The most awesome games that will likely never happen.

Existentialistme

Jan 6, 2011
An Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG. The bending elements along with a human fighter are your five exclusive classes, but you can specialize each class as well. If you're a waterbender you can put your points into being a healer and focus on defense rather than attack. If you're an earthbender you can choose to go the traditional route and just move a lot of earth at once, or you can spend more time and points into specific aspects like metalbending. Same thing with the human class. You can go stealthy and just use knives and small, concealable weapons, or you can lug around the biggest axe you find. It's up to you to decide what is going to be more important or effective. Obviously, you'd start out as level one, then learn what you can on your own, and when that isn't enough you find a bending or weapons master to help train you. You build up your level until something happens to threaten the world and then comes the inevitable but awesome gang up with a rag-tag team of other benders and fighters to go quell the threat. Open world would be pretty cool, if not then something more like Fable where the areas are linear, but you can always choose which one to visit. I'm sure it would work as an MMO, but seeing as I don't really like MMOs I would stick with just a well-thought out RPG.

GRRRRR... I've wanted this game for so long. The bending mechanics would work beautifully in games.

Also. An Assassin's Creed type game set in Republic City.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh boy! people posted after I did! I feel justified in making this a second post instead of editing my original. I was just going to say "Sega Games on the Wii U" because of the Sonic exclusivity deal Sega has going on with Nintendo but I guess I might as well elaborate as well:

Power Stone U (The number 3 will be at a jaunty angle and the lower swoop will be colored differently to make it into a letter "U"): This one is self-explanatory I think: A great, 3D Fighting game in a market that's been missing 3D Fighting games and based on a franchise that seems to have died with the Dreamcast.

Panzer Dragoon Urge: Or something else that begins with "U" and isn't "Ultimate"...The last Panzer Dragoon game that I know of to be released was a launch game (or an early game) on the Xbox and since then it hasn't been seen or heard from. Nintendo is the king of revivals (in that it has a shitload of old properties and sometimes brings one back maybe). Maybe Sega will put this awesome Dragon-focused, Japanese-style rail shooter on the Wii U.

Unreal Seaman: I only know Seaman from a few ads I saw in Gamepro. I've never played it but it looked surreal and weird, like something that survived the 90's and escaped from Tim Burton somehow. I think it used a microphone and was a game in which you raise Seamen...or a Seaman. I dunno...it could be fun and it would definitely be unique. Other people probably know a lot more than I do (in fact I'm sure other people know about this game)

Shenmue III: Nintendo will win E3 by announcing this as a Wii U exclusive. They will have a Brutality if Shenmue III is an unannounced demo at Best Buy next week. Hell, Nintendo will win E3 if any of these are announced (except maybe Seaman...I honestly don't know jack about that title). My understanding is that Shenmue II ended on a cliffhanger so maybe it's about time to fix that.

Starcraft 2 Unlimited/Starcraft 3 Ultimatum: I only add in the U because why not? Anyway, like I'm going to say in my next (and truly impossible) game idea: the Wii U's gamepad could potentially make it possible for a console to have the best RTS ever seen outside of a PC's keyboard-n-mouse interface. Blizzard has ported Diablo over to the Playstation in the past and the Nintendo 64 ended up getting Starcraft too! I estimate a single-digit percent chance that Starcraft could be on the Wii U and the unique controller interface will make it something to behold.

Halo Wars Unity: Kind of a stretch there...anyway, ya know what would be really weird? If 343 studios were bought out by Nintendo. Instead of eviscerating the studio while laughing and raining molten sulfur on the heads of the former owners though, what if Nintendo got them working on a Wii U exclusive version of Halo Wars? The Wii U Gamepad would potentially make the best RTS games to ever exist on a console and if it was a Halo...the fan backlash and fanboy moaning would be like the Bayonetta 2 reveal times a million. This is the only thing in my list that wouldn't happen in a million years but damn would it be sweet to people who don't care much for Halo.

absulute

Apr 30, 2013
How about an Auschwitz simulator?

Like Theme Auschwitz.

I would say it'll never happen, but I wouldn't put it past EA.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I've said it a million times and everybody just keeps ignoring it, so I'll say it a million more;

Han Solo; Intergalactic Smuggler.

Free roaming Mass Effect style universe, voice acting from Ford himself, co-op with Chewie, fully controllable space battles with the Falcon. Set in the days before Han and Chewie joined the rebellion of course, just a good old romp around the universe, smuggling, shooting, double crossing, Hutt blasting, kessel running action.

After the millions of Star Wars games (many of them bland/terrible pices of crap) it still amazes me that this thing doesn't exist. If it didn't make like a billion sales I would be stunned.

jnixon

May 27, 2013
The game i'd want the most is the first metal gear solid but with metal gear solid 4 gameplay and graphics, remember when you retured to shadow moses in the 4th game a whole game of that = perfect

Hypno-Sheep

Jan 25, 2012
call of duty: the kart racing edition. An alternative to running around the world shooting everybody that isn't you. It could be a great chance to improve international relations between countries by hosting kart racing events in he style of mario kart. You could use power ups like the emp and attack dogs, whoever loses the race has to give all their dastardly terrorists to the winning country.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
An RPG which perfectly balances enjoyable combat (or preferred methods of play), likable and memorable characters, your own detailed character construction, minimizing tedious side-quests and statistics, an amazing story which keeps you guessing, and a sprawling open world that you have the option to explore.

