The most beautiful sight in a video game

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
WC3:TFT
Arthas ascending the frozen throne, echoes of his father and jaina in his head with the power of the lich king calling him. taking a last hesitation before merging with Ner'zul. then seeing the barren frozen land.

HL1: Intro tram ride
HL2: Opening moments, seeing Nova Prospect in the distance. ending of EP2.
Age of Mythology: The Titans: a Long awaited map called "Lost Legion" shame I lost it :(
Bioshock: Going to rapture
Fallout3: Exiting the vault.

Super Metroid: half the bosses looked beyond awsome

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Exiting Vault 101, blinded by the light for a second, and seeing the outside world for the first time.

uberube

Mar 7, 2009
The confiscation field in half life 2 ep. 1 because you realize that you get the ubergravity gun

cthulhu257

Jul 24, 2008
In Call of Duty: WaW, at the end when Sgt. Reznov charges up with his machete, and absolutely BUTCHERS the German that shot you, in slow-motion no less. Especially cool that they even animated the blade shimmer right when you see him.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
AkJay said:
Fallout 3 when you first step out of Vault 101.
Most awe-inspiring? It's certainly up there. Most beautiful? You have a strange sense of beauty, my friend. ;)

A lot of the set-pieces from the God of War games were amazing. The beginning of the first Ghana level from Tomb Raider Legend was quite pretty as well...Lara even mentions that if all else fails, she could get into the postcard business.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Resident evil 3 - Ammo or herbs
(On the complete opposite though, worst sight = Nemesis. God you C&%$.!)

Mass effect when you're in the Mako and there's grouped enemies. Boom.
Also the snowblind rounds mod. Instant ice bitches!!

I'll also mention Oblivion, still play it now, if anyone has done Garridan's tears, I wish I could live there forever and ever.

Also, just any game when you've been stuck on a level and finally nail it.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
When I first landed on the Halo in Halo: CE. I looked out into the distance and instead of seeing the horizon, I just saw the ring curve up and over my head. Beautiful. One of my favorite moments in gaming.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Coming out of the vault in Fallout 3 to witness a strangely beautifully melancholic wasteland with the sun beating down upon you.

Landing upon Tallon IV in Metroid Prime to feel the first drops of rain upon your visor.

The first sight of Hyrule Field in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

The first time you enter The Dark World in Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

The second CD intro in Star Ocean 2.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Watching Archangel Tyrael destroy the Worldstone.

The world as will know it would cease to exit....

Of course until Diablo 3 comes out.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
The flying sand dragon in Shadow of the Colossus.
"The Assassin's View" in the new Prince of Persia.
Some of the views in Okami are spectacular.
The Fisherman in Half-Life 2: The Lost Coast.
Running around Casablanca in Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Having your entire team unload ALL their tactical aids on the same spot of the map (just for giggles)
Sliding down a sloped glass roof in Mirror's Edge with Physx enabled, while being shot. The shards of glass, the motion blur, the shaking camera, it's all beautiful.

Mar 9, 2009
In Left 4 Dead, watching the plane crash in Dead Air, pretty intense. Beating up Andrew Ryan in Bioshock, not exactly beautiful, but visceral. When you first walk outside in Fallout 3, priceless.

The_Bat_Dan

Feb 22, 2009
that part in CoD 4 when sgt. Jackson dies... not beautiful but mind blowing and unbelievably moving...