The next "Friday"? - Also, Haters.

OrodrethAmandil

Jul 3, 2011
MorsePacific said:
She just reminds me of Nicki Minaj and, while I hate everything about her music, I don't hate her. Likewise, I don't hate this broad. Just hate the way she sounds.
Its probably because they both have the same song writers. Both sang about haters with a flashy video, brillant use of originality from the video creators and song writers. Well done Will-i-am, out of how terrible this is, he will probably earn more money :(

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
I like how she just completely copied the tune for "Oh my darling, Clementine" for the chorus. Pretty much everything about this song just annoys me. The rapping is just awful and doesn't make any logical sense half of the time. The singing is just as bad which annoys me even more because I watched the X-factor and she can actually sing(look at the video of stay with me posted on the first page).

I'm going to need to listen to some heavy metal while bashing my head against my desk to rid myself of the memory of this song. Urgh.

Alkaline

Mar 12, 2011
Just finished listening to that song and I have to say, it's far from what you're making it out to be. Hell, Friday wasn't even that bad, judging from what little I've heard of the song.

Not to say it wasn't bland and monotonous, but it's far from the "worst song ever". Come on, now.

StBishop said:
OT: It could be worse.
I don't "hate" it but I'd change the channel on the radio because of it.
Pretty much this as well.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Cher Loyd is actually a really fucking talented, passionate singer when she wants to be.

I dunno what they were thinking putting her in the song in the OP, it's horrible autotune abusing nonsense.
As I mentioned in the OP she is talented, however, I sincerely beleieve she had a huge input into making the song, and as such it ended up how it did. She was disliked by many of the public for being brattish, chavvy and arrogant, and it's really shown through in this video.

I should probably add to the entire thread in general that I find the video firstly hilarious, and secondly addictive - it seems to get better with multiple plays, even if the first is awful... (if you're wondering why i did multiple plays, it was to annoy someone)

I also loved friday, the buzz around it, and the way people reacted, so telling me to not give them publicity because it will make them bigger are only making it worse. Haters gonna hate.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Anyone else notice that part of the tune to that song at certain points is Oh My Darling Clementine?

Anyway, didn't like the song, she only exists because of the x-factor so as far as I'm concerned I'm avoiding it anyway.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Well it sucks but it didn't send me into self cannibalistic murderous rage like "Friday", so...well done?