The Most Memorable Villain in Video Games

Tyrant_Valvatorez

Mar 29, 2013
Manfred Von Karma the guy is obsessed with perfection to the point that he will harbor a mean grudge,also has a rather twisted perception of "justice". What really makes him memorable though is unlike most other villains he has no powers and is just a prosecutor who will bend the rules to get his verdict.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I'd have to say The Prophet of Truth From Halo 2 and 3. He was clearly an asshole, but he was doing what he thought was right and had an incredible sense of Gravitas to him. One of his speeches can be found here. It starts at 1:58.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
I want to say Majora... but more memorabe and importantly villainous (though not necessarily a sentient villain) was this:

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to sleep?"

No matter where you go in the game, this is always visible and always growing.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Also have to agree with Kefka - He's one of the few villains that actually succeeded in their evil schemes; all you can do is get rid of the guy so that at least part of the world can return to normal.

Second place goes to Ganon, even though whenever he does gain control it's nowhere near the scale that is Kefka's.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I've always been a fan of this guy:

Those that do not recognize this man... Well, I would have either no words for you or choice words.

Out of all of the games I have played, Kane sticks out in my mind as the most memorable villain. Perhaps it was the fact that he was so damned incideous. He would show up out of nowhere, and just when you thought you had finally vanquished him, there he was again, trying to destroy your base.

I will ignore the crap that was C&C4 though. They really screwed him over and did not do him any justice in that ending.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
AgentLampshade said:
Now THAT was shakespearean. Othello anyone?

My pick would be Glados. Even when she is powerless and isn't trying to kill you, she is fantastic. A villainess that isn't confined to her final boss room nor the boundries of sanity. She is almost like the perfect housewife. Good with kids, neat with her house, and a damn good cook. Too bad she is married with science.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
I have to cast my vote for Hazama from the BlazBlue games, He is so FUN! He so delightfully evil I can't help but love him.

His entire role in the plot is him basically rolling around other people's story modes ruining their day then showing up to wreck face in the final boss stage in his Unlimited Mode. He outclasses everyone in the cast by far, he never even considers them a threat to him pretty much. He is faux-modest about it just to be more hilarious.

"I'm not really the fighting kind of guy y'know?"

He only hates Rachel, not because she is one of the few who can match him in a fair fight but because she has a habit of saving his would be victims by teleporting them out at random.

"Damn vampire! You LIVE to cockblock me don't you?! Well UNlive. You get the point"

He is also one stylin' dude.

Tell me that isn't the most stylish suit you have ever seen?
Ah yes, fighting game baddies. The most charismatic of them all.

OT: I dunno about you guys, but senator Armstrong from MGR:Revengeance will be remembered by me for a long time.
There is just something about him that makes me like him despite him being a batard.

Also, Rugal Berstein from King of Fighters series
I just like villains that are elegant without being overly-feminine (yes, JRPGs, I am looking at you). Also, he has great moveset.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
wintercoat said:
Agreed on both points. Saren is a big part of why I love ME1 so much.

The Wykydtron said:
Ninja'd! Hazama really is a great villain. They don't call him the "King of Trolls" for nothing.

"NOW GO KILL THE SHIT OUT OF AMATERASU!"

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Fappy said:
wintercoat said:

The Wykydtron said:
Ninja'd! Hazama really is a great villain. They don't call him the "King of Trolls" for nothing.

Thinking about it, would Mu count as a villain? She is a living weapon of epic proportions wielding the Sword of the Godslayer after all. She is the ascended form of (most certainly not villainous) Noel Vermillion but still... Being custom made to wipe out all life is a rather villainous trait.

Then again after getting wrecked by every single person online with her i'm beginning to doubt her godliness. I usually would put Style over Practicality but i'll make an exception in her case. SO SQUISHY! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The Wykydtron said:
Fappy said:
wintercoat said:

The Wykydtron said:

Thinking about it, would Mu count as a villain? She is a living weapon of epic proportions wielding the Sword of the Godslayer after all. She is the ascended form of (most certainly not villainous) Noel Vermillion but still... Being custom made to wipe out all life is a rather villainous trait.

Then again after getting wrecked by every single person online with her i'm beginning to doubt her godliness. I usually would put Style over Practicality but i'll make an exception in her case. SO SQUISHY! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
She's just kind of a mindless killing machine and in the next game Noel supposedly has the ability to transform into Mu and retain her sanity, so I wouldn't really consider Mu a villain.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Iconic? The Joker. I can't think of one that pops into my head any faster. And I am NOT a comic book guy.

Memorable? Handsome Jack.

'Nuff said about this.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jetstream Sam.

Dude outclasses Raiden by an insane degree when they first meet, he takes his arm, his eye, taunts him, gets inside his head and contributes heavily to Raiden slipping back into his "Jack the Ripper" mindset.

And I fucking love him. Also:

Dat soundtrack!

Tyrant_Valvatorez

Mar 29, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
Tyrant_Valvatorez said:
Manfred Von Karma the guy is obsessed with perfection to the point that he will harbor a mean grudge,also has a rather twisted perception of "justice". What really makes him memorable though is unlike most other villains he has no powers and is just a prosecutor who will bend the rules to get his verdict.
Agreed, made even more sinister by the fact that...
He shot and killed Edgeworths father simply because it ruined his perfect record, Manfred also made Edgeworth believe that it was he who shot his dad. He also got shot by Edgeworth (the shot he mistakenly believed killed his father) and never removed the bullet because that would have left evidence. He also raised Edgeworth and twisted his views on the law, needing to be saved by Pheonix.

Truly, one of the most diabolical villains ever.
The Ace Attorney series has awesome villains in general, Von Karma was one of the few that could actually be mentioned without his name being a spoiler.

Dahlia Hawethorne causing trouble beyond the grave and Morgan Fey orchestrating the majority of Bridge to The Turnabout deserve a mention.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Kefka! First time I played the game and we were going to stop Gestahl and them from abusing the magical statues, I seriously thought the game was over.

Then...
You get your asses kicked, run away, and he kills the god damn world. Celes tries to kill herself and everyone has pretty much given up because they failed. Then you get the band back together basically for revenge.

Also, all the...Deuteragonists? Not sure how to call Hikawa and them, since I don't exactly think of them as just antagonists. But the other folks with Reasons in SMT: Nocturne. Chiaki had so much charisma! Was great.

Duragon C. Mikado from The Bouncer was cool.

Queen Brahne was awesome.

Albert Simon from Shadow Hearts.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Sarah Kerrigan, particularly the one I was introduced to in Starcraft 2 WoL and HoTS. She's a badass! Then again I guess you can argue that after WoL she wasn't necessarily a villain anymore, even though she did some questionable stuff.

Also, Andrew Ryan....I don't even need to explain why this guy is awesome. Dat speech at the end man, dat speech.

Jack of Blades from Fable 1 as well. Now that dude was iconic in my opinion. Had a kick ass voice, was smart on all levels, and always remained one step ahead of you. The classic villain perfected in my opinion.

All I can think for now, I am sure I am missing some.