The last way you died in a videogame is how you are going to die IRL

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Zombies eating my brains, lovely. All because of some joker with a time bomb inside his jack in the box...Well, at least I somehow invented sentient plants before I died.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Strider bullets to the face in Half-Life 2 (finally got around to playing it, enjoying it greatly).

It will certainly hurt a great deal, but at least it will be over quickly.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I'm going to unexpectedly die from exposure to invisible things banging on my window, á la Silent Hill 4.
Oh goody.

FluffyWelshCake

Jul 9, 2011
Meanwhile, in next week's edition of the 'Skyrim Express' :

The great hero Dovahkiin was found dead yesterday at the bottom of a waterfall near Markarth. It is belived that he jumped down to find pointy rock formations, apparently Dwarven Armour doesn't protect you from jagged rocks. So, our only hope of survival is dead and now Alduin is going to destroy us all. Because Dovahkiin's a tit.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Ooh. That depends on whether I technically died last...

(And if you can be said to die in Soul Calibur 2 - In which case...)

I don't know. Regardless of the exact game involved, I have the sneaking suspicion it involved falling a considerable distance...

Ouch.

saphiren

Full diving
Jul 8, 2009
Surrounded by Protoss Dragoons and slowly exterminated. This was StarCraft Brood Wars and I'm fairly certain it's very, VERY painful.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Got killed by a roaming band of Fendelian Soldiers in Tales of Graces f. Shouldn't hurt too much since the final blow was a headshot with their Fendelian guns.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, looks like about to get beaten to death in a boxing match with a soda-swilling Russian. Damn Punch-Out.

If that doesn't count, then I'm getting torn apart by a herd of Deathclaws.

...can I have the Russian?

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Embarrassingly enough, it would be by walking backwards off a 200+ foot cliff in the western corner of Skyrim's tundra while fleeing from trying to kite a sabre cat.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
So I will be beaten to death by Penguin's thugs in the Iceberg Lounge VIP Room after a spectacular 20 minute last stand.

Pretty cool way to go. Except for the fact that the killing blow came when my contr-- err, my brain didn't register who I wanted to hit next and a goon bopped me in the head with one of the sloppiest punches to ever happen in all of history.