and bosses that really build you up for the inevitable encounter...most notably Salazar.

I also agree with Dragon Age Origins as many have said brought me into the game completely.