The Official Screenshot Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Last Xenoblade X shots

So this game lets you use any armor piece as a cosmetic, but unfortunately, most options are either too busy, too boring or too obnoxiously fan-servicey. Much like the characters themselves really. The solution? Make everyone do a shitty cosplay of other, more interesting game characters. By all means, take a guess.

My skell hangar. Apparently the mech designs are from the guy who did Gundam 00, so it's only appropriate they also cosplay in Gundam colors.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I was gonna say either Travis Touchdown or that protagonist dude from Dead Rising 2 ☺

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-7.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-8.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-10.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-11.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-12.jpg

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Ghost of Tsushima is a meticulously crafted world with wonderfully impressive attention to natural beauty. It's all too easy to become immersed. That is until I came across this oversight...

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-13.jpg

What is this anti-scientific befuddlement, sucker punch? Smoke ignoring physics like some errant pervert ghost?? It's not even trying!

But I suppose you've earnt enough tolerance and forgiveness for providing this moment to ease my decaying cynical heart...

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-3.jpg

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some shots from the OG and HD versions of Wind Waker. Both emulated, but at different settings. Everything default to the left. With improved resolution, anti-aliasing, texture filtering and whatnot on the right. Which looks best?

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Some shots from the OG and HD versions of Wind Waker. Both emulated, but at different settings. Everything default to the left. With improved resolution, anti-aliasing, texture filtering and whatnot on the right. Which looks best?

Hmm, based on these I think I like the top right best, with top left second.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Top right is better of the two for definite. But the bottom two am struggling to find much difference on. Am only viewing through a phone currently though, so maybe that's not helping, I dunno. The seagull changed places, but I expect that sort of deviancy that from those cheeky bastards anyway.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hmm, based on these I think I like the top right best, with top left second.
Top right is better of the two for definite. But the bottom two am struggling to find much difference on. Am only viewing through a phone currently though, so maybe that's not helping, I dunno. The seagull changed places, but I expect that sort of deviancy that from those cheeky bastards anyway.
I'll break it down. Top left is basically Gamecube Windwaker. Top right is the same but rendered at 4K and a fuckton of texture filtering and like 4x supersampling anti-aliasing (which is complete overkill, but looks ultra sharp in motion), then downsampled to 1080p. Bottom left is Windwaker HD at default Wii U settings, bottom right the same but rendering at 4K with some minor other improvements, then downsampled to 1080p.

And yeah, I also think top right is best too. The original art style looks amazing when you throw some modern gpu power at it. So vibrant and crisp. The HD remake might have more advanced graphical features, but imo they kind of subtract from the overall look, and that you can't fix by bumping the resolution.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Better music and costumes than the first, but the fella might have a problem...

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-17.jpg

Miles' got serious competition now the enemy has learnt the long lost microbial art of mitosis.

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-18.jpg

How am I expected to stealth that??

Reactions: Chimpzy

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
And yeah, I also think top right is best too. The original art style looks amazing when you throw some modern gpu power at it. So vibrant and crisp. The HD remake might have more advanced graphical features, but imo they kind of subtract from the overall look, and that you can't fix by bumping the resolution.
I think the top right is also the crispest image, for the hd remakes it seems like they added a light fog effect that washes out some of the color for distances. While that might be more realistic, I like the crisp image better.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think the top right is also the crispest image, for the hd remakes it seems like they added a light fog effect that washes out some of the color for distances. While that might be more realistic, I like the crisp image better.
Yeah, they added a bunch of stuff like bloom lighting, ambient occlusion, realtime shadows and what looks like a smidge of depth of field. They also changed how character models are shaded. It's most noticeable on Link's head. It makes models look more like plastic figurines of the 2d toons.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Beat my record again.

ct.jpg

There a few screw-ups that really annoyed me, like getting bumped off a pier by a telephone booth or something and having that customer go from green to red.