The most exercise you've ever done

CrematedCube

Nov 22, 2010
The most physically exhausting thing I've ever done was probably the time I helped my friend move when I was 16.
We had one day to get all their stuff out of their 4-bedroom 4-bathroom house onto the moving truck. (They got hit hard and couldn't afford it)
The two moving guys and I created a three-step motion so we could deal with upstairs.
I moved stuff down, one brought stuff out, and the other loaded it on the truck.
After a while we were working at a very fast clip and sustained it for over an hour.
By the end of that routine I was drenched in sweat, but the guys offered to lighten the price of the move for the volunteer work.
While I had done some yard work and heavy lifting before, nothing was as intensive as that.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Try clamping down silage: Pull a several hundred square meter black plastic bag over 300 tonnes of grass, use 400 used, rotting and dirty water ridden tyres to secure the plastic down.

And its more fun in a thunderstorm.

The dirt will be in your skin for a week after and you're limbs will be so dead you will hurt for days.

May 29, 2011
I built a pool with my dad. In one day. We started before sunrise and finished at sundown. Carrying bricks. Laying cement. Shoveling dirt. For at least 14 hours straight with only a few 20 minute breaks for food.

And I was 12.

Beat that.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
About 3 hours of non stop kayaking with about 3 hours of football (American football) immediately afterward.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
Marathon. Immediately followed by a 200 kilometer bike ride.

It wasn't too bad during the marathon, afterwards it hurt to stand up. After the bike ride it also hurt to sit down.

Not a great combination.

Good for the pride, though.

Nemo____

Feb 3, 2011
Months of military training. Ate 9000 calories a day and lost weight. Awake before dawn for an 8k run, on your feet for the next 16 hours, 5 days a week.

Apprentice88

Jun 16, 2011
basic stretching, 50 push up's, 50 sit up's, 100 leg raises (Front Kicks over head), 100 outside Crescent Kicks, 100 inside Crescent Kicks, 5 minutes of Jogging, 5 minutes of Horse stance, and that's the warm up done.

Then about an Hour of;

then for the cool down we do circuit training;
non-stop push ups, sit ups, jump push ups, straight punches into bags, roundhouse kicks into bags, for 2 minutes each; followed by stretches...

...and that concludes my Thursday nights.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Does my job count? I'm a cart pusher at Walmart and refuse to use the motorized cart pusher machine thing.

Asti

Jun 23, 2011
I ran 10 km once. Took me like 1,5 hours, but I made it. Which was more than I would ever have expected.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Every year I go to teach Judo at camp n we do about 6 hours of judo a day. Judo tends to be very intence cardio since it requires your entire body and its your force against your opponents. Every year this one girl comes in to do this one class which we just do squats which doesnt sound like much but 2 hours of walking in squating position across a giant gym really makes your thighs hurt.

Aisyah Fatihah

Jan 21, 2011
Whenever my school does a cross country running. I'm always tempted to quit (or at least run inside for a drink) whenever I see my house along the way.

XaVierDK

Jan 16, 2008
In one go, it's probably walking 16 miles in mountainous terrain in Kosovo with full combat-gear in 4h 45min... Other than that, somewhere along the lines of walking 60km in 3 days with full gear, while having different excersises and disciplines in between (tactical first aid for 4 hours for one.. Involves a lot of carrying buddies etc.), also in full gear..
Or 12 hours straight of combat training, from 10 in the morning to 10 in the evening... I was dead tired afterwards.. And the day wasn't over yet o_O

You kinda get in better shape in the danish army (well, I did anyway ^^ )

I also do 2-2½ hour workouts 3-4 times a week, and run 3-4 miles in boots 1-2 times a week :)

Best Regards :)

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Over a stretch of time: 1 year in the army (lots of shit... and still on going)

Recently: 12km run ( with a 14,16 and 21 coming up)

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Numerous all-day hikes, plus that phase I went when I'd do about 150 push-ups, burpees and sit-ups daily. And I'm still like a bloody twig. Can't wait to have gym access.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Walked 15 kilometers while carrying a backpack on 20kg.

My stamina sucked back then.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Duration wise, I think I did two straight hours of cardio on an elliptical.
But I've always geared towards strength training. I'm most proud of having done 305lbs benchpress (two rep).
I used to do 500 reps (40lbs) bicep curls 15 times a month. My arms were in wicked shape back then.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
hmmm does army count otherwise THE "beret-march" (earning the "right" to wear the beret).
Total: walking 40h or so (hard to count) in full equipment(weight: ~30 kg or ~65 lbs), total sleep ~5h, climbing 3h, some drills (like a fun surprise assault after 1,5h sleep... yey) about 10h, food well about a portion each under the whole march. O yea, did (not) "forget" -20C (-4F) on the warmest time of the day and sunlight for about 10h/day and snow everywhere mostly waist deep... O Yea don't forget a dip in the ICE water (had to ask for permission to get up..) and run your self warm. Do not try this without a "pro" ignoring you... most of the time where "March to that point, you have 2h. See you there". Really a group got "lost" and where not "found" before they got driven to the right place by locals... ;-P

I (and everyone else there) had hard doing anything the following week (might also have something to do with the alcohol we used up to celebrate on the weekend), and understand that everyone survived (all did not finish though, I did)...