The New Black Gold and Brothers of The Creed

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Hold the phone- people don't like Brothers Of The Creed?! I love that song! The last two minutes or so in particular.

DOn't be listenin' to dem player-haters, Gav.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I always miss these for some reason. Then see them after a few days... For this column, it's great hearing about the process, both technical and thought, that goes into your songs. On the subject of Brothers of the Creed, it sounds like the KKK bullshit was mostly people being dickheads. Next time you get some stupid criticism like that, please don't bow to it. Although I understand that being badgered by idiots taking one line out of context and interpreting it in a ridiculous way could be annoying... Oh, I did really like the song too, I thought it did capture the theme quite well.

As for what songs I'd like to hear about next, I'd be interested to hear a bit more detail on the process of one of your heavier songs, like Duke or The Grind. It would be cool to see a song that was more "pure Metal" for want of a better description. Many of your heavy songs have those softer parts, usually the chorus. I realise either it might just not be your style, or their might not be the audience for it, although many Escapists seem to listen to Metal.

I'd also love to hear about the process of Mortal Kombat Party. As soon as I saw that one I thought "oh cool, a heavy one". Then, nope. I did like the song, it just surprised me the direction you went with that one. Lastly, congratulations on all your success. I remember way back seeing your thread about Gordon Freeman Saved My Life, been listening to your work ever since. You deserve it.

fabrimuch

Sep 28, 2011
I´ll admit that New Black Gold is awesome, but Redemption Blues is my personal favourite. It´s the most emotional song yo´ve written and always gets me in a melancholic mood whenever I listen to it. An I haven´t even played the game!

megakoresh

Apr 4, 2010
The New Black Gold is my favourite song of yours so far after Commander Shephard. I really liked your Nord mead advertisement, I think you would do well to create more songs in this kind of funny style as oppose to all serious style you use now. I really hope you will create The Darkness song as well. I played the demo and OMG I think I am going to love the game, you probably will too, seeing as you get mad often, if you know what I mean.

AbaddonAlmighty

May 5, 2010
I liked both The New Black Gold and Brothers of the Creed. I'd say Black Gold is my favourite though. Brothers of the Creed always reminds me a lot of the credits for The Fifth Element.