There are many games like this, but few that come close.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
kingthrall said:
Id love to see a judge dread game but with the whole voice activated gun thing happening. Like HOTSHOT and armor piercing rounds. A really good fps/rpg with this like ME2 would be freaking awesome.
Pretty sure that was Dredd vs Death, a co-op fps with sadly dated graphics but some cool mechanics. But yeah a modern one based off the Karl Urban movie would be pretty awesome. You could even use (sigh) Kinect for the voice activated part.

I think the Harry Potter universe is begging for an mmo. It would have to be more kid friendly with puzzle mini-games during "classes" to learn spells. New areas becoming unlocked as you level up (say levels 1-10 are first years, 11-20 are second years etc) like Hogsmead etc. Instead of Guilds you'd have a "circle of friends". Duelling in hallways with jinxes etc. Possibly having the two other schools as expansion packs. Endgame is the big battle against Voldemort. People would probably even pay to play something like that. Considering the fanbase, it may even be able to give WoW a run for its money.

PoisonTaco

May 9, 2012
A Han Solo game. One where you play as the smart ass smuggler, flying from place to place in the Millenium Falcon, dodging bounty hunters, running spice for slugs and staying away from the Empire. Something done similar to Rockstar's games. Kinda like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. That would be a really fun game.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
PoisonTaco said:
A Han Solo game. One where you play as the smart ass smuggler, flying from place to place in the Millenium Falcon, dodging bounty hunters, running spice for slugs and staying away from the Empire. Something done similar to Rockstar's games. Kinda like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. That would be a really fun game.
You should check out Star Citizin

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

Though a Star Wars licensed game would be cool too.

PoisonTaco

May 9, 2012
Nimzabaat said:
PoisonTaco said:
You should check out Star Citizin

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

Though a Star Wars licensed game would be cool too.
Been a Bounty Hunter since the beginning of the crowd funding campaign. :)

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Imagine Crusader Kings 2, or EU3/4 where whenever you enter battle you are pulled down to a Mount and Blade style battle and forced to take the battle right to your foe.

It would be so glorious.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
an action-oriented 3rd person 3D mega man game.

when the wii came out, i was all over this idea. a whole integrated world, with 8 distinct 'areas' with hidden, weapon based shortcuts between each and run and gun gameplay using the wii mote to target and blast but able to move at a pace near to the X games - running, jumping, dashing and jump dashing all over the place. i never could choose between classic or the X series, but given the amount of secrets in the X series, it'd be a closer fit. and no, it wouldn't be like that first person super gritty version we saw recently, but just the right balance of X gritty reploids and mechanical plants/animals with the colorful style of the X games (especially the first 3). think 3rd person metroid prime and it's pretty close.

Toxic Sniper

Mar 13, 2013
A first-person survival horror game where the enemies are all robots in a futuristic setting like a giant factory. The robots would come in a HUGE variety of shapes and sizes and would definitely not just be constrained to humanoid enemies. Some of the robots (Namely the security models) will attack you on sight, but other robots won't actually attack you unless you attack them first and will instead just endlessly toil on with their given tasks. Sometimes robots will go haywire and will begin attacking everything in sight. You can develop hacking skills to make robots calm and non-aggressive, but hacking is risky because a wrong move will cause them to go haywire. Stealth would be an important element; you can either use it to approach robots to attack them or hack them, or you can use it to hide from dangerous robots.

The story of the game would not be the protagonist's; instead, the protagonist would witness the fall of human civilization as they try to improve themselves with machine parts, until eventually many of them went haywire and the conflicting biological and mechanical parts began to rip each other apart. You also have the option of using machine parts to increase your combat, sneaking, or hacking skills, but each upgrade will bring you closer to that same fate. You just don't know how much closer; different upgrades will affect you more, with the best upgrades tending to be very risky. There are different endings based on how you handled the robots and how much you hacked yourself apart to improve yourself, but there is no indication of a sort of morality system. All of the endings do not turn out rosy for the protagonist, but that's just life.

Why will this game never happen? Look up the genre Survival Horror. :-/

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Doclector said:
Zantos said:
That game would be unbalanced as fuck. Also awesome. Yep, definitely radical.

I'd have liked to see Psychonauts 2, dammit Schaefer stop toying with my heart!!!

I'd also like to see a Warhammer 40k RPG where you get to play as an Inquisitor, form a retinue, make allies and enemies, become a bastion of puritanical light or a soulless pit of radicalism, press x to declare heresy, press e to condemn a billion souls to oblivion.
There would be no point of greater mixed frustration and pure fanboy joy than building your dark army of horrors for an assault on a largely civilian city and having it all fucked up by a certain madman in a flying blue box.
That could only be better if he is then locked in a duel to the death with Darth Vader. While Van Damme/Lundgren UniSols converge on the position. That would be totally, totally sweet. Also Predator, he totally has to be there.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
A more than decent pirate game.
I caught a glimpse of it in Assassins Creed 3. Teasing me, mocking me, showing me what could be.
But is it ever going to happen? Probably not.
Shiver me timbers.