The most OP Bosses in existence?

Vinny Day

Aug 2, 2011
Hey, i know there has most likely been a million of these threads already, but i want to know who the most annoying/overpowered/cheap, etc. boss or bosses you can think of are.
I'll start this off shall i?
The bloody Black Knights in Dark souls. I know they aren't Bosses per-se, but they made me rage like a boss, so it counts.
What are all you guys thoughts??
cheers :)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Here's a pretty good example of an overpowered boss.

Alpha - 152 from Dead or Alive 4:

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Azazel from Tekken 6. Seriously fuck that boss, it just pisses me off.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Kazdan Paratus from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on Sith Master difficulty.

Fuck. You. And. Your. Stupid. Fucking. Junk.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
The Pandemonium Warden in Final Fantasy: XI couldn't be beat by an entire guild of players after 18 hours.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/08/pandemonium-war/

Though to be fair, after this happened Square-Enix put a 2-hour cap on all fights of this nature, saying there was a trick to beating it, but they're going to leave the community to figure it out. Now PM has been beaten multiple times in a reasonable amount of time :)

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Barthandalus (2nd time) in FFXIII.

Not everyone has issues with him but I sure as hell did. Spamming half a billion status effects while using strong attacks makes him infuriating to fight. I could have 3 medics spamming cures and esunas and I'd barely be keeping up with the spam.

That and he uses his insta-kill spell at the end of the fight that kills you if you can't beat him in a set amount of time.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
AS much as I wish to say the final fight with Riku from KH, my real calling spills out to this...

Or at least I found him challenging....

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Way back in the ps2 rpg days Arc the lad 4 had a stupidly hard boss. The game till then was a cinch, but the boss was just bloody ridiculous and required hours upon hours of grinding. Horaay.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Any boss from the King of Fighters really. Hell, they're the namers for the trope: SNK Boss Syndrome.

Insanely difficult to hit, stupidly OP and they never ever ever stop taunting you. Plus, their blocks are crazy. ._.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Elizabeth Green, from PROTOTYPE 1

There's a ton of factors that make it more OP than it has to be, but multiple health bars, only takes damage at a certain point, you die if you take a moment to breath, long and repetitive, most of your attacks are effectively useless, except the long range tentacle and the blade arm airdrop, constantly fighting infinitely spawning elite enemies and, lastly, she regularly fires that death blossom of you-seeking green bullshit missiles.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009

This guy is a ************ who will wreck your shit at the slightest mistake.

And he's a grasshopper. Dammit Square.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I doubt that anyone didn't think that these two were major pains in the asses.
http://www.vgarabia.com/images/2012/03/ornstein-and-smough.png

On another note, there's the Duex Ex HR bosses.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I'll second the Deus Ex HR bosses, if only because they just don't fit the game at all. You can be stealthing it up when all of a sudden you are forced to take down some teleporting ninja ***** with insane health who can kill you in a matter of seconds. God help those who didn't have at least some upgrades to combat.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
With out a doubt, the Demi-Fiend in Digital Devil Saga:

Runners up are...

Sir Henry ************, of No More Heroes fame, who poses quite a challenge, especially before you learn how to dodge this:

And fucking Vargas, from Final Fantasy VI, who I have to retry like a bajillion times every time I try to avoid levelling up until you get access to Espers:

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
II2 said:
Elizabeth Green, from PROTOTYPE 1

There's a ton of factors that make it more OP than it has to be, but multiple health bars, only takes damage at a certain point, you die if you take a moment to breath, long and repetitive, most of your attacks are effectively useless, except the long range tentacle and the blade arm airdrop, constantly fighting infinitely spawning elite enemies and, lastly, she regularly fires that death blossom of you-seeking green bullshit missiles.
I don't remember her being that hard, honestly. I just kept picking up and throwing cars/tanks/whatever at her, staying up in the air or on walls as much as possible.

OT: Ruby and Emerald Weapons. I'm sorry, but if it requires max level and one exact setup of equipment (or materia in this case) to have any chance of beating in less than two hours, it's too OP.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
The final boss in Ar Tonelico 2. In the Japanese version the boss had a supermove that Americans thought was too hard so they took it out. Unfortunately they didn't reprogram it so it still tries to do it and doesn't find anything and crashes the game, which I think is more super than if they would have just left it in there.

Also extra bosses I haven't fought yet that I heard were really hard Rodin from Bayonetta and Demi-fiend from Digital Devil Saga.

Esotera

May 5, 2011

He takes far too long to kill. I suppose if you count Hunters in Halo as bosses, they can be insanely overpowered if you play with all the skulls and highest difficulty.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The "final boss" of Miles Edgeworth: Investigations was insane. Such a huge, long, drawn out section of difficult cross-examination to the point where it even makes fun of itself for doing so.

It was totally awesome but still it can be summed up as:

MY DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY IS TOO POWERFUL TO LET THIS GAME END!

HUBJECTION!!!!!!!

Also any boss in The Answer in Persona 3. The difficulty is stuck on Hard and you can't use the anti-grinding system the game usually has. So grind them dungeons for an hour and maybe you'll beat it this time around!

Shame I gave up after the first few dungeons. I really liked Metris as well. At least I think that was her name, the new robot chick. That one.

I may look up a Let's Play just for the story. Meh I doubt it's that important.

Also Mitsuo in Persona 4. You let him regrow the shield form once or twice and you're fucked.

Oh A thread about OP stuff?! Darius counts as a boss in every game of League he's in dammit! Press R repeatedly to wreck bitches! I won't stop shouting about it gtfo!

His grab range is hell of a long longer than the animation says it is. You can be well out of it and he just grabs you through sheer force of will and destroys your face. Or you can be Morgana and say "bitches I am Morgana. I will not stand for any of this "Crowd Control" bullshit!" *Throws on shield and swaggers away*

I hate how she's permabanned in Ranked... Ban Kassadin, sure but Morgana isn't as ungankable as people think! No really! It's not like she can swagger through Gankplanks' ultima-oh she can? Oh...

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Queen Myrah from Gears of War 3. (I've never played Gears 1 but I hear RAAM is equally annoying)

On insanity a bajillion Theron guards spawn throughout the fight, you can't exactly fight very well since they'll keep re-spawning and you ~need~ to DPS the boss otherwise she'll destroy the tower and its game over. So basically it's ~extremely~ hard to find any safe cover at all.

Captcha: sorry sight - Yes, yes I was.