The longest you've slept, the longest you've been awake.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Sixteen hours asleep, my longest awake was 6 days straight, can't break it into hours though.. I decided to try it just for the hell of it to see how long I would last. I was pretty insane over the last two days, I was simply too tired to fall asleep, shadows start to turn into things.

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
89 hours awake as part of a sleep study. Funny part was that I only slept for 5 hours once I was done and woke up feeling fine.

22 hours asleep.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
36 hours of sleep. Best bloody time in my life! I was very ill one summer, and when I went asleep in the late evening I woke up in the morning, two days after.
Woo. Sounds a lot like me. I drank hot chocolate made from unpasteurized milk straight from the cow down the road in a foreign country (brilliant idea, that), and after getting violently sick, I slept for the next 36 hours and don't remember any of the rest of it fortunately.

The longest I've been awake was about 72 hours. In the same weekend, I went to the prom, the party afterward, and then a lanparty the following day that continued until the afternoon after that, with no breaks in between. I was a bit tired by the end, but as long as I kept doing something and didn't give myself a chance to get bored, I was still surprisingly alert and fairly functional. As soon as I lay down at home, though, I passed out within a minute for the next 21 hours or so.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
36 hours awake and 36 hours asleep pretty weak compared to some of you peeps but thats what it is.Although I would say I usually only sleep 4.5 hours per night week days anyway, but I am such a lazy bastard I could easily sleep for 12 hours a day everyday if I didnt push myself.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Broken sleep, waking just to pee in a bottle?... about a solid week. Got hit around hard by Glandular Fever for a month. Still, don't have anything on those coma patents.
Solid sleep, goddess I wish I could sleep solid sleep these days... I am lucky to get five hours sleep for some reason but I hope that will pass in the next few days.

Being awake, three to four days... I didn't count as I am a old bugger that stayed awake more often when I was younger. Of late I have been going up to 50 hours without sleep regularly, which I can stay really does hit you around hard after the third or so cycle when you have less then five hours of sleep between them.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I was in a medically induced coma for 3 1/2 days once.

Longest awake? I dunno like 40 hours. Pretty sure it's when I was undercover. It was aweful, I'm a person that NEEDS those 8 hours of sleep.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
The longest I've ever stayed up was a little over 24 hours, when I had to finish a paper for finals. I don't really keep track of how long I sleep but I think I've slept for a little over 12 hours on a few occasions.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
The longest i've been awake was 72 hours with a good friend (we saw a very scary movie and she stayed up with me) and after about 40 hours, my vision was blurring and i was nodding and almost dosing constantly, then when i finally did, it was sitting up so i slammed against the ground and woke up in pain and with a nasty bruise.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I am physically incapable of pulling an all-nighter. I passed out after twenty hours.

I'm also a bit of an insomniac. I've managed to sleep for eleven hours, when I had a milder flu.

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
I've been awake for five days straight (the discovery of anime back in HS) and following that I slept three days straight.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Awake - 5 days 3 hours

sleep - 18.5 hours

By day 5 of being awake, I was seeing shadow people in my peripheral vision...

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I believe 13 hours is the longest I've slept. The longest I've stayed awake is around 40 hours

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
I was awake for 32 hours once, just for a clock reset in order to start waking up before noon.

I slept for about 20 hours in a day once, had the flu.

GreenSage

Jun 11, 2011
Longest awake 4 days, longest asleep 92 days i was in a coma after a car accident. Does that count?