The Official Screenshot Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
What settings are you using? It looks like your screen shots are sharper then mine and I have everything turned up except for RTX which is just at mid. And blur turned off.

I've read that any RTX other than max may result in grainier or less defined image quality, so maybe that's what's going on there.

graphics1.png

graphics2.png

Although I just noticed that Volumetrics were on low, Screen Space Reflections was off, and LOD was low originally. So I turned them up to see what happens.

The other thing is, are you using photo mode (N hotkey by default) to capture pictures? That's all I've used so far besides doing a print screen of the settings. I don't think the game has Ansel functionality and my Fraps has been acting up lately, but I also haven't updated it in years.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've read that any RTX other than max may result in grainier or less defined image quality, so maybe that's what's going on there.

Although I just noticed that Volumetrics were on low, Screen Space Reflections was off, and LOD was low originally. So I turned them up to see what happens.

The other thing is, are you using photo mode (N hotkey by default) to capture pictures? That's all I've used so far besides doing a print screen of the settings. I don't think the game has Ansel functionality and my Fraps has been acting up lately, but I also haven't updated it in years.
Hmm, that would make sense since rtx is so resource intensive. No, I didn't know how to use photo mode, most games just have it as a menu option, didn't know about the N key, I'll have to try it.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, using the photo mode certainly seems to help.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, using the photo mode certainly seems to help.

It must disable all the post processing by default. It’s not the most user friendly photo mode though, as unless I’m missing something I’m surprised by the lack of panning and zooming it allows. The most essential part of any good photo mode is free camera controls. I can understand being tethered to the player character for linear, scripted games with limited environments, but that’s far from the case here. Also it’s annoying that it seems to start with depth of field cranked to 11.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It must disable all the post processing by default. It’s not the most user friendly photo mode though, as unless I’m missing something I’m surprised by the lack of panning and zooming it allows. The most essential part of any good photo mode is free camera controls. I can understand being tethered to the player character for linear, scripted games with limited environments, but that’s far from the case here. Also it’s annoying that it seems to start with depth of field cranked to 11.
It is rather wonky to control and weird how high they have depth of field turned upp. But it seems like most photomodes I've messed with are pretty tethered to player character also, although usually you can at least face the camera away from them.