The Most Unbalanced Weapon/Thing in a multiplayer game.

JamesJackWalshe

Jul 30, 2009
You know those guns, powerups, vehicles etc. in a multiplayer game that completely destroy any balancing that the game previously appeared to have ?

Which ones are they and from what games ?

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
Tank whoring in cod 5. Not fun. Never use a tank in all four of my prestiges.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
RYNO. ratchet & clank. Ok that doesn't count.
1887's in MW2. no way a gun that old is that good. or that you can dual wield it. or that it has such a big range.
also, haven't we seen this topic before??

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Saul B said:
Tank whoring in cod 5. Not fun. Never use a tank in all four of my prestiges.
oh, come on, tanking AND tank hunting were my favourite things in the game..
..until they spawn camped, but that was only if i fucked up, so...yeah
for topic:
...stopping power is the best thing i can think of right now, still in the, sigh, CoD theme..

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
Twin RCP-90's - Goldeneye
Tick-Tock - Diddy Kong Racing
Twin Needlers - Halo(s)
Red Bombs with Detonators - Bomberman

Oh and Oddjob.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Oddjob. Without a doubt the most hilarious yet annoying character I ever saw in an FPS. Monkeys in timesplitters don't count because they didn't start with an instant-kill weapon.

ProfessorLayton said:
Spitter goo in Left 4 Dead 2. Oh how I hate the Spitter.
That's far from unbalanced. Annoying, sure, but it's there to serve a purpose. And if you're in a situation where it can do any serious damage, then the infected are doing well.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Any game that has a BFG in it. Although the last one I can remember was the Quake III Arena BFG, which was more like a hyper-powered plasma cannon and it really wasn't that bad.

I don't know if this would count, but I remember when Half-Life 1 deathmatch was big someone took the cockroach model from the single player game and made it a player model for deathmatch. Fucking impossible to deal with, all the hitboxes stacked up on that little model and you could easily conceal yourself on any ledge barely higher than the rest of the players.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
jerrrry said:
Playing as the monkey in TimeSplitters 2. So small, so hard to hit.
If you want to mess with a ninja monkey, you've already lost.

OT: There's that thing called "Tactical Nuke". I know it's really hard to get, but still, it's the most unbalanced weapon ever. The difficulty of getting it doesn't make it any less unbalanced.

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
It's not actually an item, but the fact that you can kill someone with the back of your gun faster than you can shoot them in Halo always pissed me off. I know they explain it, but come on!

ThisTypeofThinking

Jul 2, 2009
Floppertje said:
1887's in MW2. no way a gun that old is that good. or that you can dual wield it. or that it has such a big range.
1. The US DMR is built off the M14, which is essentially an M1 Garand with a box magazine and in a different caliber, and the Garand is 77 years old. Just because a gun is old, does not mean it is ineffective, especially for a shotgun, where accuracy and the caliber are less of an issue.

2. No, you should not be able to dual wield them. Someone else mentioned that Arnold in Terminator could only hold one in one hand, and that it cause great pain, even with rounds that were loaded with less powder.

3. Shotguns have a much larger range than in most games, so the little kids that believe guns in games are realistic think that shotguns are useless past 10 feet, not so.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
ThisTypeofThinking said:
Floppertje said:
1. The US DMR is built off the M14, which is essentially an M1 Garand with a box magazine and in a different caliber, and the Garand is 77 years old. Just because a gun is old, does not mean it is ineffective, especially for a shotgun, where accuracy and the caliber are less of an issue.

2. No, you should not be able to dual wield them. Someone else mentioned that Arnold in Terminator could only hold one in one hand, and that it cause great pain, even with rounds that were loaded with less powder.

3. Shotguns have a much larger range than in most games, so the little kids that believe guns in games are realistic think that shotguns are useless past 10 feet, not so.
ok ok, I stand partially corrected. true, old =/= bad. just look at the ak47, that's over 50 years old and we all know how well that one works.
but it's just not fun when you they 1-shot you from that far away. 1-shotting from range is what sniper rifles and headshots are for, we don't need shotguns for that. and snipers require some skill to use, the spread of shotgun pellets means you hardly have to aim at all...

ThisTypeofThinking

Jul 2, 2009
Floppertje said:
ok ok, I stand partially corrected. true, old =/= bad. just look at the ak47, that's over 50 years old and we all know how well that one works.
but it's just not fun when you they 1-shot you from that far away. 1-shotting from range is what sniper rifles and headshots are for, we don't need shotguns for that. and snipers require some skill to use, the spread of shotgun pellets means you hardly have to aim at all...
I'm not trying to defend the game, I think it's shit.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Akimbo shotties in MW2, they have too much power and range (somehow they have the range of an AR).