The OH-COME-ON-NOW Moment

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
MasterSteef said:
When in Left 4 Dead 2 during the Rock concert finale as you are sprinting desperately towards the waiting helicopter, a tank sucker punches you away into the stands... OH COME ON!
Even worse is when it's off the highest point of the stands, not counting the towers, all the way onto the cement. Happened to me several times while I was desperately covering my team's exit on Expert. Admittedly, it was half-amusing to see such bad luck, half-angering to die like that.

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
Hmm, probably that time I was playing Gears 2 with a few mates (one of which was Dexter Manning, AKA one of the guys who makes Sanity Not Included, its a long story about how I got him on my friends list...)

Anyhow, Dex was fighting me and two others, and he just raped us completely solo despite the odds, that everyone was using shotguns, and that we were all pretty decent players ourselves.

Oh, and on a somewhat related note, a few weeks later (shortly before he removed me from his friends list due to me going on holiday) we were filming for Call of Dover (a CoD WaW machinima) and 2 of us were running in circles around Dex. Annoyed, he fired a single warning shot, which killed both of us, and one guy who was watching in the background. Lulz were had that day.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
the 'if they came to hear me beg' acheivement in Halo:reach.

Specifically the times the assassination worked, but the game decided I was on the elite instead of behind it, and the two times the game did ninja iconed 1-hit beatdowns instead of the assassination and killed me into the bargain.

Enslave_All_Elves

Mar 31, 2011
It didn't happen to me. In fact I caused the moment for someone else. One of those times where you go, "OHHHHHHHHHHH..... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? Sit down."

In Black Ops I was playing launch. Ground War, some mode I don't recall because I was in a blood soaked murder frenzy. Anyways I'm coming around the catwalk at the side of the map opposite the rocket pad. I turn the corner and some guy starts firing. I duck back around the corner, he unloads his whole FAMAS clip into the wall trying to kill me. He fails. With reflexes that made it look like it was on purpose, I turn the corner and toss a tomahawk directly into the center of his forehead.

Oddly this was a goal I was trying to achieve because a couple weeks prior I did the same thing and the video did not get saved. I was determined to plant axes in heads and this I did.

Captain Epic

Jul 8, 2010
When you spend an hour trying to do some really hard puzzle in portal 2. Then later you see someone else do it in a much, much easier way.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
Spiral Knights in a poison arena. Those who have played will know what I'm talking about.

So I'm fairly undergeared for the level and we're on our way to the final round, the one with pit spikes. Long story short, 3 people go down and I'm left to fight almost an entire wave of enemies with just 1 health bar. Through evasive maneuvers, constant weapon charging, and healer knockouts I manage to destroy the entire wave by myself. Thinking my victory complete, I kill the last monster.

Then spawns about 20 robots, 2 healers, and some mine-layers. I cry myself to sleep.

dan-wah

Dec 21, 2010
VikingSteve said:
When you get 5 hit combo'd in MK when their HP is at like || this much. Then Xray you and you lose.

FUUUUUUUUUUU

Especially annoying with Mileena.
yeah, that does my head in, so does Shao Kahns 4 shoulder charge combo or his X-ray (60% damage, coooome oooooon, even for a boss that's harsh)

Syndarr

Mar 28, 2008
Onimusha, when Samanosuke is trapped in a flooding room and Kaede has to solve a sliding block puzzle to save him. I HATE sliding block puzzles, and suck at them under normal circumstances. And now I have to do one under a TIME LIMIT?! Oh, come on now!!

Chrono Cross, at the end of the first disc. I spent days trying to win that damn boss fight against Lynx, who wiped the floor with me every time. Then I finally beat him, and sat back to watch the cutscene that I was sure would explain all kinds of things. And then...my game froze.

Fortunately I'd saved right after the fight, but that didn't do me much good with a bad disc. I ended up having to contact Square Enix and send them my copy of the game so they could replace it. u_u

Above

Oct 3, 2009
CakeDragon said:
When playing Pokémon, when you're on that last grass tile and you get a random encounter.
In fact, any game where you're a step away from safety and you get a random encounter.

The pokemon scenario Is f***** annoying!

So close! SO CLOSE! *Cheesy battle music* -_______________-

Wild Soandso Appeared...LEVEL 2!

Go level 97 Suchandsuch!

-____________________________________-

angmoo

Mar 31, 2011
When I'm stuck at a really hard part and I keep dying over and over and over....just to be killed in a cutscene at the end of the level (I'm looking at you MW2)

d4rkxy13x

Jan 10, 2009
Right now (literally 40 seconds ago), in pokemon white, I was on my 14th battle subway singles fight, and a Gurdurr lands DynamicPunch 3 times in a row, killing all my team in one shots. Note : the move should normally only hit about one out of three times.
EDIT: And "Paralyzed, can't move" six times in a row; Protect working 3 times in a row; attack, sturdy stops him from dying, he attacks, next turn full heal and restart cycle.

And in all games, one hit kill weapons. Mainly halo stickies. There is NO protection from them, and even the tiny whiny orange bitches have them.
AwesomeFerret said:
Anyone who plays Monster Hunter will understand the one word that causes my "Oh come on now" moments. Plesioth.
*Knockdown* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Keep an eye on the timer in the top right-hand corner next to the lifebar. While not my video, this has happened no less than three times on the Normal and Hard difficulty versions of that Spell Card each.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
When you clipping a wild Pokemon HP down and then suddently you Pokemon dealt a critical attack! Sorry my beloved Pokemon but no! Do that only in battle, not capturing!