The Official Screenshot Thread

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Ellie, this guy looking kinda familiar.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-245.jpg

Can't put my finger on it tho.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-246.jpg

Ellie get back it's Steve Bannon goddamn we gotta take this chance!
ezgif.com-gif-maker-247.jpg

The sky is a jpeg. Guys, the sky...your sky is a jpeg, that's a bloody painting mate, not real clouds. Smh.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-252.jpg

-

ezgif.com-gif-maker-253.jpg
See the shape of the nose I created on the left graph then see the anime nose it made instead, literally censored by anime stereotyping. Are these mthafckas trying to trigger me personally?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Wait, are you saying they took out the volumetric clouds? I think even the original had some of that going on.
I can't remember if the original had them, but it's definitely more jarring when everything else in the game is so beautifully rendered, to look up and see the sky is a motionless giant bit of blotchy grainy cardboard. It might only be that one area tho, I need to check more skies. 🤔 The cloud police have been summoned!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I can't remember if the original had them, but it's definitely more jarring when everything else in the game is so beautifully rendered, to look up and see the sky is a motionless giant bit of blotchy grainy cardboard. It might only be that one area tho, I need to check more skies. 🤔 The cloud police have been summoned!

Given how much went into improving the lighting volumetrics alone I’d be surprised if it was completely missing. Chances are it’s very subtle like the original.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Given how much went into improving the lighting volumetrics alone I’d be surprised if it was completely missing. Chances are it’s very subtle like the original.
Nah when you zoom while playing, it's clear the image is static due to these small blotches that kinda look like a frozen film grain effect, which isn't too clear in the pic I posted due to the blurring effects on everything else when aiming with a gun. It really does stand out amongst the amazing graphics everywhere else. Maybe they assumed no-one looks up in that area lol.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Nah when you zoom while playing, it's clear the image is static due to these small blotches that kinda look like a frozen film grain effect, which isn't too clear in the pic I posted due to the blurring effects on everything else when aiming with a gun. It really does stand out amongst the amazing graphics everywhere else. Maybe they assumed no-one looks up in that area lol.
That’s pretty sad if true. Especially when even last gen consoles were capable of something like this -

Speaking of, when the hell you gonna give this game a next current gen update, huh Rockstar?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What system are these from? They look terrific.
PC, maxed out settings, including raytracing. Tho in a fair few of them I also used the photo mode's option to add additional lights into scenes to create more dramatic lighting and/or accentuate. Also, some Reshade in a couple shots, like the stark contrast in the b&w one.

Reactions: gorfias

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

4th wall moment

"Um, when I said "deer tracks" I meant...ah hell just run with it!"

Indian burial grounds

Speaking of indians, someone had a guilty conscience

With a little coaxing he spilled

about his role in a bloody massacre

there ain't enough booze to drink those demons away though

Easy looting, and among the bastard's possessions was a Native American ring.

"No I paid my bounty, dammit!"

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Bugsnax speaks from the heart.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Colour? In Britain??
ezgif.com-gif-maker-1.jpg

Oh were you expecting more effort from me beyond the obligation of this dumb selfie?
ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.jpg

Argh! the fucking spine, seriously?!
ezgif.com-gif-maker-3.jpg

I killed 3 robot dogs sharing the same position in the same row and feel very proud of myself. Fucking dapper mate.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-4.jpg

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker