The most disappointing game sequels

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
the spud said:
I don't understand why he got banned...it wasn't offensive at all unless he slipped something under my nose...
Arontala said:
Am I missing something here, or was the OP banned for seemingly no reason at all?
It was cleverly disguised spam, but the mods have edited out the link now.

OT: For me it was Red Steel 2, while it was superior in many ways to the first game, in graphics and combat, just felt like it had something missing. Oh right, the story. While the first game wasn't going to win any awards for it's clichéd storyline (save your kidnapped girlfriend), at-least it was interesting and a good motivator. Number 2 moved down the rung to simply "the bad guys have taken over your clan's city, take it back." with no explanation of who you or anyone was.
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm assuming something like "Resident Evil 5" was a link to a site to buy the game, right? I've seen them before, but it should be damn obvious to anyone who reads the post.

OT: Tales of Symphonia 2, hands down. I'm still bitter about that game. Completely butchered it...

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Cridhe said:
Resident Evil 4 was bad enough to deserve mention, that's not fair to the equally craptastic 5.

*waits for obligatory DA2 comments, despite not being on the list and despite it being a fantastic game in and of itself*
Yeah. It really took a turn for the worse after the terrible camera angle, impossible to control and completely unscary game that was the previous iterations.

OT: I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 on steam, and while I am not going to say it's worse than it's predecessor, I vaguely remember the maps in the original Battlefront maps being much more well designed.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Bioshock 2 is the worst sequel I've played this gen. In fact, it's one of the worst games I've played in the past decade and I've played the Gears/MW and Bayonetta singleplayer campaigns, so it's definitely saying something. Seriously, nearly everything it could do wrong, it did wrong.

- Boring environment, since we've already been there before. Think DA2 is bad for re-using environments? Bioshock 2 is basically doing the same, only the entire world is re-used.
- Atrocious story, the only thing done well is how they handled the one character you're trying to save. Although the rest of the game being so shitty also has an effect on this.
- The game is even more broken than Bioshock 1, as in it only takes you a very small amount of time before you can just breeze through the game.
- One of the worst and most retarded antagonist ever. EVER! Think of a really shitty bad guy and it's probably a hundred times better than the shit you'll find in this game.
- The algorithm the first game used in order to pick the ending was pretty bad, but what eventually happened didn't have a lot of impact. This game actually does it worse.
- The devs are seriously just fucking with you with the end. Seriously. Fuck you 2K. Fuck you.

putowtin said:
spartandude said:
Foxpack1 said:
Force Unleashed 2

Anyone who says KOTOR 2 will be force choked from where I am.
I agree, KotOR II is may favourita game of all time
thirded!

I love Atton!
It might not be my favorite game of all time, but I definitely like the game and it's story, characters and the choices you have to make are definitely superior to the first (except for HK-47)

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
Zajber said:
and I'm not even gonna go into why Fallout 3 shouldn't be anywhere near this list, that's common sense and logic.
I selected Fallout 3 as my all-time worst because of the awful dialogue, the weak story, the (at times, not all) rediculous quests (Arefu, Wasteland Survival Guide) and the lack of verisimilitude (Blowing up Megaton's nuke only destroys the city, for instance).

Worst of all, the developer just didn't get Fallout: The first installment was about coming to terms with a life after a nuclear holocaust, the second about rebuilding civilisation and Vegas was about civlisation repeating the mistakes of the past. What was 3 about? A water purifier (and one built at the wrong end of a river, by the way)? Knights vs. Mutants?

The only good thing I can say about Fallout 3 is that it made New Vegas possible; otherwise the series could have better been left in its grave.

Also, having an opinion is not the same as trolling.

Jmurray21

Feb 7, 2011
For me it has to be both Red Faction Armageddon and Crackdown 2.

RFA was a major let down. I loved RFG and to see the series go from an awesome sandbox to a shooter/weak horror was depressing

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
I hate to say Bioshock 2 because it had to live up to the first but it just wasn't as good, they should've just gone straight onto Infinite.

Other than that.. every sequel made after the original Tenchu game. Same with the Driver games (although I haven't played the latest one yet) and Soul Calibur 4.

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Silent Hill 2...

Gotcha

Half-Life 2...

Gotcha again

aaaanyway... Fable 2. Fable 1 was just so much better. I remember seeing that cardboard cutout with the half-light half-dark kid in gamestop about a year or two before Fable came out. I didn't follow video game new back then, there really wasn't much to follow back then anyway, but based solely on that cutout I was ecstatic to finally get Fable and when I got it... it... was.. incredible. I played through that game like 14 times (including the lost chapters).

...and then Fable 2 came out... eh...

targren

May 13, 2009
I probably won't get many takers to agree with me, but I'm willing to say it and stand by it:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Playing it without a guide, it's an exercise in pain. Getting 90% through a dungeon only to run out of time and have to do half of it over again, the silly, convoluted guessing games involved in the "happy sticker" quests... and that stupid mailman's "exactly 10 seconds" minigame...

*twitch*