The most useless weapon in a game?

kantalupa

Jul 30, 2009
grenades from HL2 everytime i throw one at an enemy it just walks away from it, only time i ever used them were against snipers but that wasnt for long, and those special turrets.

SIXVI06

Aug 20, 2008
WRONG! The silenced MP5 in S.T.A.L.K.E.R (so-called Viper), and a TON of ammunition which can be found EVERYWHERE- and you're on your way to headshot heaven (pretty much, these guns have the lowest recoil rate of all the guns, so all you have to do is aim AROUND the head, and you're bound to kill several people in 1 clip anyhow.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
The Halo 3 pistol is useful only if you are good at headshots and melee, the HL2 pistol can take down two CPs in one clip if you hit every time, and I've never play Fallout 3 :(

That's my two cents.

SIXVI06

Aug 20, 2008
the silenced MP5 in S.T.A.L.K.E.R also has a reload speed of about JUST less than 1 second - so you can continuously spew ammunition at your opponents with barely a break between volleys :D

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Chrissyluky said:
yes but at what cost think about ammo effeciency the 32 bullets would much better be put to use in a hunting rifle :p. and 15 damage is rather bad my xianglung chinese assault rifle does 62 dmg a hit.
Damage shown in-game is "damage per second".
Also, that 15 damage is more than twice the original damage(6 IIRC).

For useless weapons, the knives in Fallout 3 are horrible. I actually do more damage with my fists than with a knife.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
Chrissyluky said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
scorch 13 said:
...chinese pistol in fallout 3...
Whats wrong with it? Simply get the 'Holy weapons fuck-up pack, Batman!' from Point lookout. Them it does like 20 damage. Or get the Zhu-rong flame pistol version.
what are you on about..? ive never had it do anything beyond 6 its rather worthless.
The broken PL perks add loads of damage to it. My BB gun now does 15 damage! And don't get me started on the gatling laser... behemoth down in 7 seconds...
haha especially if the gatling laser is vengeance. OT: I'll agree with the chinese pistol. For low level i mostly stuck with the 10mm

XSA37

Aug 5, 2009
Plasma pistol from Halo. Seriously, unless you want to go around a map shining like the freaking green lantern, it is useless. Utterly useless.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
Prod - Worms
That is all
I couldn't even begin to tell you the number of worms I've plunged into the sea with the prod. But hell, if we go down this road there's so many weapons in Worms that are useless if you're actually trying to use tactics, but totally amazing if you're just screwing around on a map with only human Worms.

As for my 2 cents, I'd say the Arm in MediEvil. If you ever bother to find out you can use it, you'll never be able to kill anyone with it without getting killed.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
XSA37 said:
Plasma pistol from Halo. Seriously, unless you want to go around a map shining like the freaking green lantern, it is useless. Utterly useless.
Plasma pistol + MSG = Rape.
Plasma pistol + regular pistol = average rape.
plasma pistol + Plasma rifle = shield rape.

Plasma pistols are shield removers. Use them wisely and the shielded covenant will be at your feet. Also its nice on PVP too.

Nothing in the world is more useless than the Power Beam in the first metroid game. Not even the plasma pistol from metroid Zero mission matches its uselessness. I don't know how they made it soo good in brawl i really don't.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
plastic_window said:
The Rockerfly said:
Prod - Worms
That is all
I couldn't even begin to tell you the number of worms I've plunged into the sea with the prod. But hell, if we go down this road there's so many weapons in Worms that are useless if you're actually trying to use tactics, but totally amazing if you're just screwing around on a map with only human Worms.

As for my 2 cents, I'd say the Arm in MediEvil. If you ever bother to find out you can use it, you'll never be able to kill anyone with it without getting killed.
The arm was awesome though, I got through most of the game with just the arm

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
As soon as you find the hammer though, every other weapon becomes obsolete.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
plastic_window said:
The Rockerfly said:
As soon as you find the hammer though, every other weapon becomes obsolete.
This is true but you've not known how to switch weapons until half way through the game have you?

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
zjpicks said:
Akai Shizuku said:
Spore pods in HL2 in later levels.

Also, the pistol in the second and third Halo games.
Considering the backstory for the first pistol, it wasn't really overpowered, just over-ranged. I use to use that instead of a sniper rifle because it fired faster.In Halo 2 the pistol was a bit weaker but it was still useable against smaller enemies and the flood, especially while dual weilding. But by Hal0 3 that thing was just a paper weight.

OT: For me it was the bows in Morrowind. Granted I didn't use them often in favor of melee weapons, I would go to trainers and level up that skill and use the best bow I could find. Usually still took three or four shots to kill creatures that I could kill with a steel short sword in two hits five minutes after the game started.
The thing is, I never found the pistol useful at all unless it was online and nobody had shields.

Bows? I find them extremely useful, in fact. I have a daedric longbow, and I must say, it kicks a lot of ass.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Chrissyluky said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
scorch 13 said:
...chinese pistol in fallout 3...
Whats wrong with it? Simply get the 'Holy weapons fuck-up pack, Batman!' from Point lookout. Them it does like 20 damage. Or get the Zhu-rong flame pistol version.
what are you on about..? ive never had it do anything beyond 6 its rather worthless. plus a hunting rifle does more than 20 damage :p and it chews up .32 ammo so you know. anyways most useless weapon in a game? id say enrage in bioshock i jon hard)found myself using it(and use i played on hard)
i think you're confusing the .32 caliber pistol with the 10mm Chinese pistol. both suck ass because there is a weapon better that uses the same ammo but your'e still confused.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
Yeah. Chinese Pistol and .32 are both majorly ass-sucky. Which is disappointing for the .32, as that was one of the most satisfying guns to use on squishy targets in Fallout 2. I'm not a big fan of the sawnoff either, although it *is* really cool in principle. Plus melee weapons in general, I find. Even the super-sledge doesn't pack that much punch. Although it *is* fun to cripple someone's legs with a gun and then advance on them slowly while they try and run away, bleeding and weeping. Then VATS them with the sledge and watch their legs explode. Heh heh heh.

In UT, the biorifle and the ripper are both pointless pieces of equipment.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
SIXVI06 said:
The nuts you throw at anomalies in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. They don't really do ANYTHING but detect something you can already see and hear anyway. Not very good against anything that shoots or bites you... they kinda only bounce off their helmets like m&ms on an umbrella- and then they shoot you in the face.
You can use them to find an exact path through anomalies, instead of complete guesswork. For example when a lot of anomalies are packed together the space you can walk through is often very precise and tight so it can really help out.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Nazulu said:
I remember there was a lot of weapons no one ever used in Counter Strike because they were either too weak or difficult to use compared to the popular guns like the AK47 and desert eagle.
The UMP and Defender
UMP is a pile of recoil.