The New XIII: It's Not What You Think

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I don't see how doing a new game in the series on an Ipad does anything for the game itself.

XIII the first game I every played online, on a console. I think had they tapped the whole, comic book style for a shooter, would have at least put them apart from all the other generic shooters nowadays.

I can see where they could have had issues, no one really wants a old school shooter, with average death match and ctf. It is so par for the course, a straight forward, hand holding linear walk through with one ending and a couple of multiplayer maps.

There are a lot of directions this could have gone, Shooter with rpg elements like the most recent Wolfenstein game sure, An open world conspiracy thriller, sure why not.

A point and click mystery game on an Ipad, yeah, way off.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
I'm kinda curious about this change of genre, up for it and want to try, even. I'm also baffled at how there's only one post pointing out a major hypocrisy here (thought most people were up for some variety in their franchises), and at the fact that I'm the only one who sees this as a possibly positive change.

Just because it's going to be an adventure title it's granted it will suck? Really? I thought genres were equally good if done good... And why not depart from the shooter genre? I mean, it could be only me, but shooters way overweight the market these days aynway, and as pointed out before, most franchises (Fallout, Syndicate, Commandos [well, kinda], etc) have turned to shooters, which is not necessarily a good thing, but it can be done right, as Fallout 3 proved it. So why is it so impossible the other way around?

Anyway, there's not a lot of info about this game and everyone seems to be acknowledging it's going to suck, and I think it's utterly stupid.

Dusty Fred

Aug 3, 2011
Intruiging... some of those screenshot are almost exact versions of panels in the original comic book.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
I'm kinda curious about this change of genre, up for it and want to try, even. I'm also baffled at how there's only one post pointing out a major hypocrisy here (thought most people were up for some variety in their franchises), and at the fact that I'm the only one who sees this as a possibly positive change.

Just because it's going to be an adventure title it's granted it will suck? Really? I thought genres were equally good if done good... And why not depart from the shooter genre? I mean, it could be only me, but shooters way overweight the market these days aynway, and as pointed out before, most franchises (Fallout, Syndicate, Commandos [well, kinda], etc) have turned to shooters, which is not necessarily a good thing, but it can be done right, as Fallout 3 proved it. So why is it so impossible the other way around?

Anyway, there's not a lot of info about this game and everyone seems to be acknowledging it's going to suck, and I think it's utterly stupid.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Well, I was expecting a games that continues the former's plot. I don't think this is it.
I'm glad they revealed this before I had my hopes up.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
for ipad????. i want the sequel were the original XIII ended. XIII was unique and had some challenging stealth parts. even the action was solid and a interesting story.
really a shame that a sequel never came out. and from what i read, XIII failed because people dint like this comic graphic style. so retarded.
i think i give this one a miss. even when i like adventure games like myst or monkey island.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Sooooo... this is supposed to be the sequel to XIII?

Well, I can safely say that this has been taken off my list of "Games I'm Definitely Anticipating This Year". I am disappoint indeed.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Fucking damnit...
Why did I even let myself get excited anout this, now I am disappoint...
/sigh

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm all for the glorious return of Point and Click.

And even if it turns out to be mediocre or bad, at least there will have been more tears than the last March Mayhem.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
That's fine, I mean, I won't play it but at least it will get the story out to people who probably never read the comic, played the game or watched the TV movie with Val Kilmer.