The most OP Bosses in existence?

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
General Tor from Iji, on maximum charge!
(You must read maximum charge in a deep, booming voice)

Seriously, though. The battle developed into a bullet hell, which is not conductive to gameplay because Iji is so damn slow.

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Azazel from Tekken 6. Seriously fuck that boss, it just pisses me off.
Ah Azazel...made my friend rage so hard so many times. The trick with him is to just block nearly all the time. Only move that ever really got me is when he gets back up but he does so from falling from the sky. When you attack, you just got to keep a strong offensive. So when I used to play that game, Azazel was quite easy. Still, before I got used to his antics I thought he was so damn annoying.

It seems normal though for a fighting game to have an OP boss (slightly looking at you Seth).

Vinny Day

Aug 2, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
I'd just like to submit that just because a boss is hard doesn't mean it's over powered.
that is a good point, but what is meant by overpowered is... lets say... if DR Wily (MM2) was an early boss for no apparent reason, with a difficulty spike ramming you RIGHT up an orifice you'd rather not have rammed into, that's OP.
or, in other words, any enemy in 4D mode in SO3.
or any bullet hell type game's average enemy.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Vinny Day said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'd just like to submit that just because a boss is hard doesn't mean it's over powered.
that is a good point, but what is meant by overpowered is... lets say... if DR Wily (MM2) was an early boss for no apparent reason, with a difficulty spike ramming you RIGHT up an orifice you'd rather not have rammed into, that's OP.
or, in other words, any enemy in 4D mode in SO3.
or any bullet hell type game's average enemy.
Yeah, but I couldn't help but notice that more than a few people were just naming off hard bosses and justifying their OP-ness by stating that they're hard; which is why I felt obligated to point out that just because a boss is hard doesn't mean it's overpowered. Besides, my idea of an overpowered boss would be one that would have an extremely devasting attack that did massive damage and was literally impossible to dodge, or in the case of say a JRPG (or any other game with similar turn-based combat, party-oriented game mechanics) smash the entire party and has no qualms about spamming you with it; like say for example Nyx from Persona 3. I know he's supposed to be the final boss, but damn it was that uber-devastating kill-all attack of his really necessary?

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
erttheking said:
I doubt that anyone didn't think that these two were major pains in the asses.
http://www.vgarabia.com/images/2012/03/ornstein-and-smough.png

On another note, there's the Duex Ex HR bosses.
I didn't have too much trouble with them originally...and then the crystal ring shield got nerfed into the ground >_>

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
NoPants2win said:
The Mantis Ant. If it wasn't impossible to die I would still be stuck on that thing.
That's because magic is unbelievably broken in Secret of Mana...Spiky Tiger was probably the hardest boss in the game since you started getting magic after you beat him.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
erttheking said:
On another note, there's the Duex Ex HR bosses.
You can actually beat all but one of them without firing a shot pretty easily--not counting when you have to shoot the last boss. And the one you do have to shoot for, you don't actually have to shoot the boss.

OT: The only one coming to mind right now is the military boss from Dead Rising 2, but that's just cause I was playing it recently. It's a pain to get hit by him because you get stun-locked until he's gotten a chance to shoot you then throw you across the room just to get shot again.

Uikri

Jul 28, 2012
Vinny Day said:
Hey, i know there has most likely been a million of these threads already, but i want to know who the most annoying/overpowered/cheap, etc. boss or bosses you can think of are.
I'll start this off shall i?
The bloody Black Knights in Dark souls. I know they aren't Bosses per-se, but they made me rage like a boss, so it counts.
What are all you guys thoughts??
cheers :)
The robot that guards the Boost Ball in Metroid Prime 3, especially in Hyper Mode.

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
Splatter House 2, the 4th levels boss. I hated this thing. I mean I HATED it. I spent soooooo long as a kid trying to beat it over and over. Then finally beat it and what happens? It transforms into some little spider thing with insane speed that's pretty bloody hard to dodge. Then again, I haven't tried this since I was young.