The most beautiful sight in a video game

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
A japanese battleship exploding into a giant ball of flame, then slowly capsizing and sinking beneath the waves. (Silent Hunter 4)

DeathsAmbassador

Mar 7, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
First seeing the outside world in Oblivion. I actually just stood there for a few seconds, taking it all in.
yeah, I would agree. when I first played oblivion I spent hours just running around and looking at stuff.

Projekt Spartan

Dec 19, 2007
The Scene in Gears of War, in the first level, when the camera breaks away from your character, and it pans around to the big Greek-like structure (with the columns) don't know why, but it was really cool...

hix24

Jul 9, 2008
I agree with the load of other people that are sayin oblivion is hot. Also i have to add the final vehicle section in halo 3 with the last jump. Greatest part of the whole campaign.

Moon-Goose

Jun 5, 2008
Bioshock - In the first level just after you have crashed the plane and landed in the water, the water effects are amazing. As you struggle to approuch the surface, as the plane whizzes past you, you can see the fire effect on top of the water. After reaching the surface I actually sat an admired the graphics for amount. The fire on the water actually looked like real fire, as did the water itself.

GTA IV - If you get in a helicopter and fly really high over a busy road you can see small lights resembleing the cars instead of detailed images, like in most games... This looks very realalistic and really gives you te impression of a huge open enviroment.

Also if at night time you go to one of the majour birdges, looking at the lights on the bridge, aswell as the bridge reflecting on the water is also quite nice. Several times I mistook this for TV instead of a game on the Xbox 360.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Jamash said:
When you discover cool "set pieces".

Something like in a FPS game where you come across a secluded perch overlooking lots of bad guys crowded around a explosive barrel.
What is it with bad guys and their magnetic attraction to explosive barrels? But I love 'em for it.

Lachlann

Jan 10, 2008
Dropping your 1st nuke in C&C:Generals.

Cutscenes/intros from Starcraft.

The terrain in FarCry (not the game itself).

Bioshock.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
The final blow against a difficult boss and then they writhe in a groaning cutscened heap going "argghhh-ooorgghhhhh".

Soycopter

Jul 3, 2008
Super Gravity Gun in the end of HL2,when you pick people up with it they have seizures!. I sometimes play that level over just to shoot Combine with lightning. SEIZURES!

Actually, i just think HL2 is beautiful in general. It really is a great looking game..

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
in battlefield 2142 when you're up against about 20 guys and a tank and a friendly walker comes and helps you...just beautifal...(and getting someones dogtags)
Every other moment in Hal Life 2
the ending to Turok evolution...why? Because it ended
A good portion of Daxter is very aestheticaly pleasing especially for a psp game

clarinetJWD

Jul 9, 2008
Moon-Goose said:
No one mentioned Crysis?
I did! I think the reason it's not showing up so often is because it's environments are more aimed at realism than stylized beauty (like the forest sections of HL2: E2. Seriously great looking game though

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
_marrow_ said:
When You see the GTVA Colossus For the very first time in Freespace 2.
hells yeah! god that thing was rediculous, i could take like 2 minutes just flying from one end to the other

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
shatnershaman said:
In game-Mass attack with IG
Trailer-First Halo 3 trailer when you see Master Chief has the Assualt Rifle
you really like Halo.

Personally it was any moment in oblivion. But particularily the
awesome dragon demon battle at the end of the main quest.

But also the final moments with the boss in metal gear solid 3. I literally cried.
And in the graveyard with Old Snake in MGS4.
And when you submit to the torture and come across meryl's bloodstains on the concrete.

Sofandi

Apr 18, 2008
For me it would be these:

-The-tanker-leaving-port cutscene in Fallout 2
-Another World in general
-The sight of a helicopter and fellow marines evacuating in HL:OpFor, which then turns to horror as the G-Man slams the door in your face
-The final cutscene in Diablo:LOD is quite pretty

Albino Ninja

Nov 11, 2007
lots of parts in alone in the dark are particularly beautiful. I personally liked the part where you had to drive away from the destruction of the road whilst avoiding cars is simply amazing me and my friend were like WOW this is so cool.