The most re-watchable TV series?

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Firefly. Looks good in blu ray, even with so-so visual effects.
Battlestar Galactica. Also got the blu ray box set for this. Typically I tend to watch episodes from season 1 and 2 mostly, but there are gems in all seasons.
I like scrubs. But typically no more than one episode at a time.
Also, I can vouch for the timelessness of Star Trek the Next Generation. I just got the remastered blu ray set of season 1 and that's what is going to tuck me to bed the next couple of weeks. And yes, the remastering makes a world of difference. Every piece of visual effect has been redone and the new transcoding looks really spiffy.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
It dawned on me recently that I had watched all 3 seasons of Arrested Development within a reasonably short amount of time (somewhere at about a month). And yet, I could easily watch it all again because I enjoy it that much and I pick up new things each time I watch it.

I've also experienced this with Community as well, however not to the sort of scale.

So, Escapists, what do you consider to be the show you could most watch over again and again?
Or am I in the minority?

And now time for the chicken dance.

On this topic, I have to agree with you, I just loop Arrested Development when I can't think of anything else, and it's funny EVERY TIME. South Park is a pretty good fallback too, especially watching the old seasons after not seeing them for a long time.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Never seen Arrested Development, maybe because I'm English, perhaps I should

I tell you what? I never get sick of comedies but it's only comedies

I've seen Death Note a few times and that's still incredible but comedies are just so re-watchable it's silly.

Peep Show, IT Crowd and Father Ted in particular are just so good I could watch them forever

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I'd say The Simpsons.

Although I am on my third re-watch of LOST, and I'd watch Breaking Bad again no problem - I think that the program we end up re-watching the most is The Simpsons, but not usually through choice. Family Guy too I guess is in the same category - they must have excellent time slots, there's usually nothing else on. I have, will, would re-watch any series of The Trailer Park Boys... That was an incredible show, the best comedy show ever made and I'll hammer anyone who says differently :D - Ricky, Julien and Bubbles feel like family to me.

There are a few series that I just wouldn't re-watch, like Prison Break - that whole show was like escaping from prison... you think your getting out, then bam! - someone fucks something up, before you know it 10 episodes have passed and pretty much nothing has changed. The first series was good, then it just got tedious. I wouldn't re-watch Fringe, or Alcatraz (Ha!, there's one show that was doomed from the start).

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
VeryOddGamer said:
Only two mentions of Monty Python's Flying Circus?
I am very disappointed in you.

Monty Python, a big part of my childhood? Never.
I'd have included Python, but I only have the episodes on VHS and I no longer own a VHS player. I used to watch the German episodes over and over again. I also have all the books and cds, but I haven't really done anything with them in a few years. :(

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Coreless said:
You know, I never really felt that way with the Borg in Voyager. I always looked at it that it took an even greater threat then themselves to finally make them panic with Species 8472. The fact that they couldn't come up with a solution that only Voyager discovered necessitated they didn't have much choice and had to change out of desperation which I never thought was beyond the Borg just unlikely since they always had superior weapons and tech.

I don't remember them destroying many Borg ships at all in the series to be honest, every time they found one they ran, I think the only one they destroyed was on that episode with the 29th century borg drone and that ship was only a borg sphere.
I have to admit that the stuff with Species 8472 didn't bother me much. I could actually get behind that a fair bit since it was bound to happen that the Borg might piss off someone that they didn't know how to fight. It was mostly the handling of them later. I'll admit I may have been exaggerating about the number of Borg ships they destroyed as my memory is fuzzy and I can't remember how often that actually happened. But they certainly encountered the Borg a lot and made it away relatively unscathed every time. Considering we're talking about a race which not only destroyed 50 ships the first time they decided to stroll through the Alpha Quadrant to assimilate Earth, but should really be advancing exponentially with the number of species they assimilate and their integration with technology, the idea that Voyager could infiltrate Borg cubes and evade them so often struck me as a bit far fetched and really brought the Borg down a few notches for me from where I thought they should be on the threat scale.

But that's just my personal opinion. I realize other people are going to feel differently, and credit where it's due, some villains like the Hirogen or however it's spelled were pretty cool at times and well handled. I just didn't feel like the Borg were treated as well as they should have been post Species 8472.

MattyintheHatty

Feb 3, 2011
I am a big fan of Dexter and Breaking Bad, but lately I have been we watching Battlestar Galactica which i have seen a few times over.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
For me it's definitely Babylon 5, its one of the only shows I make sure to rewatch on a nearly annual basis.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
Adventure time - Pure awesomeness with subtle adult jokes
Burn Notice - It's got Bruce Campbell in it. Enough said.
Futurama - Matt Groening's magnum opus IMO

I would put Breaking Bad down as it's such a great show, but I haven't even finished season 2 (I've been very busy).

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
I've also experienced this with Community as well, however not to the sort of scale.
Well, ninja'd by Andy and a surprising amount of people in the thread. Community!

I've probably re-watched more Big Bang Theory episodes than any other show, though I have seen the first season of The OC an awful lot of times... Don't judge me!

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
Arrested Developent. I think I've seen it around six times. I never get sick of it. Never will. Ever.

I like Friends, too. Mostly because of Matthew Perry as Chandler. I love Chandler.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
For me it's The Wire and Deadwood, if I'm going to re-watch something, it may as well be the best series ever made.

all it takes is one quote..then I start to think about that episode, and how great it is, then I go back to watch it, then I watch the next one, then I just end up re-watching the entire series from the start.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I always love watching Fawlty Towers. Or The Mighty Boosh. And I get a kick out of the british IT crowd, too.

Right now I'm rewatching Twin Peaks...

but it's not a light watch.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I have a bunch that I watch over and over. Firefly, My Family, Futurama, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Spaced, and Spin City are probably the most prominent.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Nothing I can think of hasn't already been brought up, but...

Arrested Development
Community
Firefly

And also Doctor Who and MLP:FIM. While most episodes for those two have a high rewatchable factor, there are some episodes which I can't be bothered watching again

(unless its on tv and there's nothing else to watch)

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Pretty much the only series I've watched more than once are;

Death Note (3 times)

W.I.T.C.H. (3 times)

Friends (twice)

Cardcaptors (currently on my third watch through)

I guess I just love me some kiddie shows, it's rather worrying :L

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Breaking Bad is the most 99% perfect show on TV at the moment, sucks that it doesn't continue until next year, though. I'm going to rewatch it after it's finished.

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
My personal list:

Star Trek Voyager. When my boyfriend and I finished it I immediately felt lost, like I was suddenly going to be missing the friends I'd made over the weeks of watching it an episode or two a night. I just love love love The Doctor, Seven of Nine, and Janeway.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. Probably the best cartoon I've ever watched, period. Dante Basco as Zuko really stole the show for me, but there was pretty much nothing I disliked.

Law and Order/ Law and Order SVU. While I was in college there was literally never a time when TNT wasn't on in my dorm or apartment, and even if I'd seen the episode before, I wouldn't change the channel because I love McCoy and Brisco so.damn.much. If it wasn't TNT, it was USA, because it was Tuesday all day SVU.

Supernatural. Mostly because Sam and Dean are yummy and I could stare at them forever, though the story seems to have taken a left at Fuck You Mythology Square (their version of "Leviathans" is highly suspect) and ended up on Bat Shit Crazy Street. Still, I've seen all of seasons 1-5 at least four times.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Just. Cause.

Bones fell off this list due to jumping the shark. Game of Thrones and The Newsroom seem to be gearing up to join the list, but they're still rather new, so the WOW factor hasn't worn off yet.