The Opportunist

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.
It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.
Well I wouldn't really call Kratos and Duke Nukem "good guys."

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Angry Star Shirt Dude has some impressive upper body strenght.

Hey! Last week I described this as the K-Pax school of psychology! You rewrote my joke using a reference people'd actually get! I'M ON TO YOU, CARTER.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
I feel like I should know this joke, it seems familiar but I don't get it sadly .. though now I am wondering how come Erin our 'protagonist' is seeing villains and enemies of video games now? I know for a fact that Medusa is a boss character in God of War.
It's actually a Medusa head from Castlevania.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.
It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.
Shush you, they have good intentions.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Deathninja19 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
I feel like I should know this joke, it seems familiar but I don't get it sadly .. though now I am wondering how come Erin our 'protagonist' is seeing villains and enemies of video games now? I know for a fact that Medusa is a boss character in God of War.
It's actually a Medusa head from Castlevania.
Oh? .. Wait if I may ask, how do you know she's from Castlevania?
Not saying you're wrong, for you're most likely right but just figured she was from God of War since there was a Medusa in that game.
Cause Medusa heads float and Erin is up in the air, plus in the little sentence bellow the strip he says it is a Medusa head which is the Castlevania's creature official name.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
canadamus_prime said:
It's a medusa head from Castlevania.
I knew that. It was it's significance to this comic that I wasn't getting.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
There's probably going to be a lot more to it than just "appreciate the fragility of life as I dangle you out a window".

People seem to be really annoyed for some reason. I guess I understand since we only get two strips a week and the pacing is a bit slow, but thus far, nothing has happened that would keep this comic from being the very first thing I check every Tuesday and Friday on the Escapist. Hell, I seriously doubt anything will ever change that.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
Let's see... What are the medusa heads most known for in Castlevania and how does it correlate to Erin's current position of being inches from dropping to her death...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
Let's see... What are the medusa heads most known for in Castlevania and how does it correlate to Erin's current position of being inches from dropping to her death...
Oh I get it now, hence why I said "wasn't getting" and not "am not getting."

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Took me a bit, but I get it! :D I dunno, made the joke funnier since it took me a while to understand.

Oh, Erin. You are so messed up.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Oh I get it now, hence why I said "wasn't getting" and not "am not getting."
Ah, I see. Read that wrong. And here I was this close to writing a more sarcastic comment juxtaposed with Nicolas Cage's face. That would have looked pretty bad on my part. :p

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Khravv said:
I actually don't mind this storyline, but I do agree the pacing is kind of slow.
This is basically my feelings on this arc. I think the story is interesting enough. But it is REALLY boring me with how slowly we are getting there.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Grey Carter said:
The Opportunist

The Jackson School of Interventions

Read Full Article
So, which one's the fan of Ellie Goulding? You or Cory? ;D

Also, interesting turn of events. I'm looking forward to seeing the next crazy twist in this crazy arc xD

Paul Sedgmore

Mar 28, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
But they are both the Protagonist (the main character) of their respective games and not the antagonist (a character, group of characters, or institution, that represents the opposition against which the protagonist must contend)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
Seeing that Medusa head & reading the caption underneath gave me a major Castlevania flashback! Well done to those of you who figured that out too.