The List of People Going to Hell

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
CaptainMarvelous said:
Clearing the Eye said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Dangit2019 said:

I saw this picture in an article (I don't know where it came from originally), so I thought I would play a fun game.

I'm going to ask all of you for fun whether or not you're going to hell and to list the reasons why? I doubt anyone on these forums will be able to go to heaven.

I'm going to hell for being a:
Rock n' Roller
Evolutionist

Post your results as such, and have fun!
Why Catholics? I don't get that one, I can sort of see why they claim the rest (through the veneer of crazy) but Catholicism is just a different form of Christianity?
Catholics worship and revere Mary, mother of Jesus and God. This, to some hardliners, is them holding another in too high a regard, as God specifically told his people to worship none other than him.

I actually have a portion of Hail Mary in my bio;

"Theotokos Virgin, rejoice,
Mary full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
for thou hast borne Christ the Saviour,
the Deliverer of our souls."
So... worshipping Mary is wrong and sinful, but getting divorced because a King in England wanted to and so made his own church is fine and dandy? That makes little sense to me
Well, in Christianity, all sin is equal and judged the same in God's eyes. There are some sins that are considered more heinous than others, but they ultimately equate to the same thing. Reason being, disobeying God (a sin) is the worst thing you can do. Thus, all sin is basically the same crime.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
CaptainMarvelous said:
Why Catholics? I don't get that one, I can sort of see why they claim the rest (through the veneer of crazy) but Catholicism is just a different form of Christianity?
So is 7th Day Adventism, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses and most Masonic peoples...

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Well, I think I'm a Rock 'n' Roller, if that means I listen to rock music, I'm also, by the world's standards, pretty rich, if I lived in the U.S I'd be a democrat (although I'm not sure about a demoncrat, as I don't know what that is), I'm fairly liberal, and I suppose I could be judged as a worldly, lukewarm Christian.

These beliefs are not mine, nor are they held by anyone but the most extreme, ridiculous members of the religion I belong to, just saying. Not all Christians are like this. I'm saying this stuff because I can't help but feel a little ashamed when I see people like this...it's the exception rather than the rule.

I even happen to be a Universal Salvationist :)

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Really..."rich people" are going to hell? God, that would suck if you were like the best christian ever, lead a good life, guaranteed to go to heaven...and then BAM you win the lottery. Now you're going to hell.

Anyway let's see...I'm going to hell for...

Evolutionist
Fornicator
I like some Rock, so I'll say Rock 'n Roller just to be on the safe side.

I like how they forgot to include Agnostic on that list, so apparently I'm not going to hell for that.

...though I actually describe my religious beliefs as mixture of agnostic and hindu, so maybe I am...

Oh well, guess I'm going to hell.

At least I'll have company.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
Rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists. As well as simple farmers. The people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
So is 7th Day Adventism, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses and most Masonic peoples...
Valid point, Elementary, very valid point. I suppose it's my personal bias of always hearing it being Catholics/Protestants over here in the UK.

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
According to the people that made that sign, being Canadian is probably a one way ticket straight to fiery damnation. So, I guess I'm screwed. :S Well at least me and the other canucks will be able to get a game of hockey going down there, I guess it will have to be road hockey though.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
CaptainMarvelous said:
During the 1500s, a few members of the Catholic Church started preaching a radical set of new ideas that went completely against the teachings from Rome. This Protestant "movement" (it's never been a unified church in the same way as Catholicism) ultimately broke away from the Catholic Church entirely, founding a whole gaggle of new faiths.

One of the most radical ideas was that belief in Jesus Christ alone granted entrance to heaven. It didn't matter how "good" or "bad" you were, because deeds in life were insignificant next to the cleansing power of God's grace. The lowest, most perverse murder could find salvation just as easily as the most virtuous noblewoman. The Catholic Church didn't like this idea one bit, because they made a lot of money out of selling "indulgences" which would supposedly absolve sinners of particular wrong things they'd done. (Cheated on your wife? The Church can get rid of that sin for you!) But if deeds don't matter, then all this comes crashing down. Most damningly, the new Protestants refused to recognise the Pope as God's representative on Earth (adopting a "if it ain't in the Bible, it ain't so" approach).

For this (and a number of other reasons) the next couple of centuries were marked by (often bloody) conflicts between the Catholic Church and the break-away Protestant churches (some - such as the Church of England - backed by converted monarchs). There were atrocities committed by both sides but the Catholics - who held the more powerful position to begin with - are often blamed for the worst of it.

All this has left many modern day Protestants (Anglicans, Mormons, Evangelicals, Baptists, etc.) with a residual hatred of the (still powerful) Catholic Church.

