the new space marine trailer

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
I heard it going to RPG. NOt sure, but it...looks..amazing/awesome/fantatic/*insert w/e else you like* I don't care what chapter they have, as long as you get to play other races later on(maybe for DLC?). But It looks quite awesome. I believe we will only have 4 people to be, so maybe 4 player co-op? two people on range, while two other are melee? Idk, but I can't not wait until this comes out.

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
kwdav said:
piers789 said:
A couple of things:
1) Is it only going to be xBox? I know its unlikely but I need to ask being a P.C. gamer.
2) I really hope there are other chapter to play as. I've never liked the Ultramarines, I much prefer the Dark Angels.

Lastly, the game looks good, but then again, that is what trailers are supposed to do. I look forward to it but I'm yet to be convinced.
xbox and ps3 only this game, but still the representation of an actual horde and the fact we can now use bolters realistically this game has come a long way since september.

and to all the people moaning about the smurfs i dont care as long as its a good game :p
LOL smurfs. They are THE most vanilla chapter.

I have a feeling, we'll get other skins but probably not the traits inherent to those chapters.
lol i hope so orks need to feel pimpsmack of justice from the disco marines

piers789 said:
Well I hope your right - about the P.C. part at least.
Inre: to the co-op, hell no, I'm way to misanthropic for that.
ah why not coop cmon whats more fun than ripping up orks , ripping up orks with your mate

DeadlyYellow said:
So....what is it? Spectacle fighter? Hack'n'Slash?
hack n slash shooter

caz105 said:
Looks like a God of War clone but with Warhammer:40,000.
please leave the thread and take your fail with you to the failboat. looking at the trailer it has no affiliation with god of war guns power armour actual hordes not 5 monsters you have to wack repeatedly. god of war clone my god thats like calling dynasty warriors a god of war clone.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
So we've had Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior, and now we're getting Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. What's next, Warhammer 40K: Dreadnought? Actually that does sound pretty kick ass.

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
caz105 said:
please leave the thread and take your fail with you to the failboat. looking at the trailer it has no affiliation with god of war guns power armour actual hordes not 5 monsters you have to wack repeatedly. god of war clone my god thats like calling dynasty warriors a god of war clone.[/quote]
Yeah because a few aesthetic details completely change the game don't they?
/sarcasm

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
Outcast107 said:
I heard it going to RPG. NOt sure, but it...looks..amazing/awesome/fantatic/*insert w/e else you like* I don't care what chapter they have, as long as you get to play other races later on(maybe for DLC?). But It looks quite awesome. I believe we will only have 4 people to be, so maybe 4 player co-op? two people on range, while two other are melee? Idk, but I can't not wait until this comes out.
well its confirmed its gunna be rpg like meaning customisation and new weaps so we arent limited to the ones seen in the vid. sorta like dow 2 just you control 1 space marine in a fluff inspired game i.e it takes a thousand orks to chip your armour

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
please leave the thread and take your fail with you to the failboat. looking at the trailer it has no affiliation with god of war guns power armour actual hordes not 5 monsters you have to wack repeatedly. god of war clone my god thats like calling dynasty warriors a god of war clone.
/sarcasm[/quote]

yes because a gun is just an aesthetic change and as long as a game has a melee weapon and a alot of onscreen enemies its a god of war clone.

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
/sarcasm
yes because a gun is just an aesthetic change and as long as a game has a melee weapon and a alot of onscreen enemies its a god of war clone.[/quote]
OK I revise my statement. Its a GOW clone with a gun. Which doesn't really change it at all.

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
caz105 said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
/sarcasm
yes because a gun is just an aesthetic change and as long as a game has a melee weapon and a alot of onscreen enemies its a god of war clone.
OK I revise my statement. Its a GOW clone with a gun. Which doesn't really change it at all.[/quote]

its not a clone jesus H non existent christ why does every game that is in a genre have to be a clone? you realise this whole smashy slashy combo madness was first invented by games like dynasty warriors and devil may cry. youre probs the type of person who calls sandbox games gta clones

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Pants... wet... must... stop... watching... *cough* Yeah, well...

That is one of the more awesome trailers I've seen ever. Despite the fact that it's the Smurf Brigade instead of a real chapter it still looks too awesome for words and is FAR more promising than that early gameplay video that was circulating around a while back.

I'd love it if the game actually featured squad combat, customizable characters and being able to do all the stuff in the trailer (Jump Packs look especially awesome). Also, I hope they do a PC version.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Footage of this game has actually been out since September, but it was then under a different studio. If relic does not bring this to PC I'll suffer a great deal of disappointment.

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
/sarcasm
OK I revise my statement. Its a GOW clone with a gun. Which doesn't really change it at all.
its not a clone jesus H non existent christ why does every game that is in a genre have to be a clone? you realise this whole smashy slashy combo madness was first invented by games like dynasty warriors and devil may cry. youre probs the type of person who calls sandbox games gta clones[/quote]
Nope it just looks like a GOW clone. It doesn't look like Dynasty Warriors and especially DMC with the demon option. Why can't you just accept it is what it is, a GOW clone?

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
RedMenace said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
/sarcasm

its not a clone jesus H non existent christ why does every game that is in a genre have to be a clone? you realise this whole smashy slashy combo madness was first invented by games like dynasty warriors and devil may cry. youre probs the type of person who calls sandbox games gta clones
Stop feeding the Troll pleas. He will not stop arguing until you stop giving him attention. I agree with you though. It is not a God of War clone. It is more like a mix of Dynasty Warrior and Too Human (gameplay wise).
i suppose your right i am feeding the troll hes back with another dull and evidenceless comment. also i seriously hope the controls dont go the way of too human a good game ruined by terrible controls.

jpo009

Lord of the Dance
Apr 16, 2009
I have to say...yes, OMG yes! Why didn't they think of this before its incredible.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Urgh. Why do we have to kill Orcs? Why can't we kill Tau? Or either Eldar? They suck. Because of that, I dunno if I'll get this game or not. I don't care if I miss out or not.

What would interest me would be an FPS from the perspective of an Imperial Guard trooper, maybe with Call of Duty-esque controls, but that might be a bit droll.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
DemonGuy792 said:
Wow. That trailer looks awesome.

I only have two problems with it:

1) Ultramarines. I hope you can change that, although I seriously doubt you will.

2) Somehow, I don't think the game will actually be as good as that trailer, and will degenerate into mindless repetition. However, I have faith in Relic, because Dawn of War didn't get boring, so they might be able to pull it off.
My stance exactly. I don't like marines full stop, but this game may change that.