The Next Far Cry Could Star Vampires, or Dinosaurs

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Why do Ubisoft even bother asking? Why not just just throw it all in?

Id definitely shell out for a game set in the arse-end of nowhere featuring cyberpunk supersoldiers versus cyberpunk vampires all riding cyberpunk dinosaurs.

Bonus points if i could dual weild everything and run faster than most vehicles.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Saetha said:
RejjeN said:
Why not both?

In a more serious tone, something more fantastical would be great :)
Cowboy vampies!
I believe there is a PS2 game called Darkwatch with your name on it.

OT: So...is there like...a link? Because for once Google was not my friend and I would really like it if I could have vampires in my Far Cry. Maybe ask White Wolf to lend a hand.

Steve Lovell

Apr 25, 2011
Aiddon said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
DoctorM said:
Saetha said:
RejjeN said:
Why not both?

In a more serious tone, something more fantastical would be great :)
Cowboy vampies!

DoctorM said:
Now I want vampire dinosaurs in a game.

I'm copyrighting that right now (and zombie dinosaurs, just to be safe). Crytek, contact me if you want permission to use them.
Cowboy vampires riding dinosaurs!
Are we talking six shooters or laser blasters?
Sixshooter shaped lasers, and lets have the dinosaur mounts be zombies because aliens... fuck it, toss in a random alien invasion.
With jetpacks, 80s music, Michael Biehn, mutants, werewolves, and possibly have a rock-off at the climax.

How about zombie dinosaurs riding vampires?!

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Grumman said:
Like others, I'd say mixing a few together would be the right way to go. Something like a Far Cry game where the protagonist's Firefly/Millenium Falcon crashes on an alien world inhabited by raiders and warlords who ride an assortment of alien dinosaurs and sci-fi-ish vehicles. Throw in a badass woman as a protagonist and the ability to play it with just Steam's own DRM, and I'd buy that game.
Holy balls, I would play that so god damn quickly.

I've always wanted a space shooter where everything is completely new and different, and what you described sounds amazing.....

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Strazdas said:
PBMcNair said:
Wouldn't far cry with dino's just be Turok ? Hopefully a better one, mind you.
no because you would have to collect 100 dino leafs to unlock dinosaurs.
Well I have to admit, my only exposure to the older turok games was a brief encounter on a friends birthday one time, when we launched some poor fools sky-high with an explosive firing shotgun.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Another cultural study with exaggeration instead of fiction would be nice.
Like for example saudi arabia or china.
The purely fictional stuff with the dinosaurs and aliens is more fitting for spinoffs a la blood dragon.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Alaska could be kinda cool, but I think that we all secretly want a FarCry with dinosaurs.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
PBMcNair said:
Holy cow, that would be phenomenal, especially if they made it like the old Turoks, where it wasn't just dinosaurs, but aliens, robots, monsters, undead, etc. Combine that with the traditional amazing Turok weapons, and that'd be a first day buy for me.

But my vote probably goes to a "Mad Max" style game. As much as I loved "Rage", I was disappointed by how small the world actually turned out to be. A large-scale game set in a well realized post-apocalyptic setting with a character upgrade system and great weapons and shooting action? Yeah that'd be great.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
A return to Africa could be interesting. Perhaps South America or Eastern Europe too.

Mar 30, 2010
Going from those options I would prefer a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world where you can fight against or join vampires.

Where do we go to vote?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Aiddon said:
With jetpacks, 80s music, Michael Biehn, mutants, werewolves, and possibly have a rock-off at the climax.
I think we've got a winning combination of retro-cheese... Should we add in some voice acting by Bruce Campbell to top it off?
Are we talking about the next Far Cry game or the next Saints Row game?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Dammit, i'm already getting my ass chewed off by honeybadgers, getting stomped by rhinos and now they want to add dinosaurs?!
Actually it would be better for them to go all out on the crazy since they fail with their 'serious' setting. Citizens of Kyrat have maximum 2 minute lifespan before getting eaten by some animal and they still have time to whine about Pagan being a dick.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
PBMcNair said:
Strazdas said:
PBMcNair said:
no because you would have to collect 100 dino leafs to unlock dinosaurs.
Well I have to admit, my only exposure to the older turok games was a brief encounter on a friends birthday one time, when we launched some poor fools sky-high with an explosive firing shotgun.
i was more poking holes at Ubisofts need to make everything a collectathon. i actually never played Turok.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
If they go with the alien planet setting, maybe they can finally get away from accusations of racism. Ubisoft can graduate to Spacist controversies.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
Or Vampire Dinosaurs!
A rich-kid 20-something (player) embarks on a boating holiday with his (npc) friends and after a few weeks of sailing the ocean, spots a series of misty island missing from their maps. Naturally curious they oddly varying lands and explore, but are unaware of the vampire dinosaurs laying in deep slumber until they accidentally awake them.
Hungry for fresh blood the ageless creatures hunt the player and friends and during a mangled attack that wrecks their boats, the player is bitten and gains supernatural dino-vamp powers.
With little hope of a timely rescue and an increasing thirst for blood the player becomes the hunter, working through the dino food-chain and gaining new strength with each meal.
At last the player having toppled the greatest of the ancient creatures is master of the land, just in time for a rescue chopper to arrive and be taken back to civilization.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs!

Imagine getting to ride one like you rode elephants in FC4. ;) Now THAT would be a blast.

I really hope that vampires or zombies don't win. Those are way past the point of being the last resorts for lazy writers.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I would like to vote for "a frozen tundra."

Also, this topic just made me think of a Vampire: The Masquerade game made on Far Cry's engine. Interesting thought, wouldn't mind seeing it.