The oldest game you still play to this day?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Mine's gotta be the Original x-com. It'll be 20 years old next year... man lol.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
AC10 said:
Mine's gotta be the Original x-com. It'll be 20 years old next year... man lol.
Wow, thats incredible. My game came out in the same year as X-com; Betrayal At Krondor (I tend to play this every year or so).

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the Super Nintendo. My friend and I have a blast playing it, and we come up with a new in-joke every time.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Pool of Radiance, a 1988 CRPG.

Though to be honest, I don't replay it as often as two of its sequels, Hillsfar and Curse of the Azure Bonds.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I restarted and completed the Pokedex on my Pokemon Red Version a few months ago. I believe that it was the third time that I had completed the Pokedex in that game and I think that it will be the last time.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I still play and adore the original Fallout games. Two being my favourite out of them.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
Minesweeper. Hardest "custom" cleared: 190 mines.
Good for mind clearing while mine-clearing.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Eh, I dunno. Rarely play any games older than '90. Super Mario Bros. 3, I suppose? I think that is the oldest game that I still play every now and again. Honestly, I find it very hard to play any game released before '90. I tend to avoid most of the stuff from before that era like the plague, since I know that every single game I play from then (with the extremely rare exception) I will hate. Not because of the graphics, more because of how poorly designed they were, how crap the controls were (especially PC games), how crap the interfaces were, how crap the stories were, how punishing they are, and just how damn simplistic most were.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Persona 4 on the PS2, not that I really consider it that old since I only picked it up for the first time in April last year.

I suppose UMVC3. Yes that is still quite recent at last December but I don't really hold any real love for the games of last gen besides the obvious Persona 4.

UMVC3 man... I'm back with the decent people in rank again. Literally the only person still playing Phoenix Wright in Europe and still running around with his Week One Combos. Still have a way high Win/Loss ratio though so that's good.

Oh how the hell do you time OTG assists? I've seen X-23's one assist (you know, the one that hits OTG when she's tagged in) used in combo extensions before... Doesn't stop me from absolutely failing to do it even in the training mode.

And I still never use assists. Ever. The game can be so unpredictable that the guy can throw out a random super, notice he tagged your assist, X-Factor cancel and repeat the super to instakill whatever assist you had at the time.

I miss the invincible PW assists. They were perfectly balanced and legit dammit.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Solitaire. Ha!
No, to be honest, the oldest game that I have played the most and longest time would be Jagged Alliance 2 (1999). Following that, it would be X-Com, and the old Fallout games. If I could get the really old Sierra Quest games to work (especially Heroes Quest series) then I'd be playing them for sure. Wait! Just fired up GOG.com, to find almost all of them there, holy crap. Excuse me for a moment....

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
While I don't play them as much as I used to, I still mess around with Pong and Galaga. They can be nice tension relievers, at least Pong can, Galaga can perturb after a losing streak.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
According to the wiki Punch Out was before Super Mario Bros so I guess thats the oldest game I still play even though I have never completed it. I am much better than I used to be though.

I generally dont play many games before the SNES era anymore though with a few exceptions ofc.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
The oldest games I still play (as in I have them installed on my computer and might fire them up every now and again) are X-com and the Imperialism games (of which the first one is the oldest obvoiously).

Of the games I played recently (the last month or so) I'd say Half-life 2 is probably the oldest.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
To this day...Civilization III. Best game ever.

Although my friend owns an Atari 2600 and we used to always play Cops and Robbers which consisted of two pixels running through a maze of pixels.