I think it's interesting, anyway. ;)

PingoBlack

Searching for common sense ...
Aug 6, 2011
So ... in Hell there is a diverse society of opinions and people, rich in it's shared cultural experience and able to build on that legacy.

In Heaven, there are only a few specific protestant Christians.

Yipppeeee! It's like choosing from spending eternity in a cool nightclub instead of white brightly lit inside of a deep freeze storage.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Well, among some of the miscellaneous points, there is my view of religion as a whole, safe to say, were these the days of witch-hunt ... well lets just say that I would have been the quest of honour on my very own barbecue. If the afterlife is indeed a reality then the safest thing would be to adopt Buddhism, though then again, perhaps I could bargain to become ghastly harlequin dragging escaped souls to the depths.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Well lets see here...

Liberals: Not officially aligned with Democrats but I am left leaning
Evolutionist: Yep

I like how they differentiate between a sub-group of a group they already listed.

All Democrats (also like how they call it Demoncrats) are liberals
All Lesbians are Homosexuals

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
im going to hell cause Im an evolutionist, atheist, rock n roller, drunk (at times)and adulter (cause masturbation is a form of adultery for some reason.....)

but really if that sign was true *snicker* only the crazies and those in a vegetative state would be able to go to heaven.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Easton Dark said:
Well shit. I'm going to hell 5 times over.

Evolutionist, Abortionist (what the fuck, those aren't words), liberal, fornicator, and atheist.

I also just noticed it says DEMONCRATS.

Really though, rich people? Having more green stuff than someone else = hell?

And what the shit is a mason? That shadowy group of powerful americans? WHAT?!
Most people mean FreeMasons when they talk about Masonry. And to me it seems stupid because they pretty much follow the core principles of Christianity better than... well, most Christians.

"Despite the organisation's great diversity, Freemasonry's central preoccupations remain charitable work within a local or wider community, moral uprightness (in most cases requiring a belief in a supreme being) as well as the development and maintenance of fraternal friendship"

-Wikipedia (FreeMasonry)

As for myself? Going to hell in about... seven? different ways according to the sign. Good thing Hell doesn't exist then, or I'd be in trouble.

Also, Fornicator? REALLY? Rich People?

So, those who allow the continuation of our race and those who have worked hard and seen the rewards just aren't good people? Wow. That's pretty impressive.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Sylveria said:
I seem to remember a lot of drinking in the Bible, I have a hard time thinking that even Jesus himself didn't get a little tipsy on occasion. Guess he's in hell to.
Jesus was the one who turned water into wine. If he wasn't already, well, Jesus and all, they should have made him the patron saint of piss-heads.
Not to mention he was also a Jew and Liberal. Looks like Jesus is definitely burning in hellfire.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that I'm more annoyed with their terrible grammar and spelling then I am with their message.
That's kind of depressing when you think about it.

OT: Rock'n'Roller? I think that applies to me? Someone needs to tell them to update their bigotry a few decades.

Evolutionist, which I too am a little confused by. The context makes it sound like there are temples and a faith system to support it. (Praise be Charles! In Mendel's name we pray!)

Abortionist? As in I'm pro-choice.

Liberal. Seriously how did sociopolitical perspectives get mixed up in religion in the first place?
||Note: Completely rhetorical question!||

Atheist, though I'd be very unlikely to describe myself as one.

Also I really want 'Demoncrat' to be a thing. I would go for that.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
CaptainMarvelous said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Valid point, Elementary, very valid point. I suppose it's my personal bias of always hearing it being Catholics/Protestants over here in the UK.
Haha! True... If I hadn't worked for the Yanks for 6 months and been collared talking to Jehovah's Witnesses for ages one day when I was too shy to tell them to piss-off, I would still have that bias too! :p I don't blame you!

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I'm a drunk, liberal metalhead, an evolutionary atheist, a fornicator when I get the opportunity and an occasional pothead.
Well at least I won't get cold in the afterlife.

Not that there is an afterlife.

When will these people realise that threatening an atheist with hell is about as likely to be effective as threatening a blind person with scary pictures?

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Wow. I'm "Democrat", evolutionist, Mormon, and "rock and roller", so I guess I'm really doomed to hellfire and whatnot. I think those Westboro folks need a good editor as many of those categories are redundant. Liberal/Democrat are frequently interchangeable in the US, which is where this photo is from, I assume. Also, lesbians are homosexual by definition.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Just thought of a brilliant way for keeping the Jehovah's Witnesses away. Get a knife covered in blood, do not clean it. When needed, come to the door with the bloodstained knife saying "Yeah, I can talk, but could you please be fast, I have a gate to be opened through a virgin"

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Homosexuals are lesbians?

Eh, hypocrites. The rich fund the churches in U.S.