The most frivolous thing you can do with $100 billion

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Of course if any of us came into a hundred billion dollars we'd probably pour some back into the community. The homeless, animal shelters, our friends and family, that sort of thing.
So I don't want to hear all the responsible, 'right' things you'd do with a fat sack of cash. It's boring, you're boring, go away.

But we all have little fantasies of what we'd do with our shares. I want your most frivolous, useless, wasteful expenditures you can possible imagine. Something that is a lot of fun for you and makes an impression, good or bad, on people.

For me, the only wild thing I'd do with $100 billion is every time I used public transport, I'd buy every single passenger slot on the vehicle. Ferry, airliner, bus, whatever - I'd book as far in advance as possible and bag ALL the seats I can.
I'd turn up for the trip and watch the crew go "What the hell? Where is everybody?"
I'm talking all four-five hundred seats on a long-haul international flight. Four pilots, a dozen or so flight attendants, an enormous airliner and you in the sky for 13 hours.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Step 1: Buy the biggest god damned pair of gold and diamond sunglasses that 100 billion will permit.

Step 2: Look like a ponce.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Buy an island. Kick everyone off of it, no warning, drop everything where it is and get off my damn lawn. Let the towns become ghost towns.

Sell tickets so people can wander around and get creeped out.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Bertylicious said:
Fund a Uwe Boll & Michael Bay live action Dizzy collaboration.
you are an evil person

I'd fund a secret para-military organization that'd send demo-teams around to knock out spam servers all over the world

you know, use the money to do good - but in a frivolous way

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
Wallpaper my house with it. And hire someone to walk around in front of me throwing money on the ground for me to walk on so that my shoes don't have to touch the floor. Hiring someone to pick it up afterwards optional.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I'd pay off every Neilson family that's used for TV ratinds I could get my hooks into and have them stop watching all reality TV immediately...just keep their TVs tuned to sci-fi and cartoons. Then laugh when all those crappy shows get cancelled.

or does that count as doing something good for humanity?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I would buy my own country, then sink it into the sea floor.

On a second thought I could turn it into the first underwater city. Hmmm which doesn't seem nearly as frivolous. Strange how I just thought of that... must be the jew in me.

Something more realistic, buy/build my own island. Plant a T-line connect and have it near a major port like Miami or something. Put up some walls to keep people from coming to the island. Spend my days playing video games in peace and quiet. Oh I would finally be able to look at stars without light pollution.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Make myself Emperor of the Moon.

100 billion is probably enough for a self-sustaining habitat on the moon, plus some von-neumann-capable robots to expand my dominion.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
The space around the Earth for like 1000 km and then charge rent to all the satellites and the International Space Station and anyone wanting to travel through has to pay a toll..

A toll for what you may ask, for maintaining space thats what, also litter collection, also maintaining the space-time continuum

I also shall provide an optional firewall for paying countries on Earth (you know blocking asteroids and nukes and aliens)

And with all this I think I should have a permanent money making scheme so I can forget that I even spent 100 billion on buying out the Earth's close-orbit space..

Oh and I hear space is a great place for advertising so we can add that into my profits