The most disturbing fan fiction you have ever read.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
"My Immortal" Thankfully I haven't actually read that piece of shit myself, but the sample I got from Encyclopedia Dramatica was disturbing enough.
Count yourself lucky. I read it on a bet once and I've never been able to forget it. The horror! THE HORROR!

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
It'd be hard to pin down an individual fanfic because i've seen a weirdly large number of murder/suicide fanfics relating to old kid cartoons. In fact i'm hard pressed to find fanfics that didn't disturb me on some level.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
HA. When I saw this I guessed that the first one would be Cupcakes.

Lucky for me I normally read descriptions first, then decide whether or not to read. All the tags they come with on certain sites certainly help.
I don't read anything tagged Grimdark or Dark unless it has a Comedy tag as well and the comments say it isn't so bad.

Anyway back on topic.
I think mine would have to be "The Cough". It's short but disturbing. My Little Pony fanfiction. Basically it's post apocalyptic and the world has been wiped out because of some virus disaster(possibly zombie).
One of the main characters starts to cough and because that's the only warning they get someone is infected they then have to kill that pony. I think it ends up being Rainbow Dash having to kill Fluttershy by kicking her in the head.
It's brutal and disturbing in a non-graphic way(it takes place in the dark).

Maybe not as bad "Cupcakes" or "Sweet Apple Masacre" but this is grim in a different way and it haunted me for a while after reading. After that I follow the rule about Grimdark/Dark stuff that I have written above.

NastoK

Jun 4, 2011
saintdane05 said:
For me, its the MLP fanfic "Cupcakes"
I haven't read much fan fiction, but I did read Cupcakes. In fact, that's what popped into mind when I read the title of the thread. So yeah, Cupcakes.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... the one where Tom Riddle in his younger days hires Indiana Jones as a guide whilst looking for magical artifacts of the founders of Hogwarts, and they have sweet sweet sex in the middle of some ruins... thats the most disturbing thing i have ever read but the funny thing is that it got some great reviews because the author managed to keep both characters unchanged from canon!...

If you enjoy the idea of having the greatest evil wizard of all times (age 19) getting it on with the most charming treasure hunter ever existed before Natan Drake (this is a joke, no one beats Indiana Jones in charm) or if you have a sick sense of curiosity and would like to read the whole thing, you can look it up, the Fanfic is called "Riddles of the Dead" and was written by "Maeglin Yedi", it is NSFW, actually i would make that "NSFS" (Not Safe For Straight) because it describes some things quite graphically and i felt a little bit nauseated when i read it.

yah, thats the most disturbing thing i ever read.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
"My Immortal" Thankfully I haven't actually read that piece of shit myself, but the sample I got from Encyclopedia Dramatica was disturbing enough.
Actually, I remember hearing a live reading of that story, which is up on Youtube now. That one reading made My Immortal tolerable for me, because it was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

gamergal126

Mar 28, 2008
Mine was Animal Crossing by Chewbot. The link is http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/ I've never read the one your talking about but this one is pretty creepy

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Pearwood said:
canadamus_prime said:
Ah My Immortal, one of the great works of modern literacy. My avatar comes from there :)

For me it's probably Celebrian or Agony in Pink. I'm not going to describe them but if you want to read them be prepared for the worst.
Agony in Pink... *shudders* A friend emailed that to me as a joke.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I was bored one day and read a Sonic Fan Fiction. I vomited after and felt like I had to go to confession. Worst decision ever.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Ahh, good, as long as my baby Argonian Eating Orc (from Skyrim) isn't mentioned here, all is well...

Good work citzens, carry on...

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
I have a hobby to hunt down bad fanfiction, and I've found a few. Although the worst one i've found would either have to be the one Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines that put the characters from the game into a FREAKING HIGHSCHOOL AU!!

The main character was a stuck up ***** Sue. It was almost as if the author never actually played the game and just looked it up on Wikipedia or saw pictures on DeviantArt. The plot was that- ugh, I get pissed off just thinking about it- LaCroix is a new student at this highschool and the main character instantly developes a crush on him and wants to hook up with him. She figures that since he's running for school president that the best way to hook up would be for her to also run and become Vice President.

In order for her to do that though, she needs to knock- wait for it- Nines Rodrigus out of the polls. So she goes up to him and asks. Yeah. I think there was a line about him trying to make the school better, and how that was stupid because that's not what school's for. Some shit like that. So she asks him and Damsel is there because APPARENTLY her and Nines are going out. *Head desk* So Damsel says something like: She (main character) probably has a crush on LaCroix and that's why she's asking! Then the main character punches Damsel in the face, knocking her down. *HEAD DESK*

So Nines says: Fine, whatever, I'll drop out of the race.

Ugh- so anyways Then theres a dinner thing for the candidates, and the main character asks out LaCroix, who instantly says yes.

And that's all that there was.

I didn't mention how badly the characters and the spirit of Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines was maimed did I? To begin with, Yuki the Demon Slayer is a stereotypical Japanese school girl and the main character's best friend along with Therese Voreman. For those of you who have played the game far enough to know what the deal is with Therese and her twin sister Jeanette, you might think "Hey! At least Jeanette cant be there!". Well she is. And apparently she, V.V., and Venus are the school bullies/sluts. Damsel is turned into a complete idiot, Nines is a pushover, and Tung is a teacher who never shows up to class and teaches via speakers.

But the WORST OFFENCE, the absolute WORST mauling of a character happens to Heather Poe. This is what the Fic has to say about her:

"O.M.G.! Hi, Persi! Hi, Therese! Ohayo, Yukie!"

The moment me, Therese, and Yukie walk in, we're assaulted by old clingy four eyes herself: Heather Poe. UGH, the ***** is CONSTANTLY following us around trying to be our friend. It's SOOOOOOOOOO annoying! She even horribly dyed her hair in a vain attempt to make it look like mine! I don't even know why she goes to this school. ***** is such a Goodwiller.

"Oh my fucking god, Heather, didn't I tell you NE-VER to call me that? You are not my fucking friend! Piss off!" I yelled at her. Jesus Christ, what did I tell you? And she's not even the worst girl in the class!

Yeah. Sorry about such a long post, but that Fic was truly terrible. If you want (for some reason) to see the terribleness yourself, it's called You Belong With Me and it's in the Vampire section in the Game Fanfiction on fanfiction.net. You have been warned.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
I'm hoping the System Shock fanfic I'm reading will turn out to be disturbing.

In a good way :D just like the games.

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
For me it's probably Celebrian or Agony in Pink. I'm not going to describe them but if you want to read them be prepared for the worst.
Celebrian...*shudder*

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
rayen020 said:
any twilight fanfic ever. But looing at the source material it isn't surprising... oh wait that i've ever read?
Actually, given how shit Twilight is, there's a good chance of finding stuff better than the original material among fanfiction.