The most ridiculous gun in any game.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
The big biceps in [Prototype]
Ha! I get it. Guns [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyLamePun].
well thanks for the link, but i think your being a little paranoid, there was no pun in that sentence, nor was that the intention, and even with your try to clarify it for me by pointing out what you thought i was referring to i still have no idea how you could find a pun, even one as bad as the definition describes.
Really? Guns? Muscles? You see no pun at all? Really?

Lostpropht

Dec 17, 2009
Ekonk said:
Vie said:
The Wabbajack.

Because not only are its effects amusing, but its just as likely to turn around and bite you in the arse by making your enemy stronger.
I used it on a mudcrab and it became a gigantic ogre. :/ I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
lol so THATS what that thing did? i could never figure out what the hell that thing was for! i just loved the mission to get it

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Jamous said:
Angelo Credo said:

Really, I think this speaks for itself, Gauss Flayer, anyone?
Wooooooo!!! Necrons! I did something like that to someone once. My squad of Warriors took on an Assault Dreadnought in close combat. No casualties for my side. Disruption fields FTW.
Cheap bastards!!

They have my vote...

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Lostpropht said:
Ekonk said:
Vie said:
The Wabbajack.

Because not only are its effects amusing, but its just as likely to turn around and bite you in the arse by making your enemy stronger.
I used it on a mudcrab and it became a gigantic ogre. :/ I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
lol so THATS what that thing did? i could never figure out what the hell that thing was for! i just loved the mission to get it
Well, what it actually did was just changing enemies into something else. Sometimes those new forms were weaker... and sometimes not.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Aunel said:
ActionDan said:
Aunel said:
not really a gun, but the guitar in L4D2, I refuse to use it until they give me a 4 string version of it.
Well your going to be not using i for a long time. There is no 4 string version of a guitar. All guitars have 6 strings or more. Not counted a Bass.
thank you captain obvious for pointing out a guitar has not got 4 strings, what I was trying to say is that I refuse to use it until they give me a bass.

[small]bassist pride and all[/small]
Then why didn't you just say you wanted a Bass? instead of going through all that?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
The Fat-Man! Think about it: If you approach any arms manufacturer or gunsmith with a request to craft a steam-powered-sling-shot which exclusively fires miniature nuclear warheads, you'll either get laughed at or thrown into a deep, dark federal prison on some far-flung island.
For a brief period the army actually used miniature nuke launchers, so it is not that unrealistic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery

Neon Kayoz

Aug 3, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
The Fat-Man! Think about it: If you approach any arms manufacturer or gunsmith with a request to craft a steam-powered-sling-shot which exclusively fires miniature nuclear warheads, you'll either get laughed at or thrown into a deep, dark federal prison on some far-flung island.
Actually, someone did... and they made it, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khyZI3RK2lE

Aunel

May 9, 2008
ActionDan said:
Aunel said:
ActionDan said:
Aunel said:
not really a gun, but the guitar in L4D2, I refuse to use it until they give me a 4 string version of it.
Well your going to be not using i for a long time. There is no 4 string version of a guitar. All guitars have 6 strings or more. Not counted a Bass.
thank you captain obvious for pointing out a guitar has not got 4 strings, what I was trying to say is that I refuse to use it until they give me a bass.

[small]bassist pride and all[/small]
Then why didn't you just say you wanted a Bass? instead of going through all that?
Because I'm special.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
RYNO 2 from R&C 2.

Its a missle launcher with raid fire and 200 missles with lock on.

And you have to remortgage your house to afford it.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
L1250 said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
Ha! I get it. Guns [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyLamePun].
well thanks for the link, but i think your being a little paranoid, there was no pun in that sentence, nor was that the intention, and even with your try to clarify it for me by pointing out what you thought i was referring to i still have no idea how you could find a pun, even one as bad as the definition describes.
so if anyone mentions muscles in a game that also features a variation of firearms its automatically a pun?.

you may be able to twist it into an pun but its quite clear that it was never intended to be one.

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
Definitely the huge cannon in Serious Sam 2 that launches cannonballs. Or the gun that shoots dogs from Duke Nukem Forever.

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
so if anyone mentions muscles in a game that also features a variation of firearms its automatically a pun?.

you may be able to twist it into an pun but its quite clear that it was never intended to be one.
I think you guys need to stop arguing about this, even if it is a pun it's entirely unneccesary and not really funny!

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
the experimental MIRV from fallout 3. it fires like 8 nukes in one go, and if thats not ridiculous then i don't know what is.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
properturnip said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:

I think you guys need to stop arguing about this, even if it is a pun it's entirely unneccesary and not really funny!
we weren't arguing, and it wasn't a pun.

i know English is my third language but i thought i expressed myself quite clearly, but apparently thats not the case since people find puns in any statements and hostility in any disagreement.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Pingieking said:
The mating call gun in Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Warning, do not fire near female members of that species; they can be quite insistent.
Where/when did you get that? I never saw anything about it, nor have I heard of it till now. :/

OT: Nemesis from Cave Story. At the highest level, it shoots rubber ducks.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
The holographic shield-thingy in Ratchet and Clank 3 (At least I think it's #3).

That "weapon" is just plain uselessness...

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
swaki said:
properturnip said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:

we weren't arguing, and it wasn't a pun.

i know English is my third language but i thought i expressed myself quite clearly, but apparently thats not the case since people find puns in any statements and hostility in any disagreement.
It makes life more interesting for those of us with no lives dude. In any case, kudos for the third language, I can barely be bothered with one most of the time.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:
L1250 said:
swaki said:

I'm aware that you didn't mean it as a pun. It was a joke. Would a "/sarcasm" or something have cleared that up?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
EcoEclipse said:
Pingieking said:
The mating call gun in Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Warning, do not fire near female members of that species; they can be quite insistent.
Where/when did you get that? I never saw anything about it, nor have I heard of it till now. :/

OT: Nemesis from Cave Story. At the highest level, it shoots rubber ducks.
You get it early in the game (3rd weapon, before Mr. Zukon). It's also featured in a lot of the commercials. It's the gun that has a frog-like animal on it and attacks using a burp-like action. It's actually a mating call, and in the description the manufacturers cautions against using it near the females of that species.