The new Youtube layout

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
I was flicking through the forums and couldn't find one for this. So I've created one for everyone to vent their frustration.

PS: type in youtube.com/home and it goes back to normal

weker

May 27, 2009
I like it, IF they allowed me to delete videos on my sub box, I mean why remove that?

Rainbowloid

Jan 12, 2010
Do people seriously have nothing better to complain about than websites changing their layouts?

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
The only thing I don't like is the new video layout. I would prefer if that aspect was kept the same and if it was possible to disable the video advertisement to the right.

Other than that, meh.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I find it amazing that the related videos feature, something that has annoyed so many people, still exists besides all the complaints.

I like this one more than the last layout, but the one they had around two years ago didn't need fixing.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
Rainbowloid said:
Do people seriously have nothing better to complain about than websites changing their layouts?
agreed, can they not just suck it up and get used to it. the designers of the websites have the say of the layout not us simple.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I've started to unsub from channels just because there really is no damn point to sub to a channel that releases things rapidly like Rooster Teeth, it clogs up your tiny sub box so fast that everything else gets pushed out. And the whole having to manually click for more recent videos instead of having the nice row of new stuff from a channel sucks.
Recommended, I always X'd it out and now its back and takes up a nice third of the screen, why?
Also the stupid grey bar on the left, I don't want to nor do I need to connect to facebook or google +, or to see trending info and all that nonsense.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
I've never complained about Youtube's layout changes because whats the point? I just get use it, which isn't too hard since nothing really drastically changes. But this design kinda irks me because I can't delete the videos in my sub box I don't want to watch at that immediate moment.

Also, even when you watch a video the whole way though, it doesn't actually disappear. It makes it slightly harder for newer videos to actually show up accordingly and actually keep my subbox clear.

Aside from that, I don't really give a fuck. Oh and thanks for the /home thing.

Edit: WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T STAY! RUMBLE-RUMBLE! HARUMPH-HARUMPH!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
IF they bring back the ability to delete uploaded videos from my inbox, I wouldnt have a problem.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Rainbowloid said:
Do people seriously have nothing better to complain about than people complaining about websites changing their layouts? ;)

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
I'm just a little pissed that they got rid of the delete button. I've watched the video! It's just making a mess out of my homepage now!

Besides, I liked the horizontal video layout, with the name of the subscriber above the videos that they uploaded. Made things so neat and easy. This new just has a line of videos...

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Rednog said:
I've started to unsub from channels just because there really is no damn point to sub to a channel that releases things rapidly like Rooster Teeth, it clogs up your tiny sub box so fast that everything else gets pushed out. And the whole having to manually click for more recent videos instead of having the nice row of new stuff from a channel sucks.
Recommended, I always X'd it out and now its back and takes up a nice third of the screen, why?
Also the stupid grey bar on the left, I don't want to nor do I need to connect to facebook or google +, or to see trending info and all that nonsense.
here here

[hr]

Not that this is new, but it pains me to always have to change the player size to large at the start of a new session (an html term) especially when I open chrome after a crash (multiple youtube tabs open simultaneously at this point)

There needs to be an option to always open it to large size by default instead of what they have now which is just quality related.

[hr]

Dutch 924 said:
PS: type in youtube.com/home and it goes back to normal
oh thank fuck. I was worried I'd have to just use the subscription page.