The Official Screenshot Thread

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Some non-spoilery Ragnarok pics. Is just there's a variety of harmless wildlife in this that distracts me greatly.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-39.jpg

Not entirely sure how harmless this one is, but they got a charming accent at least.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-40.jpg

Lookie at this wee lil fella chillin!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-41.jpg

There's more of them!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-42.jpg

K, no idea who the dude is, but cool piggo either way.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-43.jpg

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Uh, which Pokémon is this one?

ezgif.com-gif-maker-44.jpg

Trees are neat.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-45.jpg

K, one tiny spoilery one, but only cause view is too majestic.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-46.jpg

Huh? Thus is still Ragnarok, right?

ezgif.com-gif-maker-47.jpg

Oh wait, no, it's just ocarina of time.

Fhy4bnYXgAAAEkI.jpeg

Last edited:

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Just finished my first major exploration trip out into the black in Elite Dangerous. I left the bubble of colonized space around Sol heading towards the derelict megaship Zurara located way out in the Formidine Rift.

20221111143846_1.jpg
One of my favorite things about exploration is that once you get away from Sol you start to see these brand new constilations that keep you company as you head on your way. Here I took a shot from my canopy of a group of stars shaped like a flying bird on my way to the Heart and Soul Nebulas just to its left.

1669508480080.png
It kind of morphed into a penis as I travelled, but that's abnormal. Usually its beautiful stuff only.

1669508584014.png
In this shot I'm sitting inside Soul and looking at Heart.

1669508629796.png
This looks like a magenta gas giant, but its actually a class L dwarf star. They can have rings, and this guys rings had a diameter two or three times the star itself. I wanted to sneak closer, but the inside of the ring is deceptive - I would burn and die long before I got anywhere near the star itself.

1669508789460.png
And here we are. The Zurara, filled with frozen corpses and orbiting an only mildly interesting terraformable high metal content world. This shot is from a long way off because the ship is so damn big you can't see anything if I get up close to it. But after listening to the depressed final records of a doomed crew, I jumped a few systems above the galactic plane and parked it while I figure out my next destination.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
an only mildly interesting terraformable high metal content world.
I read that as an only mildly interesting transformable high metal content world and was all "Did this mofo just find Unicron and react with a 'meh'?"

EvilRoy

Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I read that as an only mildly interesting transformable high metal content world and was all "Did this mofo just find Unicron and react with a 'meh'?"
The weird thing is that the galaxy in ED is so big the devs could have seriously hidden things like that out there and in like six years nobody has found it. Fingers crossed I find it on the way to my next destination.

Is that one of the "generation ships" from pre-FTL flight that I heard about in the lore before I quit playing?
Yeah, but this one is a bit different than the ones around the bubble. The lore of this one is that it was a secret trip to find habitable worlds at the edge of the galaxy where people could escape to and hide if humanity came under attack. When it got to its final destination, sleeper agents were supposed to kill everybody and steer the ship into the star to hide all evidence of the trip, but these guys sucked at it and ended up dying after only having disabled the ship. Other secret missions, presumably to the other quadrants, are believed to have succeded in ditching into their stars, but nobody has been able to confirm for sure because the galaxy is so damn big.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The lore of this one is that it was a secret trip to find habitable worlds at the edge of the galaxy where people could escape to and hide if humanity came under attack. When it got to its final destination, sleeper agents were supposed to kill everybody and steer the ship into the star to hide all evidence of the trip, but these guys sucked at it and ended up dying after only having disabled the ship.
Who funded this, Umbrella Corporation?

EvilRoy

Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Who funded this, Umbrella Corporation?
It was funded by, and I am not joking, "The Club". Which was a group that did shit like this I guess, I dunno. I don't think ED has bad lore, but there's a reason why in the middle of an alien invasion I'm hunting around trying to find planetary nebula and uncharted neutron stars instead of helping. I wanted to see the Zurara because it was unique but I won't pretend to be fully on board with some of the writing.